Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Epic: Mechanicus Supplement - Revive it!

Post subject: Re: Epic: Mechanicus Supplment - Revive it?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:45 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Evil and Chaos wrote:
I don't believe I'm incorrect in saying that the biggest movement in the NetEA project over the last three years has been to move one list (AMTL) from Approved back down to In Development

Having talked to Neal, Hena, Chroma and Meph before the tournament pack came together I can say that the AMTL list was never approved by them (I checked again too when you brought this up the first time). I can't see how it can be claimed that it was approved, especially given the grand total of 5 battle reports I managed to find from that period. As far as I can tell you thought it was approved and called it so yourself, the above seems little more than someone claiming to have been wronged and throwing mud.

Quote:
The Skitarii list has to be a variant list because the Mechanicus AC has shown antipathy towards my requirements for a Skitarii list for my supplement.

We get that you don't like what Vaaish has done with the list. You could have PMed him and said you just don't want it in the supplement, that's your prerogative. Claiming that there won't be enough time to test the list when there's 11 others to be tested, the majority of which which have never seen a game, is weak at best. Then the head butting begins and we're back into the old pattern.

The AMTL situation has been the biggest headache, on and off the boards, for this community. If half as much effort was put into playing games instead of arguing, refusing to compromise over some 30 PMs and stirring up crap we'd HAVE an approved list. Can it just stop?

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Having talked to Neal, Hena, Chroma and Meph before the tournament pack came together I can say that the AMTL list was never approved by them. I can't see how it can be claimed that it was approved, especially given the grand total of 5 battle reports I managed to find from that period. As far as I can tell you thought it was approved and called it so yourself, the above seems little more than someone claiming to have been wronged and throwing mud.

Shrug. IIRC it appeared in a compendium as Approved, then later it was downgraded, I honestly don't care about how or why that happened. I'm just stating objectively, I don't think I'm disrupting anything, because little has actually happened.

The latest thing that happened was (I think, I don't pay close attention anymore) a new NetEA AMTL list being put out, which presumably resets the playtesting requirements. Again, I'll be happy to include a NetEA AMTL list if it's finished in time.

Quote:
We get that you don't like what Vaaish has done with the list. You could have PMed him and said you just don't want it in the supplement, that's your prerogative.

I pointed out why his Skitarii list is not suitable for my supplement, and why he's very unlikely to decide to write a suitable list (he's said he doesn't want to do a list in the style I think my supplement needs). That's okay.

Quote:
Claiming that there won't be enough time to test the list when there's 11 others to be tested, the majority of which which have never seen a game, is weak at best.

A list that has more options available than any other list in Epic (his Armoured list) is never going to be finished, that's just obvious. Nor are my requirements for calling a list "finished" as onerous as yours. I'm okay going with opinions from involved people, rather than requiring loads of battle reports.

If that level of "finished" doesn't meet Mosc's standards for getting the book printed (it's the same standard I used for "Siege", so meh), well, I don't see that that has to be the main goal of this fun hobby project anyway.

It's a storybook & game rules for toy soldiers, a hobby. If people are interested in this hobby project, then I think that's cool, if they're not, then they're not, and that would also be okay.

Quote:
Can it just stop?

You're asking me to shut down this supplement project?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:09 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

No. I'm asking you, rather hypocritically, to deal with the AMTL head butting privately. It be great if everyone could work together but I can't see it happening.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
No. I'm asking you, rather hypocritically, to deal with the AMTL head butting privately. It be great if everyone could work together but I can't see it happening.

Well, it may be worth thinking that if CS and you hadn't have brought up issues, there wouldn't have been any public headbutting of note.

Vaaish popped in, offered his Armoured list, I noted that it's not likely to be finished in time, and that was that. No bruised foreheads anywhere. It's perfectly possible that he can finish a list in time, in which case it'd most likely go in. Hooray, everyone would be happy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Evil and Chaos wrote:
Well, it may be worth thinking that if CS and you hadn't have brought up issues, there wouldn't have been any public headbutting of note.

Vaaish popped in, offered his Armoured list, I noted that it's not likely to be finished in time, and that was that. No bruised foreheads anywhere. It's perfectly possible that he can finish a list in time, in which case it'd most likely go in. Hooray, everyone would be happy.

The only reason we're here is because of one of your reported post. If it was as cut and dry as your synopsis suggests you'd be right. In reality, the tone and snide comments paint a different picture. That'is why I'm publicly asking you to stop.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well how about you delete all the fighty posts, including your own, and we can get back to discussing our hobby of toy soldiers happily, hey?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:27 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think I'll leave them so people are aware of the situation in case it comes up again. I'm game for the toy soldiers part though, it's much more positive.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A OGBM report is coming up later today!

Looking forward to seeing this supplement finished!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
A OGBM report is coming up later today!

Looking forwards to hearing how terribly it went. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
- The Mechanicus Armoured Tank List will need to be different, because the current Experimental list has, I'm moderately sure, more army list choice options than any other currently-active Epic list. It will never be balanced, certainly not at the rate of progress demonstrated on the Mechanicus lists over the last ~2 years.

Just wanted to make you aware, in case you hand't looked through the sticky experimental cataphractii thread, but it's actually got fewer options than the list you've got in your supplement unless you continue your stance about allied titans. The structure is pretty similar too. I offered it since the community had helped put it together and a goal like the supplement might help move it along for testing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
unless you continue your stance about allied titans.

And allied Skitarii formations from your other Skitarii list too, with various upgrade options for those as well.

With the added options from 2 almost-full lists plugged on the side, neither of which is Approved at this time either, I'd be surprised to see it reasonably balanced; Feel free to surprise me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:26 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
With the added options from 2 almost-full lists plugged on the side, neither of which is Approved at this time either, I'd be surprised to see it reasonably balanced; Feel free to surprise me.

If you want to drop the allies for your supplement, it won't affect the core list and you won't need to bother testing the massive number of combinations that seems to get you all up in bun. Allied formations aren't exactly at the top of everyone's list of things to max out on and I hardly think lack of Approved status is an issue here since you're looking to write your own lists.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If enough reports come in to say that it works fine without any allies, then that could well be a thing that we could definitely do. Or consider, at least. I've not looked at what community feedback or playtests you've had.

Otherwise, we have the list I wrote long before yours already in the wings ready for testing, when we get around to a primary focus on an Armoured list. You've got a good few months.

You're right, that "Is it a good list?" is more important to me than "NetEA Approved".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok getting back to the actual document / project here. I've given a read through twice now. I've noted some stuff down that I'd like to comment on, make suggestions for, note for correction, all mainly in fluff areas (ranging from spelling to established fluff points on the universe). Would you like me to submit these, post them here or in another To-Do / Feedback thread, go slit my wrists instead? ;)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any discussion-worthy points can go here.

If it's more a case of error-spotting, bounce to my email?

Certainly I need to go back in and work in more foreshadowing of the local governor being an embezzler, as IIRC it comes rather out of nowhere in the story as an excuse for a creepy scene that shows the power of the Inquisitor (I did like how he ignores the local governor for ages, until he briefly pays him just enough attention to murder him with casual ease, I like the scene because it sets the tone for the new more ruthless direction to the war effort, it just comes out of nowhere).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next