Login |  Register |  FAQ

Exodite Maiden World Armylist

Post subject: Re: Exodite Maiden World Armylist
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Doh! Just getting used to using tapptalk on my mobile - didn't see the first 30 odd posts on this topic inc the PDF ! Doc looks great (and very nicely presented) I'll take a read and let you know what I think. Only wish I lived closer so we could try it out.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, up for that. When is the summer sizzler? Can't find it using taptalk ! :) is it an epicuk or independent ? You can't make it to Exeter then?

Ps. Scanned stats are for 3rd ed (black sheep edition)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Had a look through the list - really nice work !

Difficult to assess balance without seeing it on the table but looks quite a good mix of pluses and negatives. Initially i was confused about the inclusion of "creature tamer" units, though see they are in place of the hard hitting aspects. That said they do look like they might still be at a disadvantage compared to BT Eldar without the ability to use wave serpents/storm serpents/vampires etc... as a delivery method. Do you find the list struggles to hit hard like the craftworlders ?

Likewise , do the warriors without both the avitar and the wraithguard struggle... What about that great Avatar proxy you have? Perhaps a world spirit which the farseers can summon... perhaps they also have lesser spirits which they can also summon in a similar way to the greater/lesser daemons from the chaps lists...? Might be able to cut out or reduce the creature herders ?

With the megadon rule and without skimmer/speed you might also find the already fragile "falcon/megadon" formations might be very soft - perhaps an increase in numbers or up armour them to 4+ ? All that said we do find BT Eldar a little over powered compared to other armies anyway...

I like the defensive / scout based army style. Wondered if you could go all the way and include fortifications and razorwire/tangleweed...? That would be unique for an eldar list !

Not sure about the inclusion of the space ships. I guess this is to represent outside air support from the craftworlds along with the phoenix and nightwings ? My impression was that the exodites had marooned themselves on the uninhabited maiden worlds when they escaped from the fall, now using only the webway for interplanetary travel (and even then they had destroyed the links back to the craftworlds and dark eldar...??) To be honest it seems a shame to water the list down with an automatic ally. Definitely should be able to be used as an allied list with craftworld (and maybe even DE?) but i always saw the exodites as fiercely independent "Amish" types - shunning the decadent cousins who they blamed for the fall...? Surely they can find their own Pterodactyl air support and expunge the dirty wraithbone entirely...? :)

Coming to wraithbone - as i understand it they no longer have the wraithbone tech of their cousins in space and are also unable to craft wraithbone as they don't have a wraith core ? (ditto the DE.) This makes the warwalkers and knights difficult to reconcile - i guess they must be ancient relics brought from the Craftworlds... As such the small numbers of knights seem justified, perhaps the WWs should also be very small in number - maybe as a warrior upgrade...

Wow this post got long ! Anyway, I'd love to give it a try some time - com'on, Taunton is only down the road ! See you at Entrenchment (though bang goes any chance of best painted for us mere mortals) ;)

Blip/Chris

Post subject: Exodite Maiden World Armylist
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow, i didn't half waffle on didn't i ?! In the words of Churchill - "i didn't have time to write less !!" All stream of conciousness - hope it was helpful.

One thing did occur today as i was mulling it over. It partly it comes from the fact that with the brontosaurs and (i agree) knights being so iconic to the exodite style the support section is looking a bit crowded. The harlequins are an excellent addition thematically, but maybe a whole formation seems too great in number to reflect the fluff. I suspect with many other cc based infantry in the list in the core slots they would "fight" ;) to be included as (i suspect) a list would need to include the heavy hitting war engines. Perhaps they could be added to the warriors as elite cc upgrades (to substitute for the loss of wrathguard) or even character upgrades (like exachs.) ??

Anyway, look forward to the next revision.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Has there been any movement on this list guys?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Where did the Army list go?

Is this one also hit by the User/database error?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think I downloaded it - I have a version 0.1, at least. Is this it?

Attachments:
Exodite Maiden World List v0.1.pdf [439.25 KiB]
Downloaded 215 times

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

These jurassic elves are stragely appealing. Givet the effort involved in scratching these, I cannot see my self playing with, or against, but this was a fun read (whichever version is Actually the most recent)

However... Reading through the list there is certainly merit to the client earlier about allies. For flyers, why? The only comparable list, feral orks, use a semi-fluffy weirdboy-on-fungus as a liberally sprinkled AA instead. As far as spaceships go, are they really necessary? They are a drag on the purported fluf. And the knights? Nothing speaks back-to-nature as much as gigantic armed robots. How did they come up with that originally? We have these eldar, but they are backwards. Like medieval. And what did we have in European darkages? Kniggots! And what type of kniggots do we have in 40K?? BIG kniggots. With guns.

None of these seem to help preferred gameplay either.

An idea, that might be a bit radical: seeing as terrain is in the pregame, and tourneys are generally played with limited variety of terrain, could they have an addition to the jungle rule that they can always change up to x number of pieces for woods?

All very subjective, of course, and I hope I did not derail.anything.