Login |  Register |  FAQ

Exodite Maiden World(4.2)

Post subject: Re: Exodite Maiden World(4.2)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very interesting ideas.. As I said somewhere in thread, they are not set in stone the rules.. Do some betraps and see how they go..
Thanks for interest..

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, again...
Thanks for your kind replies and encouraging words.

The army is soon to be entering the workbench and I will be abel to field almost all of the formations and units.
It feels so much more "real" when you have the miniatures and hopefully this can be an army that one day will be in the army lists.
In the next few weeks Im planning on doing my "reps" batreps. I will post them in the epic armageddon batrep section.

As PFE200 mentioned above nothing is set in stone. In my earlier post I suggested som changes ( got well received) and after sitting down building lists and doing comparisons with other Eldar lists I have some further changes that I would like to propose. I would like to point out that it is a much easier task to come in from the sideline as I do and have remarks on this and that which is nothing compared to dreaming and creating this list from scratch. So as I said before only want to help and put my two cents in to make it ( eye of the beholder) a even more playable list.

So my No.1 objective is to make this a playable list and with that comes some minor changes from whats in it right now. Its as stated before an overall great list and I have no desire to make changes to all stats / units and so on.

Ive been helping Cyguns with both play testing and stats breakdowns for his Dark Mech armylist lately ( its also in the development ) so I feel that Im kinda warmed up. He has also given me feedback and help with the changes Im now proposing.
So I feel its a couple of ways you can go with this and when play testing I will state what kind of changes Ive used for the list played.

CHANGES AND PROPOSALS

- EXODITE MAIDEN SPECIAL RULES the Megaton and World spirit will be dropped.
( I would also like thoughts on dropping May Not Garrison ?)

- EXODITE armies strategy rating 3 ( current 4).

- Massive creatures and knights have an initiative of 1 and rest of the formations have an initiative of 2. With a bonus of +1 for Warhosts when engaging.

- EXODITE MAIDEN WORLD INDIVIDUALS wraithgate cost 25pts each, max 2 ( current 50pts. each, max 2).

- EXODITE MAIDEN WORLD WARHOSTS cost 250pts. ( current 300pts. )
or
- EXODITE MAIDEN WORLD WARHOSTS cost remains at 300pts. but now unlocks 3 EXODITE MAIDEN WORLD TROUPES ( current unlocks 2 ).

- EXODITE WARRIORS get a stat change ARMOR: 6 ( current -) and CC 5 ( current 6 ).
( I would also like thoughts on dropping from current 150pts to 125pts. cost ?)
The extras that can be added to this formation will drop the Megadon ability and just be infantry units and will become Scatter laser and D-cannon infantry.

- MAIDEN SPIRIT MEGADON get stat change on weapon and cost.
WEAPON Warpstone D-cannon
FIREPOWER (current 3BP, Ignore cover, Titan killer (D3+1) FxF arc), change to: 3 BP, Ignore cover, Macro weapon, Forward fire.
Point cost ( current 200pts. ) 175pts.

- FIRE GALE will receive (15cm) small arms MW.

- GIANT CARNOSAURUS get stats, points and ability changes:
( current 2x pulse laser range 45cm) 2x pulse laser range 30cm. Reinforced armor. Critical hit effect: Holofield stops working, if one more crit is received it dies.
Point cost ( current 350 ) 275 pts. for one formation and buy an extra for a total of 500pts. for two units in the same formation.

- GIANT MEGADON Im not sure it sits right with that point cost vs stats but for now I won't propose any changes to it. If bought at a cost of over 500 pts ( current 600). it will be the given BTS and that alone is worth some extra extra pondering.

So thats it... I hope I didn't forget anything:)
Would love some feedback and thoughts and lets make this a list to play.
Whats not to like hordes of Dinos and the iconic eldar knights.

Bye for now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, again!
I will keep up with my monologue and yes Im sticking to my guns giving it some more TLC.
I have posted one bat rep and played 2 more games. None of them played in full due to cause and effect of dice rollin / luck or unlucky. First game vs SM. Exodites shoots down a fully loaded TH with a crit, that left opponent struggling and the EXo list couldn't be challenged enough. Second game vs IW first round was even. Due to Exo positioning, teleporting, winning 2nd round initiative and pulling of a retain on top of that...simply proved to much for a proper game evaluating ( can not recall when ever that have happened to me before ).

So the two game mentioned above have been with the below changes ( or none changes).
After play-testing and analysis trying to make this list approvable and one of its kind these NEW changes are proposed and will be play-tested.

