Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Skitarii 2.05 (Approved Candidate version)

Post subject: Re: Skitarii 2.05 (Approved Candidate version)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I see, that seemes reasonable. However the problem I have with the current list is that. I have no idea how some of these miniatures should look like, especially the minor dominatus, forge knight and such. Do you have any reference material?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:15 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Do you mean the Minorus? These can be just about anything that's approximately the size of a Gorgon or the FW ordinatus that just came out. They really are custom built chassis so make them whatever you like. :)

For the Forge Knight, just use Knight Paladins. The forge Knights could be some other things too but that's what I use.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, minorus. Ok, thanks, it's more strict.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:11 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

There's plenty of examples out there of what folks use for the minorus. I scratch built the ones that are shown in the PDF, but here's a list of alternative models you could look into for them: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24141

The Forge Knights are a fan unit that are basically a proxy for a Knight. There's been some cool conversions and builds for them over the years. Glynn Did a nice one that's being used in the PDF.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah it's pretty important to realize that the AdMech faction is probably next to orks, the most varied customized force in the 40k fluff. Everything is potentially a custom construction, from the most basic trooper to the largest God-Machines based on where they were built, by what magos, following whatever esoteric cult doctrinal alignment they ascribe to. There's basically no way to hold it wrong in your collection.

For me I really want something closer to the crazy blanchean body and tech horror mixed with a dump load of Lynch ghedi prime dystopia mixed with the machine army from The Second Renaissance. I don't really know how I am going to accomplish that personally (why I've held off so far). I at the same time can see someone else feeling very different slapping a bunch of gorgons and dudes in robes on the table as well and can get that too.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you want to compare war engines to more established ones, you could look at the DC points for a rough estimate. Granted, it wont be exact, but it may be comparable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Loving this list, although I'm a long way from actually raising the figures!

I think there's an oversight in the Skitarii upgrades, where Transportation of ""Enough Chimedons to carry the entire formation" is a fixed cost of 200pts. With the various build options that could be either 5 or 10 Chimedons as they can't take Rapiers (and I assume they also can't carry Gun Servitors, not just Praetorian Gun Servitors). Is that deliberate ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:27 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Chimedons can carry gun servitors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OK, thanks for that clarification – I managed to conflate Gun Servitors with Praetorian Combat Servitors. Doh!

But it doesn’t totally resolve my point. There is an option for Sagitarii (a Core Formation) that offers “Replace Gun Servitors with five Rapier Laser Destroyers units +25 pts”, whereas the Notes for the Chimedon state “Transport (1 Infantry. No Praetorian Combat Servitors or Rapiers allowed)”. Those five Rapiers can’t be transported in Chimedons, so you could only take 5 Chimedons for the Sagitarii, and it would still cost you 200 pts. Or that's how I read it anyway.

If the intent is to deter someone from taking the Transportation for a relatively static formation of 5 Sagitarii and 5 Rapiers, then it makes sense. Otherwise it might be better to have the Transport Upgrade reading something like “Transportation - Enough Chimedons to carry the entire formation: 200pts for 10 or 100pts(?) for 5”.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:06 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The intent is that if you take rapiers you take a minorus with a corvus pod rather than chimedons.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah OK. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thought so far on the Skitarii after few, games and it may change after few more games..

SKITARII DEMI-CENTURY: Nice solid formation and I would not worry about upgrading for transports. So it could garrison.
Sagitarii Demi-Century: I have used the formation in the past and it done its job..

Ordinatus Minorus: I would take these over the ORDINATUS MAJORUS and adding the extra Ordinatus Minorus to the formation means, there is some extra Fire power depending on the weapon configuration..Also so extra staying power due to DC. The critical is also not as bad as the ORDINATUS MAJORUS(Place BM ob formation in LOS.)

ORDINATUS MAJORUS: I don’t think I would take any more than one of them now, since for 1000 points I can have three Warhounds with Turbo-laser Destructor, leader…. weapon range is 60, but speed is 30, walker…Yes MAJORUS has more shields/hit points/ and is slower. I may do test run on this at some point..

Take the above with grain of salt since I’m still looking at builds. Trying all options

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:54 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'd agree with your thoughts mostly. A fully upgraded demi-century in transport does hit very hard and is pretty hard to shift but it does take a lot of points and it's more something you build an army around.

The ordinatus formations can't take any of the upgrades so you wouldn't be able to add an extra minorus to either formation. I dropped the Minorus to two units to curtail the CLP + Quake usage and make the Majoris have a bit more draw. I'd agree about not taking more than one Majoris.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry..I had the UK stuff up too, so wires got crossed...But I do like the idea of been able to upgrade the formation, with extra minorus.. but understand the reasons why you have done it that way.....

So have you look at only allowing set weapon upgrades on the minorus? It might be away of combating the CLP + Quake usage issue and allow little flexibility in that formation...

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

a fixed minorus weapons set did come up and it was one of the things Ben desperately wanted. I decided not to go that route and instead limited them to battle titan weapons and dropped one minorus from the formation. That's toned back the quake + CLP hole along with the changes to the CLP rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next