Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Tau Vior'la v2.0

Post subject: Re: Tau Vior'la v2.0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Am I missing something? Is there a newer release than 2.4?
As it appears on the 2.4 stat sheet, Riptides have 3+ armour, no reinforced, and 5+ invul with tau deflector shields.

R'Varnas have 4+ armour with reinforced, and a 6+invul.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Maybe I had the wrong sheet. It is with me in the office. I’ll check tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

2.4 got those stat lines updated, the saves got hit with a nerf. The battle suits are more inline with the kinght houses now(power wise).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Mattie - I think you guys may have used an outdated list. Agree with you both, the heavy suits were way too beefy with the old stats.

I have a v2.5 coming soon; I need to give it a final read and edit. Its mostly streamlining, with the biggest change being dropping the tetras and piranhas. That was the original build, and in review, I think it helps keep the list separate from 3rd sphere.

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice. I will try to give it a go.

I never took the recon with this version. I found the path finders a better deal.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi there, was going to try a game with the Manta tomorrow and noticed it doesn't have skimmer on the stat sheet. Is that an oversight?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

check the support craft ruling, it should have the skimmer note in there

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kingzog wrote:
check the support craft ruling, it should have the skimmer note in there

Oh yeah, totally forgot that thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've now used the Manta for the first time, was pretty impressed. I have to figure out how to make one for real. Two things I would like clarified.
1) if troops with tau jet pack disembark from Manta at end of a move to shoot with Manta can they reembark using jet packs?

2) does the limitation of 4 armoured vehicles also encompass war engines? For example can I take 4 devilfish and then also take 4 riptides?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:08 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Imacie wrote:
I've now used the Manta for the first time, was pretty impressed. I have to figure out how to make one for real. Two things I would like clarified.
1) if troops with tau jet pack disembark from Manta at end of a move to shoot with Manta can they reembark using jet packs?

Rule 1.7.5: Transport vehicles can pick up and carry units as part of the transport vehicle’s move. The vehicle simply moves into base contact with the unit to be picked up, and then carries on with its move as normal. Note that the transported unit is not allowed to move themselves during the move when they are picked up.

The pick up occurs on the vehicles movement phase, not the transported units movement, so they cannot reembark.

Imacie wrote:
2) does the limitation of 4 armoured vehicles also encompass war engines? For example can I take 4 devilfish and then also take 4 riptides?

No, the idea from the fluff is that the entire cargo hold, lower and infantry levels, are converted to allow heavy suits. I'll change the wording in the unit notes to make that more clear. Thanks!

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

gunslinger007 wrote:
Mattie - I think you guys may have used an outdated list. Agree with you both, the heavy suits were way too beefy with the old stats.

I have a v2.5 coming soon; I need to give it a final read and edit. Its mostly streamlining, with the biggest change being dropping the tetras and piranhas. That was the original build, and in review, I think it helps keep the list separate from 3rd sphere.

Looking forward to the new version, I'm hoping to try this out and build a force for it for an upcoming tournament! Any word on 2.5?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm also really curious about why the Tau Barracuda from the 3rd Sphere / official Tau list wasn't used? The Razorshark / Sunshark are cool models, but quite hard to find so far in Epic scale, and it would be really handy to have crossover with some models in the other lists. They seem to have similar stat lines, but I'm pretty new to Epic in general.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

XcaliburNick wrote:
I'm also really curious about why the Tau Barracuda from the 3rd Sphere / official Tau list wasn't used? The Razorshark / Sunshark are cool models, but quite hard to find so far in Epic scale, and it would be really handy to have crossover with some models in the other lists. They seem to have similar stat lines, but I'm pretty new to Epic in general.

Gunslinger has done nice work in keeping the lists distinct for gameplay reasons, and I think that's probably true with the air forces as well. The razorsharks are marginally worse, so if I had to propose a mechanical reason it's that Vior'la is much more focused on ground-pounding shock troops while Third-Sphere follows the traditional Tau 'pin them with long-range ground troops while the air force melts them' philosophy. Just my two cents from playtesting :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Makes sense, I forget that the NetEA goals seem to be this distinctive lists without as much crossover. It's not something I'm used to, as a player I prefer to be able to re-use models as much as possible and get used to more standard values between lists. I'll adapt :)

Warp Rider wrote:
XcaliburNick wrote:

Gunslinger has done nice work in keeping the lists distinct for gameplay reasons, and I think that's probably true with the air forces as well. The razorsharks are marginally worse, so if I had to propose a mechanical reason it's that Vior'la is much more focused on ground-pounding shock troops while Third-Sphere follows the traditional Tau 'pin them with long-range ground troops while the air force melts them' philosophy. Just my two cents from playtesting :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was looking around at recent version of the Vior'la list, and it's a small point but all of the recent versions all say "2.2" at the very top. Looking forward to 2.5, although it looks like I'll have to use 2.4 for a tournament coming up locally. Will report back any test games I happen to get in before the event.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next