Login |  Register |  FAQ

Which stat line do you believe the Supremacy Suit should have for the Pulse Ordinance Multi Driver?
Poll ended at Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:46 am
60cm, 3BP, Indirect Fire, not effected by marker light 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
45cm, 4x AP4+/AT5+, Indirect Fire, Disrupt, may benefit from marker light 61%  61%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 18

Supremacy Suit Pulse Ordinance Multi Driver options

Post subject: Re: Supremacy Suit Pulse Ordinance Multi Driver options
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

lord-bruno wrote:
Voted for Guided version, no BP. It seems very cool and very Tau: marking the target for the attack to come.

But I would remove Indirect Fire and add Guided Missiles. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense in a Tau list.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think we'll add Guided Missile to the Pulse Ordinance Multi Driver. The Nexus Missile array already offers a GM attack for the Supremacy Suit at 90cm for 3x5+MW. While you would be swapping the MW for an extra attack, having two weapon loadouts that rely on GM isn't diversifying the options enough. Not to mention that I don't feel that "guided missile" really describes how the POMD functions or its weapon type.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Supremacy Suit Pulse Ordinance Multi Driver options
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Personally my reading of the fluff suports the BP idea most closely, but game play trumps the fluff imho, and its for that reasson I think the alturnative would be very/too powerful.

Having faced Resa F’s tau a fair bit over the last couple of years, the tau seem to strongly need to break scout screens early to allow their short range guns in range and place MLs as a force multiplier. I have to confess it already grates a little that guided missiles can snipe out AVs which are both out of range and LoS of the ML unit (especially bad news for land speeders), but to have this extended to a long range artillery unit potentialy pin pointing a whole infantry scout unit when both hidden and dispersed seems a little OP to me.

Having faced the Supremacy with BP once now it seems pretty fair and adds a new tool to the tau play style, but I don't see one artillery unit changes the whole character of the army. I can see the argument to reduce its range to sub-45cm to avoid providing an almost impossible to counter alpha-strike into the deployment zone though.

Over all i really liked the Vior’la list - feels like a proper EPIC tau army to me. Just makes me wish i’d got some of the big suits when available!

Profile Send private message