Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next

Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.9

Post subject: Re: Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.8
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the feedback.

Dobbsy wrote:
Matt, note these are all theory questions from initial reading.
Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
Destroyer Missile: 90cm MW 3+ (TK D1), One Shot

Matt, is that supposed to be a TK d3 or TK1? TK1 Seems a bit underwhelming when you can't fire anything else. If it's meant to kill titans TK1 x2 for the formation once doesn't really seem it would do the job. Wouldn't TK2 per suit be better with a price increase?

Are you sort of comparing the cost vs effect against a Shadowsword to get the 250 points for the formation? Better survivability versus naffer weapon system, for example?

It's likely to be changed slightly soon to make it more intuitive. While the goal is something not quite as good as a Shadowsword, or as good but more expensive (this speeds up opponent-approval 8)), the unit could be tuned to be easier to use.

Quote:
Isn't the Guided Missile rule enough to describe this with a data note saying "may fire only this" etc?

Not quite, because the second part of the Guided Missile rule also gives the ability to fire without LOF. ('may only be fired at a target formation that is marked, but Guided Missiles may be fired without LOF if the target is marked'). The intention is for this weapon to require line of fire.

KV129 Ta'unar Supremacy on the other hand will be Indirect in the next update, the missing 'ID' was just a typo. I hope to have a model for it completed soon too, but got a little sidetracked by some new Riptides :D

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Vior'la Tau - Developmental V1.8a
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have just uploaded version 1.8a. This is a very minor update that replaces the 1.8 posted on May 21st 2016.

This is primarily a house-keeping update and includes the various edits people have requested (Manta special rules, KV128 Stormsurge and KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy tau codes corrected etc), but does have one stat change: The KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy 'Pulse Ordnance Multi-driver' weapon reduced from 75cm to 60cm.

The rest of the changes are all to the presentation. I've tried to make the list as easy to use as possible by reorganising the Stats page into 5 clear sections with larger title text. Tau players will understand why --- just a single fully-loaded orca attack can involve firing Twin Burst Cannons, Twin Missile Pods, Twin Plasma Rifles, Twin Fusion Blasters, Twin Pulse Carbines and a Commander's Plasma Rifle.

Might as well make those numbers as easy to find as possible :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not sure if covered already but can this list be found in any army builder?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Draccan wrote:
Not sure if covered already but can this list be found in any army builder?

Not the current one. A previous version can be found on adams app armyforge http://traitor-legion.appspot.com/indexNETEA.html

I could probably make an updated file for armyforge, but not until next weekend though. Or perhaps you've done the file already Matt?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Clarification for the XV104 Riptide Formation. Is the Shas'el in one of the XV104s. or a separate unit? I think the answer is A, but just wanted some clarification.

Finally getting around to collecting some Tau and procuring some XV104 proxies from Onslaught minis which come in a pack of three (Kaiju Mega Rigs), just making sure im getting enough etc.

Thanks guys, im a bit of a noob even though I got into epic at the release of Armageddon, had kids, long hiatus etc, get confused with rules, forgot pants, you get the idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A is the correct answer. Shas'el is an upgrade, if you check it doesn't have a full statline by itself.
I'm more or less in the same place where you are, with kids and stuff, but i can give you one advice that will make your life so much easier.
There is no rule forcing you to have pants on during a game. So forgetting them is no problem ;-).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Shoel wrote:
A is the correct answer. Shas'el is an upgrade, if you check it doesn't have a full statline by itself.
I'm more or less in the same place where you are, with kids and stuff, but i can give you one advice that will make your life so much easier.
There is no rule forcing you to have pants on during a game. So forgetting them is no problem ;-).

Yep, thought so, like a Chaplain or Captain for Marines, immersed in the unit.

You may have saved my some serious time on unnecessary social graces. My to do checklist now has one less item on it. Thanks! any thoughts on deodorant or brushing teeth, I definitely forget that regularly :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

no ghostkeels on the current list? I thought I saw them in an earlier list I downloaded.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't think any stats have been proposed for them - I'd be interested in that too...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah I was pretty sure I saw them on one list, I think they were in squads of 6 but Im quite certain no stats were listed. Also they weren't in the roster. I really hope we get them on there again, I wonder what they would have for stats? Any creative minds out there interested in feeding my curiosity?

What I think they would be is

Class: LV
Armor 4+
CC 6
FF 5

Cyclic Ion Raker 20cm AP5 Disrupt x2
Fusion Collider 15cm MW Lance

Special rules
Stealth, infiltrate, scouts, invul save, jump packs, first strike

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
I have just uploaded version 1.8a. This is a very minor update that replaces the 1.8 posted on May 21st 2016.

This is primarily a house-keeping update and includes the various edits people have requested (Manta special rules, KV128 Stormsurge and KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy tau codes corrected etc), but does have one stat change: The KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy 'Pulse Ordnance Multi-driver' weapon reduced from 75cm to 60cm.

The rest of the changes are all to the presentation. I've tried to make the list as easy to use as possible by reorganising the Stats page into 5 clear sections with larger title text. Tau players will understand why --- just a single fully-loaded orca attack can involve firing Twin Burst Cannons, Twin Missile Pods, Twin Plasma Rifles, Twin Fusion Blasters, Twin Pulse Carbines and a Commander's Plasma Rifle.

Might as well make those numbers as easy to find as possible :D

Does the updated lists manta have no DC? I know past versions made it similar to other armys Titan. It could also transport. Are they still capable of this? I think I read somewhere it was just missed on the sheet but theyre still supposed to be like they used to be, is that true?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was wondering the same thing. I think I saw earlier in the thread it was the same special rules as 1.5 did, but I'm not really sure. I'd just go with that until we get confirmation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes the manta should have DC. A couple stats seem to have gone missing when it was converted to PDF, so I will upload an update soon.

Regarding Ghostkeels, yes they could be added. I've not leaped to do so because the list is sort of stabilising and getting playtested, but if there was a clear easy acceptable way to include them it could be done.
'Special rules Stealth, infiltrate, scouts, invul save, jump packs, first strike' looks great but might be the most Special rules I've seen on a unit. Record breaking units don't speed up list approval :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
Yes the manta should have DC. A couple stats seem to have gone missing when it was converted to PDF, so I will upload an update soon.

Regarding Ghostkeels, yes they could be added. I've not leaped to do so because the list is sort of stabilising and getting playtested, but if there was a clear easy acceptable way to include them it could be done.
'Special rules Stealth, infiltrate, scouts, invul save, jump packs, first strike' looks great but might be the most Special rules I've seen on a unit. Record breaking units don't speed up list approval :D

Yeah, I can see your point. It does have the same amount of special rules than the current X15s do. I think it's battlefield role would be a heavier teleporting unit, but that in its own might be unbalanced. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Like, stealth suits but better, or something else?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33  Next