Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

If you could change the rules...

Post subject: Re: If you could change the rules...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Less lethality overall, and more 'pushback towards its table edge' mechanic. I find assaults, MW, EA and TK weapons to be a bit too lethal.

I'd rather this lethality be curbed, and replaced with some sort of a 'push-away' mechanic, so that there's less chance of a one-sided battle after turn 2.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cyguns wrote:
Ok , if I could change one rule , it would be this. Having to countercharge towards the closest enemy unit, even if it’s from another formation. It makes little to no sense to me, I would change it to the nearest attacking unit, or unit performing the assault or however it need be worded. That would be great

I do not understand why this hasn't been done already, I mean, officially on the forum.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:13 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The rules as written make sense for the level of game Epic is. You're commanding platoons and companies to move around the board, effectively taking on the role of a colonel. Someone at that level isn't going to be directing individual squads in a firefight, at that point you're relying on NCOs who are going to be most focused on the closer enemy.

From a game play perspective it rewards good placement on the part of the attacker, making for a good enfilade fire abstraction and allowing smaller formations the chance of taking on bigger ones with a bit of planning/coordination. It's also helps to balance out support hits only going on those units that rolled a FF/CC die in the combat.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
The rules as written make sense for the level of game Epic is. You're commanding platoons and companies to move around the board, effectively taking on the role of a colonel. Someone at that level isn't going to be directing individual squads in a firefight, at that point you're relying on NCOs who are going to be most focused on the closer enemy.

From a game play perspective it rewards good placement on the part of the attacker, making for a good enfilade fire abstraction and allowing smaller formations the chance of taking on bigger ones with a bit of planning/coordination. It's also helps to balance out support hits only going on those units that rolled a FF/CC die in the combat.

100% this.
When you're in the shit, you're not worried about if the dudes in the next block you're trading fire with are from the the same unit as the main force currently in CQB with other parts of your unit.

"pardon me good sirs. I would appreciate a quick look at your patches there ... Ahh all is well chaps! They're from another unit. Back in cover now. We'll go around these guys to enfilade the other guys a 100 meters further on. They've got the right insignia I reckon!"

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

counter-charging the nearest enemy unit even if it' snot the attacker..

the stupidest rule ever

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7