EXODITE MAIDEN SPECIAL RULES the Megadon and World spirit will be dropped.

THR RAPTOR RIDER TROUPE is the only formation allowed to Garrison.( Current scouts and war walkers.)

- EXODITE armies strategy rating 3 ( current 4).

Massive creatures and knights have an initiative of 1 rest of formations have an initiative of 2. With a bonus of +1 for Warhost when taking the engaging action test.
EXODITE MAIDEN WORLD WARHOSTS 300pts.( So we bring it back.)

Each EXODITE MAIDEN WORLD WARHOSTS unlocks 2 troupes ( So we bring it back).

Drop SCOUTS and WAR WALKERS from the list.

Only one RAPTOR RIDER TROUPE for each warhost. 0-1 RAPTOR RIDER per WARHOST.

Make WRAITHSKULLS a separate TROUPE with NO extra options. Also drop the SCOUT ability.

PTERADON RIDERS will drop SCOUT ability.

- EXODITE WARRIORS get a stat change ARMOR: 6 ( current -) and CC 5 ( current 6 ). 150pts.
The extras that can be added to this formation will drop the Megadon ability and just be infantry units and will become Scatter laser infantry and D-CANNON infantry / support.

- MAIDEN SPIRIT MEGADON get stat change on weapon and cost.
WEAPON Warpstone D-cannon
FIREPOWER (current 3BP, Ignore cover, Titan killer (D3+1) FxF arc),
change to: 3 BP, Ignore cover, Macro weapon, Forward fire.
Point cost: 200pts.

FIRE GALE get weapon change: Fire lance ( current 1-3 TK depending on range )will receive 1TK 30 cm range. Will also receive (15cm) small arms MW.
BRIGHT STALLION will receive a weapon change: ( current 2x stallion laser 45cm, 2xMW3+) will be dropped to: Stallion laser 45 cm, 2xMW3+. The Stallion laser EA(+1) will also be dropped. Hooves remain as (bc) EA(+1).
TOWERING DESTROYER gets a weapon change, drops: small arms , EA (+1).

- GIANT CARNOSAURUS will go back to 350pts and keep all original stats. ( Would still like it to have RA of 4, but I might be bias here?)

I have been recruiting two master players of epic for looking over changes / suggestions. And also a few discussions have come up after the played games.

- The Bright stallions " needs to be fixed" I have taken them down from original 12 MW shots to 6 at 45cm but they still seem to be OP. What to do? At 6 MW shoot at 3+ they will break or take out an entire formation.
- give them 2 MW at 30cm range? 1 MW at 45cm range and drop price down to 300 or keep price at +25pts each and add a 2x scatter laser? Give them one longer range MW? As soon as to much tampering with them occurs I feel they run the chance of being switched with out i favor of MAIDEN SWORD MEGADON.
This combination of fast moving troops and a pretty sturdy armor save makes the fast moving MW types units BRIGHT STALLIONS and GIANT CARNOSAURUS hard to deal with. I love both units.
But... for the GIANT CARNOSAURUS it might be possible to try its 4 MW shoots at 30cm range instead of current 45cm?
- Maybe the WARHOSTS shouldn't have the +1 on the engaging action test? Does it make to good? I don't believe that, but I guess Im still stuck on doing some comparisons with the other ELDARs.

Dropping war walkers and scouts its not a must and probably goes against all fluff out there. But by doing that and giving the RAPTOR RIDERS the scout / garrison ability instead makes the unit special and something you might need in your army. As it was before you would always switch them out for WRAITHSKULLS.

So far I been running the Knight BRIGHT STALLIONS in all my 3 games to figure them out ( point vs stats ).
Running the BTS in PTERADON RIDERS that teleports in round 2/3 been awesome yet little dangerous.
Last game I tried GIANT CARNOSAURUS it was awesome and will make for such a great model on the table.
Also tried DRAGON RIDERS out of the WRAITHGATE devastating on the opponent.

Thats it for now and hope somebody pitches in cause this list is what epic needs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey there.

I noticed the pdf in the first post is no longer active - is there somewhere I can download the exodite army list?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey.

Greg hasn't logged in for a year. I hope he comes back one day. Raundall has released a new 4.3 list. I don't have a copy of the 4.2 so we will rolling with his. I'll try and sticky it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah ok no worries thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Norto, how about you post a link to the new thread here and then lock this one? leaves a breadcrumb trail for those to find.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!