Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Army List: Squats

Post subject: Re: Army List: Squats
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah! That would explain it! I took it to mean 2 x Hearthguard (stands) & 1 Berserker Squad. Mystery over! Thanks chaps! :D

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
True enough... Every cloud, eh? :D

And if you want some very good infantry, check the bodyguards special cards ;)

Leviathans are not HQ in Squat List. They may be Regimental HQ in Imperial Guard army if the IG player wants.

Leviathan, Colossus, Cyclop and all Praetorians follow the Praetorian rules from the NetEpic Standard Rules:

"Orders: ...Praetorians are Command vehicles for purposes of movement and firing...
Firing: ...Superior fire control systems permit praetorians to always fire in the First Fire Segment..."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers Scream! You are a gentleman and a scholar! ;)

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a question to the squat army book, but I think my question is relevant for all Praetorians.

Yesterday I tried the NetEPIC rules for the first time (a battle report with photos will follow soon). My opponent purchased the Cyclops. After knocking down all shields on the Cyclops I fired again and got a hit on the hull. After scattering, and he failing his save, I rolled for damage on the hull and got a 6. I hit the cyclops on the front, so the it looks like the bridge is hit.
The damage table says:

"Bridge or engine hit: bridge if the front half of the vehicle, engine if the rear. Any points over 6 are bonuses to the second roll."

We couldn't work out how to interpret this. Could someone please let me know what the appropriate action would be if following the NetEPIC Gold rules? Re-roll for damage on the bridge damage table? (this is what we ended up doing). Unfortunately, this just gave a 2.

I tried to look for the White Dwarf magazine that has rules for the Cyclops. But I don't have this issue. If anyone has this issue (no. 170, february 1994), and can share the details about the Cyclops I would be very grateful.

I can see in the Squat NetEPIC army book, that damaging the hull in other praetorians results in a similar wording, and also in the Mars Ordinatus and other Imperial Praetorians.
It might be worth rephrasing this part of the damage tables in a a future vers. of NetEPIC to make it easier to understand what to do in case you roll a 6.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
:)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

HAL9000 wrote:
I have a question to the squat army book, but I think my question is relevant for all Praetorians.

Yesterday I tried the NetEPIC rules for the first time (a battle report with photos will follow soon). My opponent purchased the Cyclops. After knocking down all shields on the Cyclops I fired again and got a hit on the hull. After scattering, and he failing his save, I rolled for damage on the hull and got a 6. I hit the cyclops on the front, so the it looks like the bridge is hit.
The damage table says:

"Bridge or engine hit: bridge if the front half of the vehicle, engine if the rear. Any points over 6 are bonuses to the second roll."

We couldn't work out how to interpret this. Could someone please let me know what the appropriate action would be if following the NetEPIC Gold rules? Re-roll for damage on the bridge damage table? (this is what we ended up doing). Unfortunately, this just gave a 2.

I tried to look for the White Dwarf magazine that has rules for the Cyclops. But I don't have this issue. If anyone has this issue (no. 170, february 1994), and can share the details about the Cyclops I would be very grateful.

I can see in the Squat NetEPIC army book, that damaging the hull in other praetorians results in a similar wording, and also in the Mars Ordinatus and other Imperial Praetorians.
It might be worth rephrasing this part of the damage tables in a a future vers. of NetEPIC to make it easier to understand what to do in case you roll a 6.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.
:)

Hi!

The procedure would be as follows:

1. if the roll on the hull table is a 6 (as in your case) you get to add any bonuses (such as weapon penetration) to the second roll. So if you hit the hull with a weapon with penetration +2, you get that +2 on the roll for the bridge or engine.
2. The defense of the hull goes down 1 point. Meaning the hull becomes weaker and easier to damage.

So as far as I can tell you did the right thing by rolling on the bridge table. You may have not added any bonuses if you had them.

I agree this is badly worded and needs to be re-written to be clearer.

By the way, damage tables for praetorians are a net epic invention, the original rules have no damage tables. :)

I do have that issue of WD (I have all issues with epic in them), so the only real change is the damage tables net epic added.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, slightly different question. If the hull is hit with a penetration +2 weapon you get +2 to the damage roll. If you roll a 5, +2 makes a 7. Is the subsequent roll to the bridge or engine suppose to be at +1, +2, or +3?

+1 because that is what you rolled over the 6 for the hull damage

+2 because the weapon is pen(2)

Or +3 from both, which has the effect of the penetrating special rule counting twice

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Excellent question......I have the same problem
does pen. bonus count for further damages like the 6 on the hull and then for the roll on bridge/reactor?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ulric wrote:
Excellent question......I have the same problem
does pen. bonus count for further damages like the 6 on the hull and then for the roll on bridge/reactor?

Hi!

In your example it would be +1, since it went over 6 by 1 point.

I think is too fiddly however and would just use the same penetration modifier as the first roll.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I did it this way and I think it´s fine.
Will use it in future battles too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a suggestion for the next version of the NetEpic squat army list.
A company card with 3 Praetorians.
E.g. a company card with 3 cyclops, or a company card with 3 colossus, or a company card with 3 Leviathans, or a company card with 3 land trains. Or perhaps even a company card with a mixture of different 3 praetorians.
I think this would be a nice match to the company cards the other armies can purchase with 3 titans - e.g. the Eldar Phantom titan host.
What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Squats have the doomanvil company, 2 cyclops + 1 colossus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

scream wrote:

Hi!

I'm thinking the newer formation rules will allow for a few variations of this theme. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
scream wrote:

Hi!

I'm thinking the newer formation rules will allow for a few variations of this theme. :)

Primarch

I like the idea of variations. I have one Cyclops and am sure there probably aren't too many people who have two (obviously not yourself Primarch!).

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
primarch wrote:
scream wrote:

Hi!

Primarch

I like the idea of variations. I have one Cyclops and am sure there probably aren't too many people who have two (obviously not yourself Primarch!).

Hi!

The goal of platinum, besides the new units, is to make formation construction more friendly to the realities of collecting epic models in current times.

So baseline formation will be smaller and there will be a greater ability to add additional models to a formation in ways net epic gold does not allow.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
The Bissler wrote:
primarch wrote:
scream wrote:

Hi!

Primarch

Hi!

The goal of platinum, besides the new units, is to make formation construction more friendly to the realities of collecting epic models in current times.

So baseline formation will be smaller and there will be a greater ability to add additional models to a formation in ways net epic gold does not allow.

Primarch

Yep.
Guess making the Doom Anvil Squadron more generic and something along the lines of 2-4 Praetorians with costs associated with each different type.

Matt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next