Login |  Register |  FAQ

Ork Army Selection

Post subject: Ork Army Selection
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:53 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

The problem was pointed out in a WD about 40K Orks a while ago. Basically, the common problem is that all vehicles are Evil Sunz, all close combat are Goffs, etc.

I am happy to have my Epic Orks as Bad Moonz, but I will include buggyz, squigoths and whatever else. The same way that my World Eaters Marines have heavy weapons, and so on.

Aside from that, the clanz are fine. Most of the time, I create my own groups (Chapters, Craftworlds, etc) - but my Orks will be Bad Moonz, for the background that is already existing and filled out.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Like I said before, the SM1 chart did a pretty good job giving each of the Ork Clans their own "flavor". ? We liked the system and kept it. ?Same goes for the SM, IG, Squats & Chaos, (in our opinion). ? The problem with too many guys making up too many of their own units is play balance. I'm all for not "being lazy" (?), and making up your own Clans, Regiments, etc., but if your "BIG KA-HOONA" Clan has all "looted" Baneblades & Imperialis, then I think that might be over the top.? And besides, most of the Ork Clans, SM units etc., we liked, they worked, and so we used them. ? All my IG Regiments' numerical designations are after units I actually served with when I was in the Army. ? The Light Infantry units I organized that way and the Mech and Armor I did the same, but based them on the SM1 templates. ?So all I'm saying you have to have some guide lines or parameters... ? After you establish that, then go for it !!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Legion 4 @ 05 2003 Mar.,06:03)
The problem with too many guys making up too many of their own units is play balance. I'm all for not "being lazy" (?), and making up your own Clans, Regiments, etc., but if your "BIG KA-HOONA" Clan has all "looted" Baneblades & Imperialis, then I think that might be over the top.?

totally agree

personally I would never create a "winning" clan, as in my opinion that goes against the spirit of the rules

but I also know too many players are somewhat beardy and cheesey and therefore take advantage of such things

Almost Always Right...