Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

PLEASE READ - SITE TEMPORARILY CLOSING

Post subject: PLEASE READ - SITE TEMPORARILY CLOSING
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:20 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Many thanks for your patience while this site was down recently. This was the first stage in updates and getting things organised and trying to upgrade and devote more time and attention to a few websites that I currently run.

The next step is a pretty major update at the server level. For this, it will be easiest to turn off the various websites and back them up before proceeding with the upgrade, as this will mean that I should be able to bring everything back after its done and it safeguards against loss of data, etc.

Therefore, I will begin this phase next Monday (13th January 2020). That's not to say that this site will be unavailable then, but I will start the process of this. As a result, this site (and the Net Armageddon site) will initially be disabled, and then likely removed. I will then upgrade the server OS and restore the sites.

While I will attempt to recover and return everything exactly as it is now, I cannot guarantee every file. I have been doing this long enough to know that many things could go wrong. Therefore, please keep backups of any files, documents, pictures, threads, etc that are important to you.

Additionally, my main email is actually based on the server here too, and therefore I will not be reliably contactable. However, I will attempt to keep updates posted on Twitter and can be contacted there:

https://twitter.com/tacwarnet

I am also present in the various Facebook groups and discussions.

I have no idea exactly when this will start or how long it will take. My estimate is that I will begin this process at the end of next week or the start of the following week, and that it will all take around two weeks, but this is subject to numerous factors.

Many thanks to each and every one of you for your support and patience.
I am optimistic that this is the start of a new chapter for this site and these boards.
Iain/CyberShadow

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]