Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next

Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.9

Post subject: Re: Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.8a
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:14 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I brought the Vior'la list to Fall In last month. Better late than never for getting these bat reps up.

Tournament was 2500 pts. Here's my list:

Fire Warrior Cadre w/ Devilfish
Fire warrior Cadre w/ Devilfish
XV 104 Riptides
Recon: 3 tetras + 2 piranha
Recon: 3 tetras + 2 piranha
Railheads + skyray
Railheads + skyray
Fusionhead + 2 Fusionhead + skyray (BTS)
Crisis suits + Shas'o

Game 1 v Steel Legion

Leman Russ Formation + 3 LR Demos
Basilisk Battery
Valkyries + Stormtroopers
Mechanized Infantry Company
Baneblade
Warhound
Sentinels

This was played on a crowded map with lots of building cover. I was most concerned with the damage that the KR could put out. Additionally, the Titan could easy break the Railheads if given a chance.

The basilisks continually targeted my BTS, but were unable to out enough damage out to kill them off. The crisis suits were able to move in close and clean up the BB. The Railheads and Riptides quickly killed off the Warhound and were able to nearly wipe out the KR formation, but the Railheads were nearly wiped out in exchange. Over all good fight with the Tau being able to push the Steel Legion back onto their own edge.

Game 3-0. DTF, T&H, TSNP

Game 2 v Emperor's Children

Retinue
Retinue
Retinue
Terminators
Noise Marines
Predators
Thunderhawk
Thunderhawk
Hell Talons

The main concern in this fight was avoiding ending up on the wrong side of an air assault. The Railheads picked off the predators and the Riptides broke the noise marines early on. The skyrays did a great job at suppressing the air units. Only one made it to board that turn. By the end of the game, only one Thawk was still flying, although the other Thawk suffered a wound while landed.

The key moment of the game was the end of turn 2 where the the Tau used their activation advantage to encircle and destroy a Retinue, and use the positioning to have pull a Coordinated Fire against the EC's BTS with the Crisis Suits, Fusionheads, and a Fire Warrior formation to wipe the BTS out. It was the second game where the Riptides were basically ignored in exchange for the Hammerhead formations despite their damage out put.

Game 3-0. DTF, BTS, TSNP

Game 3: Space Marines

Tactical w Hunter
Tactical w Dread
Bike formation
Devastators
Scouts
Terminators
Thunderhawk
Tbolts
Tbolts

Game 3 was against Dave's vanilla marines. He's great at setting up supporting fire and crossfires with this army. I was hoping to castle up and force him to weather the fire.

Unfortunately, in hindsight, I set up incorrectly. I tried to castle up in the mid with better lines of sight, but I had to speak the first turn shifting to the right corner once I saw Dave planned to capitalize on cover to crash my flank. The shift opened up opportunities to start picking off formations and removing my AA.

Unfortunately, the broken railheads failed to rally at the end of turn 2 and I never really got back into the game from there.

Game 0-3, Blitz, T&H, BTS.

Overall Impressions
- Riptides are nice, especially when shooting at markerlite formations. They are very pricey though, and I'm not sure I'd want more than one formation in a list.
- Tetras over piranhas. Without the GM, I'd rather have a full formation of markerlighting, Coordinated Fire calling, skimmers.
- Coordinated Fire: strong ability the one time I used it. Most of the time, it's tough to give up the activations it eats up.
- I like the feel of this list over the 3rd Sphere over all. While there are similarities, this one does feel a little more aggressive which is nice. And it can back that feeling up with the necessary fire power as well.

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

so i had a game tonight

skyrays are 5+FF but in viorla 6+ FF

????? is this right

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Norto wrote:
so i had a game tonight

skyrays are 5+FF but in viorla 6+ FF

????? is this right

No all similar units are suppost to be identical to my knowledge.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:20 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

just a couple of things ive come accross to look at in the next update.

shaso upgrade is 75 points to upgrade a shasel to a shaso but to add a shaso to firewarriors theres no shasel to ugrade. just to confirm its 75 points to add him to firewarriors.

also just the skyray FF stats.

thanks dude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:02 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

This may have been previously addressed but I was just wondering if the Manta in this list is supposed to have Self-Planetfall since it was removed from the Manta in the Approved Tau list a while ago. Thinking of building a Tau list and wondering if I should invest in the Manta or not. The self-planet fall does make the Manta significantly better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh wow when did that happen? Yeah that was the mantas entire schtick. It shouldn't be here if the 3rd phase list has dropped it too (consistency and all that) unless this one gets a name tweak.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I didn't notice that it was gone from the 3rd Phase list as well, could it be a but in the list?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey guys (o:
The Shas'o upgrade reads 'Replace a Shas'el Commander with a Shas'o Commander Character'. The Fire Warrior formation has this upgrade option, but no Shas'el.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Parintachin wrote:
Hey guys (o:
The Shas'o upgrade reads 'Replace a Shas'el Commander with a Shas'o Commander Character'. The Fire Warrior formation has this upgrade option, but no Shas'el.

I think its a mistake that the "Shas'o" upgrade is noted under the FireWarriors, it should only be under the Crisis Suits.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That would be a shame; one of the main points of the list, at least to me, is that you can place your Shas'o someplace a little more resilient than a battle suit ..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:02 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

im pretty sure its allowed in the fire warriors. pretty hard to put the upgrade in as a mistake. its just the upgrade costs. just on traitor legion army builder its 100 points to add him but in the reference page says to upgrade one shasel. im pretty sure his always been allowed as an upgrade to the firewarriors in viorla.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:10 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

jimmyzimms wrote:
Oh wow when did that happen? Yeah that was the mantas entire schtick. It shouldn't be here if the 3rd phase list has dropped it too (consistency and all that) unless this one gets a name tweak.

It appears to have disappeared between version 4 and version 5. About 7 years ago.... hoping Matt and or Yme can weigh in. I'd like to play test this list but hoping they can verify if it is supposed to be included or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Game report here vs OGBM:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=32032

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

atension wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:

It appears to have disappeared between version 4 and version 5. About 7 years ago.... hoping Matt and or Yme can weigh in. I'd like to play test this list but hoping they can verify if it is supposed to be included or not.

teach me to only pay attention to the list in IA vol 3 edition 1! (also no one around me was rich enough for collecting tau) ;)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

atension wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:

The Manta follows the normal planetfall rules, so if you want it to use planetfall you will also need to purchase a spaceship.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next