Login |  Register |  FAQ

Please weclome the new Kabal of Pain's Way....

Post subject: Please weclome the new Kabal of Pain's Way....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi All,

Well, I would like you to welcome JimXII as the new Sub-AC for the Kabal of Pain's Way..

He will be pushing the list along… :)

Welcome aboard mate. Look forward working with you.

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Please weclome the new Kabal of Pain's Way....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I for one welcome our new Dark Eldar Overlord.

Congrats Jim XII, hope you can lead the Dark Eldar onto great, well balanced, things!

- Kendall

https://goo.gl/images/JSKSJb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks very much Greg and Kenny.

I'm honoured to be given this role and excited about the possibikities with this list. I'm keen to make some pretty necessary changes to update the list and make it competitive while still representing Dark Eldar swift and parochial nature.

At present my priority it looking at rebalancing the points for the formations and upgrades. I will be largely looking towards the Epic UK list for theae points changes as that list has been pretty well established and tested. I will try and maintain all of the units, while also introducing the venom and ground based AA. The tormentor and executor will be reworked to make them a useful and viable option. At present i am looking at making the executor a hard as nails space marine lander, rather than a Manta.

Please let me know if you are keen to be involved in playtesting or have any list dev ideas. I am keen to make this as collaborative and inclusive as possible.

A draft list should be up within a week for discussion.
Cheers
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Jim

welcome aboard,

i will be watching with interest and,

maybe have a game or two for ya. ;D ;D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Welcome aboard. Small steps with the list please...

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers RS.
Remember TT, a small step for a dark eldar is a march move...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Grats Jimbo!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks dobbsy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Than you for introducing the Venom as a transport upgrade.

I have built 6 venom transports and hate to see them go to waste. It also gives my Wyches another form of transport option.

Another bonus, though only slightly small bonus, is you can mix in venoms with raiders to provide a more balanced mix of vehicle mounted AP and AT weaponry, both at only 30cm, but it mean the transports are not limited to just killing off tanks and relying on the troops on board to handle enemy infantry.

The list is more hit and run than they are now. I often have to get within 15cm to add your mounted Kallibite warriors weapons. The enemy may not get as many weapons being shot at them, but the Dark Eldar do not have to get into Fire Fights as much, or get stuck out in the open because they have double moved to get in range. You could double move still, but this time move - shoot and then move away behind cover.

I have been designing lists that rely more on Barges of Pleasure, Vessels of Pain, and Razerwing Fighter Bombers. The lists also have a good proportion made up of Reaver Jetbikes, and Kalabite Warriors.

Again thank you for adding Venoms.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am willing to play test any new updates PFE200. As you know from my Dark Eldar army thread, I have quite a substantially sized army. About 10,700 points based on the current list.

I am planning (later) to add 2 more Reaver jetbike squadrons, finish off my second Scourge Flight, get a second Hellion Murder, add another Kalabite Warrior Syndicate, make a half dozen more Venoms. and also get about 6 more Talos for a second Talos Swarm.

These will swell the army to around 12,000 or 13,000 points and let me mix and match the army to test various lists.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Deb,

Thank you...Me and JimXII will be appreciative of the play testing you do...

Nice size force..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PFE200 you might have seen the topic under the Other forces about Kabal of Pains Way transport options.

I do not believe the rule for Dark Eldar transports restricts you from taking upgrades that can not fit into the "plus transport" section and forces you to drop raider transports just because the upgrades would have to drives or skimmer along side the transports. Here is the link to that topic.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=24045&start=15

Could you clarify the rule, as I think it only applies to units from the formations that are originally part of it or taken as upgrades that have "plus transport" in their description. Others think that is a wrong interpretation, and believe that I would have to drop raider transports in order to upgrade Talos or Perditors to a Haemonculi Coven, in the same manner I would have to drop the raider transports in order to upgrade a Ravager to the Kabal Syndicate, and drop the raider transports in order to upgrade a Wyches Cult with a pair of Revar Jetbikes. The bikes would be reduced to the 15cm move of the Wyches.

It does not make sense. Logically the upgraded Jetbikes would be outrider for the raiders with their Wych cargo charging into battle. Please clarify this for me, and when you rewrite the Dark Eldar list make the transport rules logical and so they both make sense and still fit into the Dark Eldar style of fighting.

I use the raiders in my Haemonculi coven to get the infantry up to the middle of the board. I place the Talos and Perditors up front, triple move them, and then get the raiders in the last move accelerate past the slower units and deploy the infantry into the cover of say ruins or woods. The slow units then either sit behind cover or take the risk of a dangerous terrain test and move into cover. At this stage the Raiders have fulfilled their part, and if they survive the round they move back behind cover. Adding the raiders means more blast markers I can take before breaking. The formation is very expensive over 700 points, but they are really hard to get rid of. I think this fit well with my tactics. The Haemonculi give the enemy a focall target to pick on because it has disrupt indirect (if only short ranged) artillery, is holding an objective, and is usually the BTS. The rest of my army runs around like raiders hitting the enemy, trying to keep in cover and stealing objectives.

If you want to keep the rule as the other person has interpreted it, the remove a lot of the silly illogical upgrades like the reavers for Wych formations, ravagers for Syndicates and Coteries.

I would still like to be able to field my Perditors. perhaps make a formation that allows for 2 to 3 Perditors which can take Talos.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Deb,

I have spoken to Jim already about making transport rule clearer and about want you have raised. He will also be looking at the updates too…

The new list will be out after cancon17 at some point. ..Jim has not given me a Time frame, but image it would be to long after it…..

I’m currently waiting on PM to clarify something..

May I suggest you use the quote option, to show other people text… ...Nothing more tiring than reading a wall of text..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am unsure of how to get the Quote box of text up. I tried to get the quote button to quote the other person, but it did not work. It is harder on this site than on many others that I use. Normally I use the reply with the quote box ticked, or use the "quote" option if the website has it. That does not seem to work here, I have to work out how to put the other persons quote in a separate highlighted box, so others know which is my writing, and which is the other persons.

Until then, I will have to use " " quotation marks.

Thanks for the reply, and hopefully the matter can be resolved.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:43 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

use quote tags in your posts like in the code example below, it's literally that easy

Code:
 [quote] quoted text goes here [/quote]

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator