Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Designng Iyanden

Post subject: Designng Iyanden
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Indeed, to few to repopulatet the complete Craftworld. But they are their. His fleet destroyed the Hive Fleet (granted the Craftworld fleet already did alot of work).

I would think they stayed as a defensive force.

Warp Rift
Project Distant Darkness
Eldar MMS

GothiComp Hall of Fame
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=19176

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can't imagine Yriel saving the day and then walking of leaving the Craftworld in shatters without helping.

Still, Yriel staying wouldn't necessarily mean that the Corsairs would stay as well, would it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:04 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Nor are corsairs, treading the path of the outcast, allowed in craftworlds for an extended period. In order to stay for the four centuries since the first Tyrannic War, the corsairs would be forced to choose another path, effectively subsuming them into mainstream Eldar society.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (blackhorizon @ 22 Nov. 2005 (06:15))
Indeed, to few to repopulatet the complete Craftworld. But they are their. His fleet destroyed the Hive Fleet (granted the Craftworld fleet already did alot of work).

I would think they stayed as a defensive force.

In Epic they would be part of the Guardian hosts. I see in no oher way they would affect the EPIC list.

Now I do have plans for a "Corsair landing force" after all the Craftworlds are covered. That's more of an unusual force to play around with some unorthodox combinations (my excuse for an Eldar tank host). Jervis is willing to look at my proposal when I'm ready.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You can do a pretty good Corsair list just by taking the standard Beil-tan list and refusing to select any aspect warriors, Avatar, Titans etc. Also play the farseer as a regular commander/leader and you'll be fine.

Cheers!
Tepoc

http://www.pbase.com/tepoc/epic_army_pics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Tepoc @ 24 Nov. 2005 (23:16))
You can do a pretty good Corsair list just by taking the standard Beil-tan list and refusing to select any aspect warriors, Avatar, Titans etc. Also play the farseer as a regular commander/leader and you'll be fine.

Cheers!
Tepoc

Corsairs should not be able to field that many Guardians. Corsairs are mainly an excuse to revisit my love for the Rogue Trader Eldar Pirates (calling them Corsairs avoid the problem of 40K 3rd ed Dark Eldar being more of the pirate Eldar now).

I don't really want to start discussing them too much as there are too many unfinished craftworld lists right now and I have lost many of the old playtesters when GW dropped the old forums. I don't want too much out there getting things spread too thin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I would imagine that several guardianesque formations can be formed out of a single capitol ship.

Cheers!
Tepoc

http://www.pbase.com/tepoc/epic_army_pics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Eldar Inyaden vs SM Battle report 4000 pts each forces
Inyaden
REvenant Scout titans
Spirit warhost in wave serpents with Spirit seer upgrade 750ps
Spirit warhost 350
Vampire 200
Guardian Warhost 200
2 X Falcons 1 firestorm  500
1 fire prism formation 250
1 warwalker formation 200
1 X3 night wings
1 Wraithlords formation
1 Cobra
Twelve total activations

SM (less sure of thgese)
2 Reaver battle titans
2 terminator groups with upgrades
1 thunderhawk
3 tactical marine groups (one without rhinos), all with hunters
1 devastator formation (one with razorbacks)
1 formation of landspeeders
Battle report to follow
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (lilroblis @ 28 Nov. 2005 (10:57))
Battle report to follow
Robert

