Login |  Register |  FAQ

Clarification - Pick up and engage?

Post subject: Clarification - Pick up and engage?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is the reading in 1.7.5 of the NetEA rules: "Transported units may disembark at the end of any move after the move in which is it was picked up."

To me this means you Embark them in turn 1, the Rhinos make a normal or double or triple move, then you stop and you're done. Turn 2, your Marines can Engage - the vehicles can move up to their 20cm move and then the marines rush out. The Rhinos support in CC. But it takes 2 turns - one to embark and Move, one to Engage.

To my Honorable Opposition, you Embark in turn 1. As part of your Engage action, you move 20cm. You stop, the marines inside the transport Engage, and rush out. The Rhinos can support in Close Combat. It can all be done in one move, but of course you can't double or triple move. A Rhino, slightly faster than a marine, is very useful.

I hope I am right. I suspect my opposition is. Please let me know.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Clarification - Pick up and engage?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:35 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

LiveCoconut on reddit had it correct. Each move let's you embark or disembark at the start or end of that move. You can't do both in the same move, but you can do both during the same activation.

Advance, engage, counter-charge, consolidation and potentially marshal and hold are *one* move, so pick embark or disembark.
Double is *two* moves, so pick one on the first move and the other on the second.
March is *three* moves, lots of combinations here.

Withdrawal moves are optionally, you get 0-2 of them and they work the same as above.

And some other stuff that's worth mentioning:

To embark, the unit being transported must not move and the transport must move over them.
To disembark, both units can move so long as it happens at the start of the transport's move. Whether the unit disembarks with a single part of the stand within 5cm of the transport or completely within 5cm of the transport should be covered in the 5-minute warmup.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Post subject: Re: Clarification - Pick up and engage?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you for the clarifications! I really appreciate it.