Login |  Register |  FAQ

Got some ?'s about old models

Post subject: Got some ?'s about old models
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sup all.  

I was reading the BOLS epic coverage and it inspired me to download and read the E:A ruleset.  This in turn inspired me to pull out all my old epic ork stuff, banished to the closet for a decade....SO I have a few questions.  

1.  How do people feel about the old 5 guys in a square infantry bases as opposed to the newer style 5 in a row style?  Should I be rebasing?  (Ugh.)

2.  I have some old ork buggies and plastic dreads that are, to say the least, tiny and fiddly.  Some of these I have glued to pennies to give them a bit of heft.  Is this cool with how the new rules work?  Have other people done different things?  

3.  I have thought about the following "counts as" deals.  DO any seem off?

--I have just a TON of the old plastic battlewagons with the tiny turret and the skull on the front.  Are these too small for battlewagons?  Should they be the trukks in the KOS?  Or should I use them as battlewagons and cut them down smaller to make trukks.  

--I have lots of different tanks that can be gunwagons, gobsmashas, spleenrippas, weirdboy towers, etc.  I was thinking about using the mekboy speedstas (I have 9) as  either themselves in a KOS list or as Gunwagons with oddboy upgrades in the regular list.  

4.  Which one of you guys has my great gargant?  I swear it was in there last I looked.  

More ?'s about army lists and such to come.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:34 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Welcome biz! Good to hear from another old-school epic player.  :agree:   Sounds like you have it all pretty sorted already, but here's a few answers to your questions:

1. Any basing is cool. Many people have a mix. Early on in the rules it specifies what's legal these days (pg 10, section 1.1.2).

2. Old vehicles is fine as is gluing them to counters.

3. Your counts as all sound fine. Old skullwagons as battlewagons/trukks or both! Mekboy speedstas (lifta droppas, rokits, bubble chukas) typically as gunwagonz with oddboy upgrades, others as the speedstas in the KOS list.

4. The gargant is just mad at not being in battle for ages and stomped off to find a war. He'll be back.  :;):

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to the forum.

1. The basing rules are pretty flexible, as Markconz and Hena have pointed out.  When I first heard about Epic: EA, I was under the mistaken impression that all infantry had to be mounted on the rectangular bases, but this is not the case at all.  I use all of my square based infantry from Space Marine without any problems at all.

2. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with your fielding units based like that against me.  I don't think that it's an issue at all.

3. (See answers above)

4. Are you sure that it's not headed off to join a Waaagh while you were sleeping?  You know how impatient and impetuous Orks can be!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great to hear someone from BoLS has found us!:-)
Got any pictures of your work for us? It's always nice to see how new armies are coming along?
Go now! Tell all over at BoLS to start playing epic! Viva la Revolution and all that!
R>