How did it go?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I apologize for the delay, the full picture version is just not going to happen:
Two Battle reports
VS Space marines
Turn one SM went first
Double moved a devastater unit to some buildings (mounted in Razorbacks), and a REaver titan towards my wraithgate.
Doubled with falcons, shot at razorbacks (killed1), doubled with second falcons killed 2 more razorbacks, landed vampire and disgorged spirit hoste, broke the unit with some good shooting. Kept picking on this unit, totally destroying it.
Ended the turn with nightwings on cap, warhost on overwatch by my key objective. Spirit warhost and wraithlord warhost ready to assault titan.
Turn two, used combined fire of reevant titans, two units of falcons and fire prisms to destroy one reaver, then assaulted the other with troups abobve and destroyed it.
Marines tried an airborne landing with terminators, three shots from fire prism shot it down, and they conceded, down to 4 units still in play.
Easy win,
Vs IG
Army included two units of SHT (shadowswords and another OOP type), two big formations of inf one in chimeras, a reaver, 3 units of attilan rough riders, 3 units of sentinals, bombers, and fighters also three units of artillery.,
Turn ONe used phoenix bombers to take out a unit of artillery, shot up the SHT, and assaulted the titan out of  the vampire. Broke the chimera inf and  Army CIC with falcons and artillery.
Ended up breaking the titan, destroying one SHT. Turn two assaulted the SHT, rolled a lot of ones but still destroyed on unit (3SHT), used pahntom titan to destroy reaver, used vampire and bombers to destroy two remaining artillery groups.
DEstryed a couple of sentinal groups with falcons.
Turn 3, they resigned, as army was starting to disintegrate.
Bothe spirit warhost that I used were however close to destroyed by return fie.
Learning:
Need wraithlors, and would like to use storm serpent as well as wraithgate
If you roll ones it does not matter what your weapons chance of hitting is i.e. 12 2+ MW firing at SHT, 1 hit, no damage.
Hope thgis chain of thought was of some value, will post a better battle report later.
Robert

VS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (lilroblis @ 15 Dec. 2005 (09:28))
I apologize for the delay, the full picture version is just not going to happen:

Hope thgis chain of thought was of some value, will post a better battle report later.
Robert

Well, it supports some fears about the strength of an Inyanden army. Any thoughts on what would have made things a fairer fight?

Would a (dare a say it) 4 stands host of Wraithguard be a posssibile option? (I haven't played it yet as I want to finish up on Ulthw?) And for the record, the Vampire will have it's carrying capasity adjusted for Wraithguard so 2 hosts can't be carried, only 1.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know this might be a bad time to dig up more eldar lists but i just love Iyanden... Got some ideas:

Spaceships as troupes - perhaps with a small discount, Iyandens few citizens could be spared some deaths if the "navy" could do some more damage. It could also represent remnant pirate vessels that supports the craftworld without gettig to closely involved.

The living few, One formation with a majority of inf per Spirit host. This would allow a higher degree of AV at the cost of inf formations which would go well with the few eldar.

The Spirit host, i hope the final host will be 6, a host of 4 seem more like.. a troupe? Increase cost for the host and/or transports and perhaps the Vampire if they are "to" good when mobile.

I sure hope the Iyanden will be "vaulted" asap, to get some kind of semi-official list, but i guess that depends on the BT review..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Iyanden is on hold until Biel-Tan review goes over Wraithguard. Current rules break down game balance / play when they are used in force in Iyanden.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd like to throw my support behind having the base wriathguard host be 4 stands, as otherwise it would become too big to be Eldar-y and too powerful to be fair (bunches of MWs, all reinf armor).

In fact, I'd suggest that the base host of 4 stands be costed at a slight premium, with a somewhat discounted price for upgrades. That would help to keep the number of activations down, encourage the use of the transport or wraithlord "upgrades," and would eliminate the need to increase the vampire's point cost.

i.e. (point values are guesses)

Spirit Host
4 Wraithguard stands for 250 pts
may add one of the following:
4 Wraithlords for 200 pts
4 Wave Serpents for 175 pts
2 wraithguard stands for 100pts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(MC23 @ Aug. 30 2006,15:45)
Iyanden is on hold until Biel-Tan review goes over Wraithguard. Current rules break down game balance / play when they are used in force in Iyanden.

Understand that but i could not let the thread sink below 90 days, sorry.

Its a dilemma, considering the new codex probably will boost WG toughness and wraithcannon and still allow WG be used as troops when maxed out - that would equal at least 60 WG for a wh40k organisation chart... 12 E:A stands...

Now i know that wh40k unly have limited bearing on Epic (have argued that myself  :p ) But WGs are not more restricted in numbers than any other troop type really. For me that only leaves pricing to balance them.
Well, ill leave it be until BT is finished and teh wh40k codex is out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next