Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Iyanden v4.1

Post subject: Re: Iyanden v4.1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nothing wrong with Wraithguard their huge expense and the restrictions on living units balance this army nicely.

Now what I really want to know is how are people basing their Spirit Seer in the Wraithguard unit? I've been adding 1 Seer to a stand of 3 Wraithguard (my normal stands consist of 3 Wraiths) but should it be just a single stand of Seer's?

My way I have 1 Seer looking after 18 Wraiths.

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152991

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

dubhgilla wrote:
Nothing wrong with Wraithguard their huge expense and the restrictions on living units balance this army nicely.

Now what I really want to know is how are people basing their Spirit Seer in the Wraithguard unit? I've been adding 1 Seer to a stand of 3 Wraithguard (my normal stands consist of 3 Wraiths) but should it be just a single stand of Seer's?

My way I have 1 Seer looking after 18 Wraiths.
Sounds good :)
I did like this:
Attachment:
iyanden.jpg
iyanden.jpg [ 850.16 KiB | Viewed 3349 times ]

Trying to make it look like the forgeworld Wraithseer http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4 ... HSEER.html
On the left stand I actually have a warlock but he is hiding behind the big guy and that is my Wraithseer unit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:57 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

It's a character, so I would suggest adding one or more seers to a stand of Wraithguard. As long as they are visually distinct from other units within the formation and other unit types (e.g. Farseers) the basing conventions are pretty flexible.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So what happened to development?
The compendium still has the 3.5 version 1,5 year later...
Do we need more play testing of the 15 points drop fro the fireprism in this list? (I still usually take falcons over fireprism unless I'm facing ATML)

Change or no change on initiative?
Adding new units?
New wording on the living few?

Or is this list final one so we can put it up for approval?

/Uven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I absolutely support you -Go for APPROVED.

I played with Iyanden many times last year -everyone hated the list ,everyone hated the Wraithguard, etc. I think the same will happen any time, when someone fields an Iyanden army, no matter the Wraithguards 1+/2+ etc.. :D

The list is OK. Balanced, has serious restrictions, so are there any open questions?

btw my spiritseer si a normal farseer, but my wraithseer is a converted Wraithlord.

http://patkanybirodalom.blog.hu/2013/08 ... r_-iyanden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Change the initiative to 2+ ffs!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actually, it is iIMPORTANT to have the 2014 compedium list updated -I hate, that in most of the tournaments, it is the only aavaiable army list. It's old, un-updated list. I hate to have 65p fireprism for 2 years now..

Wratihguard IS 2+ :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, then take away the +1 i that the Character brings then. It's a too damn good combination.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It is viable to them! Iyanden is a damn slow/if transported -a a damn expensive army, with few units.. So with a BM activation 3+ is still nothing.. just put wraithguard next to termies, and compare them!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mordoten wrote:
Change the initiative to 2+ ffs!
They already have 2+ initiative, it's the extra +1 from the Spiritseer you want to take away (from me) ;)

My vote is to take away the +1 if people still think that this list is overpowered. (I do not think they are overpowered with the same arguments as dubhgilla, they are expensive.)

On the other side, development:

Add a knight?

Do the restriction of a living few to work the way some of us thought from the beginning (ie one dead unit = 1 living) so we do not get alot of cheap activations

I think one big issue with this list being looked upon as too good (beside Reinforced Armour and Fearless) is the Vampire + Wraithguard combo, perhaps we should do something about that instead? Terminators take up 2 places in a transport...

Anyway some movement in any direction would be nice, or at least a word saying there will be no more development so we could do some playtesting and get this approved (and sort out if the wraithguards is too good in battlereports :))

edit: too slow... :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

pati wrote:
Actually, it is iIMPORTANT to have the 2014 compedium list updated -I hate, that in most of the tournaments, it is the only aavaiable army list. It's old, un-updated list. I hate to have 65p fireprism for 2 years now..
+1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I playtested a lot, even in tournaments. I think the +1 for the spirithseer is absolutely must be included!
A vampire+WG combo is also nice, but remember, the Vampire is the weakest WE aircraft in the game! I lost once against a Baran army (4x3 cheap AA formations), just because it was RA 5+, not like 4+ as a Thawk.. For the same point costs

So a Wraithguard formation HAS to be transported (+300/+200p), and it's your core unit. You need at least 2 of it, so you are 1000+ with only two units. And I don't mention the living few, and the few options/upgrades for the unit :D

So keep the +1, Wraithguard needs it :)

I'm against the Wraithknight also -It's GW's newest stuff, to sell new, expensive miniatures to children. We should keep the fluff of the army, not to follow 40k every time..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mordoten wrote:
Well, then take away the +1 i that the Character brings then. It's a too damn good combination.

Yeah it should definetly go. I think it was discussed in length in this/another thread. Wasn't it an oversight/typo that they had got it from the beginning. I think it was intentended for the to be intiative 3+ and 2+ with the bonus from wraithsight.

Or am I remembering this wrong?

Anyways letting them have 1+ and be better than regular eldar is totaly against fluff. All the wraith constructs are supposed to be slow and have a hard time getting by when brought back to life. They need the guidance to function normaly. Not become elite units.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Borka wrote:
mordoten wrote:

Yeah it should definetly go. I think it was discussed in length in this/another thread. Wasn't it an oversight/typo that they had got it from the beginning. I think it was intentended for the to be intiative 3+ and 2+ with the bonus from wraithsight.

Or am I remembering this wrong?

Anyways letting them have 1+ and be better than regular eldar is totaly against fluff. All the wraith constructs are supposed to be slow and have a hard time getting by when brought back to life. They need the guidance to function normaly. Not become elite units.
Well Spectral Ghost thought the Wraithguards had Initiative 3+ (but they do not, they might have had that in 2005 but not the last 5 years or so.) Then when he realized this I got the impression that the Initiative would change to 3+ but that was in August last year...
Things move really slow and now it will take another year or so before the list will be updated in the compendium... :(

With no big change in 2-3 years perhaps we should go for approval and have a focus on the +1 that the character gives and see what the playtesting will tell?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, the easiest would be to just remove the +1 wraith/spiritseer gives them. I think thats the only chsnge thats needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next