1-2 Aspect warrior detachments in wave serpents
Jetbike formation

I would say that is his core. Along with the "free" Avatar of course. :angry:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Questions for you Epic Vets
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:09 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

FYI, Saim Hann is definitely a work in progress and I (among many others) consider it to be significantly overpowered at the moment.

The Ulthwe list was basically finished, imho, but MC23 has started a new round of discussion on possible changes.  You might want to browse those threads in the Eldar section.

===

Overall, I'd recommend starting with Biel Tan.  It will get you started with the minimal amount of figures to purchase.  You can always add the craftworld-specific auxiliary units later if you change your mind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Or simply paint the Eldar a color scheme you devised and use it with mutliple lists.. You'll have some troops that don't see playing time every game, but you'd get multiple forces that you could change depending on your mood....

I am painting one that is semi Ulthwe in color scheme, and I plan to use it both with the Ulthwe list (85% of the time, and the Beil Tan the rest.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Casarez,

I recommend assembling and priming the pieces and just playing. Worry about a paint job later and then decide on a list after you've tried out a few different Eldar army variants. Then, start painting... :)

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (CyberShadow @ 19 2005 Aug.,11:23)
You may have to give us a bit more info. How many points will you be playing, or is this just a starting point (so a core of, say 1500 points)? What armies did you play in 40K, and what are you favourite force types and tactics?

If you cant decide on a Craftworld, I would suggest using Biel-Tan to start with, as it is finalised (kind of) and more stable than the others. You could go for a Jet Bike heavy Biel-Tan force.

Sorry I realized this morning that I did not include enough info for you guys to work with. I honestly do not know what the standard point size epic game is.

As for 40k I started with SM (like a lot of players) but eventually gamed with IG. But that was back in 2e and I have not played since. Now IG was fun but I have found as I have played other games (CBT, FoW) that I like manueverability more than static playing. For example in CBT I very rarely take assaults or heavies unless they have a certain movement curve to them.

For a Jet bike heavy force I thought Saim-hann would be more approriate. My initial ideas (Which might be flawed) for lists was this:

1. Biel-Tan aspect 'Grav' or 'tank' heavy force with Revenant and/or Phantom titans.
2. Saim-hann jet bike heavy force, some grav, very limited Engine of Vaul, no titans.

As for my own craftworld I actually did not consider this. Although the set color schemes for the craftwaorlds are very nice. Would people care or would they be ok with something like this?

- Looking for Epic:A players in Northern Virginia -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (nealhunt @ 19 2005 Aug.,14:09)
FYI, Saim Hann is definitely a work in progress and I (among many others) consider it to be significantly overpowered at the moment.

ah, I was not sure how far along that list was.

- Looking for Epic:A players in Northern Virginia -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Casarez @ 19 2005 Aug.,17:23)
1. Biel-Tan aspect 'Grav' or 'tank' heavy force with Revenant and/or Phantom titans.

I've you're going to go tank heavy, Ulthwe is the better choice of Craftworld: better Strategy Rating and (for now) the same point cost!

As to paint schemes and Craftworlds, as it says in the Swordwind book, the armylist there is the "typical" Craftworld's organization and most use that, though at other times they may use a different organization.  If you do your own Craftworld, focus on one list, but leave the option open to use other lists at other times: other Craftworlds may sometimes send heavy jetbike or Wraith armies to the field at times, not just Saim Hann and Iyanden.  Since they all use the same models, you've got lots of flexibility.

Now living in Boston... any EPIC players want to meet up?