Post subject: Alaitoc v3.1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:10 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

New version!

Previous discussion is here.

Changes:
Fire Prism cost reduced to 50pt.

Unit Reference sheets are in the Biel-Tan post.

The list is available from Armyforge at this link:

http://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choos ... itoc_NETEA

Note this is not the list in the index - Adam wants to keep that the compendium list to keep things simple for newcomers.

Now's the time when we all need to buckle down and test the changes from this and the previous version. I look forward to seeing feedback and battle reports!

Attachments:
AlaitocList3.1.pdf [116.38 KiB]
Downloaded 1855 times

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Alaitoc v3.1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have adopted this list as my entry into Epic Eldar, as I played Alaitoc in 40k many many years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Did anyone played with this list in the last few years? It's an approved list, but I never heard anyone playing with it :)

In a coming tournament, i have to chose an approved eldar list to play with, and i need some help, someone who can share experiences about Alaitoc eldar!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

pati wrote:
Did anyone played with this list in the last few years? It's an approved list, but I never heard anyone playing with it :)

In a coming tournament, i have to chose an approved eldar list to play with, and i need some help, someone who can share experiences about Alaitoc eldar!
Sorry for hunting you down in this thread also but the 3.1 is not approved what I know of. All approved Eldar lists was made by the former champion in 2011, 3.1 is "proposed changes" to the approved list or something similar...(correct me if I am wrong)
On the other hand I usually play "this" list instead of Biel Tan when I need to have an approved Eldar armylist. Mostly because I don't have enough aspect warriors and I really like the Warwalkers, other than that I find them very hard to play with as they seems to be weaker than Biel Tan and I have a hard time making an scout heavy army play the Eldar rolling assault way any good. I usually only ends up with a guardian heavy list with 1 or 2 scout units...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I never tried it, but I also dislike Biel-Tan.. it's like a mainstream eldar list -but i need some more challenge :D
I really want to try out a mixed scout-war walker + Pathfinder combo army, with a LOT of activation:) seem to me a static list, without any real punch.. I can't imagine what to do against an AMTL list in case of a light atmy like I mentioned before :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Agree :)
I take scouts to protect other stuff or to block enemy units. And with "nothing" to protect I do not really know what to do so my Alaitoc is usually one or two Ranger formation instead of some Guardians and the rest is "ordinary" Eldar
Pathfinders is very expensive, 200 p for 4 units... I would rather take 6 Swooping Hawks for 225 p...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Huah, still a quite dead topic.. There's a coming minigeddon tournament here, and i'm thinking about some blue coated guys to win it for me :)

I have only 2 questions.
1, why the hell are the pathfinders are sooooo expensive :D
2, the 8x rangers are 200p. Then i can swap 4 for 4 falcons, +200p. Usually the falcons are 200p alone, so not see the point why they are 300p (with the drop of the 4 rangers, 25p/each) in this case. If you think about garrison/owerwatch, it's still overpriced.

It's all late for the tourney, just asking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

After a few test games:
-pathfinders are more balanced to 175p. They are still 4 rangers, with a teleport ability. Swooping hawks are 225p for 6 units, without ranged weapons -but good for engage/support fire.
-400p for 4 rangers and 4 falcons are way to much. Maybe around 350p, more realistic.
-anyone tried rangers/ww mixed formations? Just curious about their effectiveness.
-what about including hornets in the list? :) since they are a brand new unit type, playtested in other threads, they are light enough to take part in scouting missions.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PS i know it's a dead topic, but i can't find any newer one..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

pati wrote:
PS i know it's a dead topic, but i can't find any newer one..

Hi Pati

The following is from PFE100 (Greg) ......

Hi Pati,
Hope all is well on your side of the fence mate….Yes I’ve been watching, still can’t login still, but I’ve been watching….Sorry for the slow reply

Answer to question one: Sorry can’t answer that one and I do agree they are expensive , but can say they will be 225 points for 6 stands in the revised 4.2 version of the list..

Answer to question two: Yeah I tend to agree with you pati and I always thought they use something smaller..:-). Anyways in the revised version I’m testing at the moment. The rangers are just 8 stand no upgrades and I have addeda War Walker Warhost 8 walker, no upgrades. It still early days and things might change yet about formation not having upgrades..

Any ways thanks for dropping by..
Cheers
Greg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks guys! :)

I like the idea if 6/225 -and the rangers with warwalkers mixed is interesting, so please keep them. 8 ww might be too much, the normal eldar formation at 4/150 is fine, as you can upgrade it now. Btw Alaitoc lost the common eldar activation boost (cheap rangers) so another reason to keep the ww's cheap..

My only concern (besides pf-but in 4.2, it'll be solved) isthe rangers +falcons price.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

4 rangers and 4 falcons should really be less than 300 if you compare to the costs of the units in their individual formations and factor in the loss of an activation. However if 4 falcons can garrison...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's why i suggest 300+50p ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

pati wrote:
That's why i suggest 300+50p ;)

Signed. ;)

Did anybody ever think of making Pathfinders 1+ Initiative? Think this would represent their elite status quite well and compensate for those BM taken from 'teleporting' them in. Personally I'd like them to operate in small(er) formations.

War Walker Host: I like the idea, not least because swapping 4 Ranger for 3 WW seems to make the Ranger host so much more fragile. A Host of 6 War Walkers for 200pts would fit well, maybee with the option of adding up to two furhter WW for +25 pts each.

Cheers!

Fenvarien