Login |  Register |  FAQ

Imperial Logistics/Artillery

Post subject: Imperial Logistics/Artillery
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh and Spt Wpns like Tarantulas = AT, Rapiers = Gen. Spt Wpn, T/Guns - HE (Hi-explosive) , Mortars - HE; ?would probably be at Bn Level like the Griffins. They would be in plts or a Hvy Weapons/Cbt Spt Co. ... just like in the SM1 IG TO&Es ! ?And in RL ! ?:) ?And Lion and Orange, came pretty close to being correct on their posts ... but the do have military backgrounds ... :D ?And even if different Rgts from various planets would be put together (Task Organized) for a mission. Support functions would be similar. ?For example - in the ROK my US Mech Bn from 3rd Bde was attached to the 2d Inf Bde and Task Organized with a Tank Bn from 1st Arm Bde and a Korean Inf Bn ... ?it worked as the system is designed to be flexible ... :) And sometimes a USMC Co. would land in CH-53s and be attached to us.  We'd throw'm on the back of the attached Tanks and move out !

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

umm, what ?!?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I thought I went too "Real World Military" for most ... oh well ... sorry ... :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh and Support Weapons like Tarantulas = Anti-Tank, Rapiers = General. Support Weapon, T/Guns - HE (Hi-explosive) , Mortars = High Explosive;  would probably be at Battalion Level like the Griffons. They would be in platoon or a Hvy Weapons/Company battallion Seperate Company. ... just like in the Epic 1st edition IG army lists!

And in RL !  :)  

Lion and Orange came pretty close to being correct on their posts ... but the do have military backgrounds ... :D

And even if different Regiments from various planets would be put together (Task Organized) for a mission. Support functions would be similar.  For example - in the ROK(?) my US Mechanised Batallion from 3rd Brigade was attached to the 2d Infantry Brigade and Task Organized with a Tank Batallion from 1st Armoured Brigade and a Korean Inf Batallion ...  it worked as the system is designed to be flexible ... :) And sometimes a US Marine Corps Company would land in CH-53s (Big transport helicopters) and be attached to us.  We'd throw'm on the back of the attached Tanks and move out !

===========

Tell me if I got anything too far wrong? :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah ... that looks correct ... actually something like I'd say ?!?!?  ???  :;): ROK = Republic of Korea !  So you get a score of 99.9 % on L4 to civilian vernacular !   So very good job !  :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I blame it all on a misspent youth running about in fields firing blank rifle rounds six feet to the left of the 'enemy' (So as not to kill my school classmates with the round's discharge!). :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very good !  Were you a cadet ?!  Or just got a hold of blank rounds !  :laugh:   I've fired a few blanks myself ... it's a bad idea to kill your own guys in an exercise ... or for real for that matter !  No Blue on Blue engagements !  :laugh:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lol thanks E & C
CH-53s (Big transport helicopters)

i got that one actually counts as a proper name :)
and ROK was the one that really made me pause so i dont feel so bad.
honestly tho l.4. really do love to hear your opinions on this kind of stuff especially , im always one for packing as much realism in my war games as possible, weather it's historical or E.A. i need my "suspention of disbelief" to really have fun. so keep the army talk commin and i'll try to learn and not give you any more guff. :)
edit: REALLY bad spelling :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No problem !  I'm not easily offended, much !  :laugh:  So ask away ... I have a tendency to ramble on sometimes and hope most understand what the FraKK I'm talk'n 'bout !  :D  Like I said, I served 10 + years in 4 Infantry Bns, so I add my insights to the conversations based on that decade ... followed by 16 + years of 'Epicing"  !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Legion 4 @ Feb. 13 2007,01:07)
Very good !  Were you a cadet ?!  Or just got a hold of blank rounds !  :laugh:   I've fired a few blanks myself ... it's a bad idea to kill your own guys in an exercise ... or for real for that matter !  No Blue on Blue engagements !  :laugh:

Aye I did Army Cadets for four or so years... learned how to strip and clean a rifle, call it a 'round' not a 'bullet', and ride in a *lot* of four-ton trucks. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thought so !  What you Cadets use, H&K G-3's ?   :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actually they changed from the old SLR to the SA-80 (non-automatic version so you had a massive cocking handle on the right hand side) a year or two before I started... so I had a semi-decent weapon for my years (I only say semi-decent, because the A2 version of the rifle only came out a couple of years after I stopped).

Had a go with the LSW version of the SA-80 a few times too...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh that's correct, Blacklegion is from Germany !  Not the UK !  :blush:  The SLR was more like our M-14 ... that was the first rifle I used as a cadet, besides the Springfield '03 for D&C and occasionaly the M-1.  But eventually we got the M-16 which the SA-80 is comparable. But you know that !  :)  And LSW version is like the US M249 SAW, IIRC !  Cool ! :D