Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Questoris Mechanicus (Developmental)

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus v1.57 (Developmental)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Leaning towards just giving the Cerasus Knights 35cm move, or maybe even 40cm. The torso of the new model isn't all that big, it's actually mostly legs, so making it super-speedy makes a lot of sense. Not sure what the speed difference in A-T between Questoris Knights and Cerastus Knights is?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:23 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I really don't see the point of this. You're basing gameplay decisions on the look of a model, not it's stats and it's really not a good direction to do anything epic based. The ratio of legs to torso can't come into play here simply because it may vary from iteration to iteration. For example, look at the size differences in the various iterations of the warlord. If we just based stats on looks of the model, the AT ones would be imperator stats now. Looking at the actual 40k stats shows that the difference between the Paladin and Lancer is the Lancer gets 2" more movement per turn. That's pretty well in line with the current 25cm move for Questoris and 30cm for Cerastus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Vaaish wrote:
I really don't see the point of this. You're basing gameplay decisions on the look of a model, not it's stats and it's really not a good direction to do anything epic based. The ratio of legs to torso can't come into play here simply because it may vary from iteration to iteration. For example, look at the size differences in the various iterations of the warlord. If we just based stats on looks of the model, the AT ones would be imperator stats now. Looking at the actual 40k stats shows that the difference between the Paladin and Lancer is the Lancer gets 2" more movement per turn. That's pretty well in line with the current 25cm move for Questoris and 30cm for Cerastus.
I'd second this. The aesthetics of a model can vary far too much with official models, fan made, kit bashing, and the whole realm of 3d printing that are all currently available. Saying a model gets a stat line since "looks like it should" seems a bit too tenuous.

If the thought is that the list needs more speed, maybe there's a different way to make that happen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think in general is it is a good idea to have things "feel" right. But maybe the current stats are close enough, and a fair compromise between the official and the fanmade stuff. I've personally printed out a bunch of Cerastuses with a different torso-to-legs ratio from the A-T one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

40cm of move seems out of line with almost everything in the game, and I really don't see why a knight should meve faster than a land speeder, for instance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:49 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'd agree that things need to feel right, but you should probably base that feeling on the unit performance within the framework of units in the list and similar units in other lists tempered by the stats GW has put out for the models rather than what the mode looks like.

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus (Developmental, Inactive)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:25 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Someone should jump on this list and give it some love.

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus (Developmental, Inactive)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:36 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yep, sorry life has been a bit crazy but this will get moving again soon.

Post subject: Re: Questoris Mechanicus (Developmental)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:14 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Moving this back to active status.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Great to hear.

Any chance the bravery honour rule could be changed to be the same as the knight world list in the next update if there is one? Halving the number of hack downs in pretty massive for a unit they also has a 4+ invun against shooting most of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:45 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'll be looking to unift some of the rules and statlines with the Knightworld list as we move forward. Adjusting bravery and honor to match knightworld is one of those changes. I'll also be removing the Stubbers as well since you brought up a good point about their actual performance comparative to the effort. It was a cool idea, just not worth it in the end.

EDIT: If you want to play the list using the Knightworld bravery rule and removing heavy stubbers in the mean time, it's going to take me a while to rebuild the list in an editable format.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

so this is alive at the moment? because it really seems to fit the AT2018 Knight range... which is handy for me... as it seems to give me a 4th epic army on the spot...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:23 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

It's a zombie at the moment. I had intended to pick up dev on it now that Skitarii is approved, but Covid hit. The current state was pretty close though I need to review my notes for what needs updated. My previous post should give a good guideline of what changes to expect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10