Login |  Register |  FAQ

Testing AMTL: what do we need to get this done?

Post subject: Re: Testing AMTL: what do we need to get this done?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Vaaish wrote:
Hey Koshi,

Thanks for the reports! The CC reaver was a pretty different setup from what we usually see. Seemed several of the battles depended on that unit. Did you feel the weapons performed appropriately or were they under/overpowered?
Is it all right if I add your summaries from the battle report analysis thread to your post in AMTL battle reports

For the CC Reaver: I think he is good for this role. He is right powerfull at CC and FF. But not op. Quite ok IMO. But LasBurner... Why +4 Attacks in CC and only +2 in FF? Should go the other way?

For Summaries, no problem, go on.

Did I fullfill the requirements? Or would you like to have more reports. Those Mini-Reports are moreless the best what I can do, because a full battle report is hard work. But if it is required, I will do some more.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'm not entirely sure about the LasBurner. It's been that way forever, or at least since 3.19. It's an OR weapon so you have to pick which one to go with rather than getting both, but it does seem like that would be reversed.

I'm going to go with them for the time being. If more detail is requested we'll cross that bridge later :)

Thanks again for the reports and work you and everyone else have put in to test this list. I'll get the bits added in to the batrep thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd like to mention that just because something has been like it is forever, is absolutely no reason not to change it. After all, forever probably includes the game Space Marine, which I think had very different rules to E:A.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

hah. true enough, but my point was that I don't have information as to why the lasburner ended up the way it is. The best I can do is tell you that it got the CC shots increased to +4 in version 3.1.

Upon further digging into the recesses of the AdMech threads here, it seems that the current stats came out of complaints that titans didn't have an effective anti-infantry CC weapon and that the idea of a titan sized power fist or chainblade scything down masses of infantry running around their feet was a bit tough to swallow.

It also seems that CML were originally designed to take on infantry pecking away at the foot of a titan and the LasBurner was a CC weapon that could hit multiple locations on an enemy titan rather than just one. So it's correct to have the weapon do more damage in CC rather than FF. I don't really see a reason to change it unless it's unbalancing in any way.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Well folks. We are very close now. Mordoten just has one more report to go and we'll just be short by one from Bristol.

If any other groups out there can scrape together 3 battle reports as well, that would help make up for the deficit and would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for all the effort you've expended in getting us this far. Remember if you have any concerns regarding proposed changes or current points or stats, please post in the prep for submission thread here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27248