Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Iyanden v4.1

Post subject: Iyanden v4.1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

New version!

Previous discussion is here.

Changes:
Fire Prism cost reduced to 50pt.

Unit Reference sheets are in the Biel-Tan post.

The list is available from Armyforge at this link:

http://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choos ... nden_NETEA

Note this is not the list in the index - Adam wants to keep that the compendium list to keep things simple for newcomers.

Now's the time when we all need to buckle down and test the changes from this and the previous version. I look forward to seeing feedback and battle reports!

Attachments:
Iyanden4.1.pdf [116.88 KiB]
Downloaded 1305 times

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Iyanden v4.1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm interested in trying out this list. Could you clarify how the Living Few rule works, please? The wording is 'Special Rule: The Living Few - Iyanden Craftworld Eldar Armies may not have more individual Eldar Guardian Warhosts, Aspect Warrior, Ranger, or Windrider Troupes than they have Spirit Warrior Warhosts.'

The word individual is confusing me a bit. Does it imply that we count the listed formations as separate entities when working out the limits, or is it simply that those are the only types that are considered?

To clarify, assuming I have two Spirit Warrior Warhosts, can I have up to two Eldar Guardian Warhosts, and up to two Aspect Warrior troupes, and up to two Ranger troupes; or do I have a limit of up to two of any mix of those (e.g. One Guardian Warhost and one Aspect Warrior troupe fills the limit)?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

You may have no more of any one of the listed formations than Spirit Warrior Warhosts. So two SWWs, a Guardian Host, and two Apect Troupes would be permissible, for instance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

4K Onachus vs Iyanden report posted:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=24771

I liked the "feel" of the Spirit Warrior (both Wraithguard and Wraithlord) formations; They felt very much like avenging ghosts. Everything else in the list (apart from the usual stars in the Titan section) is distinctly lacklustre, but that is appropriate for Iyanden, too.

My opponent thought that especially the mounted Wraithguards were overpowered. Much like a Titan, there are few good counters to Wraithguards in Wave serpents or Vampires, but then again, the price is comparable. Any thoughts on useful strategies against the Iyanden? What are its intended weaknesses?

Last edited by SpeakerToMachines on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

can't speak for the NetEA list but I've come up against EUK Iyanden a few times, and are pretty similar IMO... their main weakness is cost, so they have a lower activation count, the mounted wraithguards are a good formation, the wave serpents aren't indestructible though so I'd normally target them to slow the formation down, then it's a case of keeping the other mobile elements limited if possible, I've been known to deathstrike mounted wraithguard formations and snipe wraithguard with shadowswords also...... also if you can btb the wraithguard in engagements it takes their teeth out somewhat.....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, I'm starting an Iyanden force and got a couple of questions/thoughts about the list.

1. Why is the Void Spinner missing from the Engine of Vault Troupe?
2. The special rule "the living few" is confusing for me (as a non native English speaker) Before reading about it on this forum I thought it meant 1 spirit host = 1 living unit not 1 of every living unit.

/Uven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Fluffwise, only Biel-Tan uses Void Spinners. Other craftworlds hold that its use is a perversion of its original purpose to assist in terriforming of the maiden worlds.

The wording on The Living Few can be looked at but, it is established. Grammatically the most importand word is the 'or', as opposed to 'and'. A line or two of clarification probably wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
The wording on The Living Few can be looked at but, it is established. Grammatically the most importand word is the 'or', as opposed to 'and'. A line or two of clarification probably wouldn't hurt.

Actually I don't think the 'or' makes it clear. It's perfectly possible to read it as:
"may not have more Troupes [from this selection] than Spirit Warrior Warhosts"

I don't think it's at all a problem to just change the text to make it more clear, or an example would go a long way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:19 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Ill look into clarifications.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
Fluffwise, only Biel-Tan uses Void Spinners. Other craftworlds hold that its use is a perversion of its original purpose to assist in terriforming of the maiden worlds.

Thanks for the answer, wasn't aware of the perversion ;)

Some clarification or an example would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, I now had a couple of games with my Iyanden army and think they are fun (and sometimes hard) to play.
Both the Spirit Warrior Warhost (wraithguards) and the Spirit Warrior Troupe (wraithlords) both with Reinforced armour, Fearless and 4+ save is almost invincible if you get to choose the way they fight.

I'm kind of new to NetEA so I have some rules questions.
1. Firefight with a full Spirit Warrior Warhost is 6 MW and 7 ordinary attacks right? true
2. Can you surround an Wraithgate with troupes so the Eldar can't get out? (same with the storm serpent?)
3. The +1 initiative that is granted by the Spirit Seer can be used when activated through the warp? yes
4. Not really a rules question but is there anywhere I can find a good tactical guide or similar? I kind of struggle to use the "hit and run" tactic but with the exception of some fire prisms I never get any use of it.

/uven

Edit: read the rules a little better last night

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:
Hi, I now had a couple of games with my Iyanden army and think they are fun (and sometimes hard) to play.
Both the Spirit Warrior Warhost (wraithguards) and the Spirit Warrior Troupe (wraithlords) both with Reinforced armour, Fearless and 4+ save is almost invincible if you get to choose the way they fight.

I'm kind of new to NetEA so I have some rules questions.
1. Firefight with a full Spirit Warrior Warhost is 6 MW and 7 ordinary attacks right? true
2. Can you surround an Wraithgate with troupes so the Eldar can't get out? (same with the storm serpent?)
3. The +1 initiative that is granted by the Spirit Seer can be used when activated through the warp? yes
4. Not really a rules question but is there anywhere I can find a good tactical guide or similar? I kind of struggle to use the "hit and run" tactic but with the exception of some fire prisms I never get any use of it.

/uven

Edit: read the rules a little better last night

2) Storm Serpent gates cannot be 'surrounded' because the Storm Serpent has a ZoC of its own. However an enemy scout can put it in the enemy ZoC and Wraithgates can also potentially be blocked. There is no official rule on this, but some searches in the Eldar thread will turn up lengthy discussions. If the gate is under an enemy ZoC, any formation exiting the 'gate must declare an assault on that enemy formation. In the UK we usually allow Wraithgates to be blocked, requiring existing Eldar forces to free the 'gate before it can be used.
4) Hit-n-Run comes in two forms.
- firing before or during movement (so doubling becomes move, fire, move)
- making a full consolidation after a successful assault to move into position to support another assault. In this way the formation gets to fight in several assaults, and if it is a Warlock, that can be very devastating indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the answers Ginger :)

Did a couple of searches for the gate dilemma but didn't find any conclusions other than what you just suggested = House rule. So when do you usually consider the gate blocked? (I have no problem with the situation when the gate is under ZoC, it is when there is a small team all around the gate's base that nags me ;) )

In the 4th point I was looking for a guide on how to use the hit and run tactics and with what units more than an explanation, do you know where I can find any?

A little more on topic:
How many spirit warrior warhosts do you use in an 3000p battle? (I'm usually brings 2, one mounted and the other waiting in the warp but that's because I don't own any more models)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:
How many spirit warrior warhosts do you use in an 3000p battle? (I'm usually brings 2, one mounted and the other waiting in the warp but that's because I don't own any more models)

I bring 2 as well, I don't have enough wraithguard for 3 either. However, at 3K, I don't think I'd want any more than 2, to keep my activation count up; With transports, Spirit Hosts get expensive fast.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I usually take two at 3k as well. They still take up half my points with transport.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next