Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Craftworld Mymeara (Eldar Tank List)

Post subject: Re: Craftworld Mymeara (Eldar Tank List)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How did you get on with those changes?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So is this the tank list that will be pushing forward as the main focus for an Eldar armoured list?
As this is a list i am very interested in getting developed and pushed through some testing, which i am more than happy to do.

Tim_nz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So i have played a few games with this list, and these are a few early observations.

- why can't the warphunters have the firestorm upgrade choice.
- There should be a super heavy warhost selection.
- Having the Hornets as a upgrade choice to the winder riders just doesn't feel right, i think there needs to be just 2 single selections for bikes and Hornets.
- Que the prisim debate here, but the free +2 prisim variant upgrade, or the 250 prisim formation with UK stats added.
- Being a tank themed list, I feel the void spinner should be a option in this list, my view is that although i get the fluff for the biel tann having it, I can't see there a reason for a craft world that uses the tank theme to not have a supporting tank.
- Was it intentional to have a very small farsight option in the list?

Cheers

Tim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't see any reason why the void spinner should be included, when it is not included in the other lists and is clearly supposed to be a biel tan specific weapon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PFE100 wrote:
Hmm, when checking the sword wind sup, get the following from the Voild spinner section...

The Void Spinner is a sinister, barely known Engine of Vaul, unique to Biel-Tan and a handful of other craftworlds which follow the ideal of warrior supremacy.

So it mainly a biel tan unit, but there is flexible to included it in another list.

+1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PFE100 wrote:
2)Sorry I don’t see that happening; since it basically ends up begin the Yme-Loc Craftworld, which is not want the l

to be honest the whole point of having 2 tank based lists seems pointless to me, and as the list stands currently, the war host selection is poor and needs something added to it.
Also is it a 1:2 war host to support choice ?

I also agree with you about the jetbikes, they don't need to be in the list, the hornet fills that role just as well if not better in theme than the bikes. It makes sense they would be the garrison unit / scout formation for the arm over a bike.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, a piss-poor but somewhat reasonable analogy would be the the Minervan and Ulani tanks legion lists. The former focuses on rare and super heavy tanks; The latter on a more typical armor centric force of standard tanks. There's room for both here I suspect.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PFE100 wrote:
Hmm, when checking the sword wind sup, get the following from the Voild spinner section...

The Void Spinner is a sinister, barely known Engine of Vaul, unique to Biel-Tan and a handful of other craftworlds which follow the ideal of warrior supremacy.

So it mainly a biel tan unit, but there is flexible to included it in another list...Sorry, now I will just duck under my PC desk to avoid the return fire... ;D ;D ;D

OK, so is the Mymaera craftworld amongst that handful of other craftworlds that "follow the ideal of warrior supremacy"? It seems quite far-fetched when the list only has aspect warriors as troupes and even then, only five of the nine types. That's the point of Biel-Tan isn't it? That the warrior path is more important and they are aspect warriors before anything else.

Edited to add: I'm not normally the one to care so much about fluff, but nor do I like to see a unique unit in a list taken on by other lists just because it's a tank. I think you should have to show that it is really necessary, rather than just it fills a role.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next