Login |  Register |  FAQ

Automatic log in issues

Post subject: Automatic log in issues
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,
so almost every day on taccoms I go to the log in screen, select "log in automatically each visit" and then sign in.

Almost every time the following day I need to sign in again. I would like my account to remain logged in, as I don't use other boards as often as taccoms.

Is there any way to remain logged in properly? I don't know if this is happening to other people.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Automatic log in issues
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah; I get the same.

I log in from a few places, and it looks like it happens more if I log in on the train - unstable connection? - or when I'm actively browsing the forum on two computers at the same time.

Windows, mac, chrome, firefox; doesn't seem to matter what I connect with.

I sometimes use a keyring addon with autologon to get around it, but usually it's really not worth the hassle; I've decided to live with it until it bugs CyberShadow enough to do something about it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The strange thing for me is that I only ever log on with one computer. The connection has been very stable lately. I can't figure out what might be signing me out.

I always use Chrome. I could not go on warseer for a week and the next time I go on I'll still be logged in.

It seems to happen overnight, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:25 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

The issue with logging on from multiple locations is that login is handled with sessions, and a specific session is linked to a specific device. So, when you attempt to log in somewhere else, the boards automatically close your previous session and create a new one for that account.

With no remaining logged in on a single device, the most common issue is a browser setting. Did you update Chrome recentlyor change any settings? Sometimes the browsers wont store sessions after they are closed unless they have specifically been told to do this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I opened my google chrome settings, and signed in to the browser with my google password. Hopefully that helps.

Thank you.