Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Army List: Chaos

Post subject: Re: Army List: Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
Hi!

Chaos book updated.

Primarch

"chaosbook_with_errata_2.pdf" is messed up. It will ONLY display with two pages at a time side by side, which makes the pages far too small to read. Zooming in to where they are readable still has two pages of the book visible per page of the PDF. This destroys the table of contents for page numbering. Please fix this as it makes the PDF unusable (for me anyway).

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
primarch wrote:
Hi!

Chaos book updated.

Primarch

"chaosbook_with_errata_2.pdf" is messed up. It will ONLY display with two pages at a time side by side, which makes the pages far too small to read. Zooming in to where they are readable still has two pages of the book visible per page of the PDF. This destroys the table of contents for page numbering. Please fix this as it makes the PDF unusable (for me anyway).

Hi!

Oops! Saved the files in PDF "spread" format not "page" format. The spread format is the native one for Indesign in which the original files were made. I have corrected all the recent files I uploaded to the "page" format.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wonderful, thanks for fixing that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all,

I've a question about companies that grant Chaos Reward Cards.

Shouldn't infantry companies in Chaos Marine List grant a Chaos Reward too ?

When picking Chaos Marine Company, Havok Company and Chaos Terminator Company, it would seem logical that you get another chaos reward ?

And another one:

About Raptor Marine: could someone explains the sentence
"their armor has been modified to unleash a horrifying banshee howl when they charge the enemy and if this initial attack fails, the Raptors fall back before their opponents can gather their scattered wits."
Does it means that the raptors gain the same attack as the eldar Banshee ? What about the "fall back" part ?

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The question about Chaos Reward Cards has been asked before several times, even in this thread. Look back through the thread to see how it was dealt with. [In other words, I don't recall offhand.] That said, I have two answers for you, one comical and one serious.

Comical: "Wait ... you want LOGIC in your CHAOS?!? Go sit in the corner."

Serious: Looking at which formations gain how many Reward Cards, it seems to me that the more Daemonic the formation is, the more Cards they get. While Standard List Companies (IE, Chaos Renegades) get one Card, the Chaos Marine Companies do not. To me, this says that the Chaos Marines, just by dint of being Marines, just aren't Chaosy enough to qualify for that. They are all the same, no variations in the Company. The Chaos Renegade Companies are all composed of multiple troop types, the Chaos Marine ones are just too homogeneous. [Well, OK, the Cultist Army has the same problem, but Chaos doesn't need consistency.]

On the other hand, it is possible that the Chaos Marine Companies not getting Reward Cards was an oversight or a typo in how it was phrased at the beginning of the Chaos.pdf. If you and your opponent are both fine with Chaos Marine Companies receiving a Chaos Reward Card, it shouldn't be too game breaking. Just don't use the points formula for those battles as the cost for that is not included in those formations. Or do use it. Chaos. rrraaargh!
_____

As to the Raptor question, I have no answer. Well, aside from assuming that the description is just fluff details for their high CAF. Their game stats do not mention any banshee-like wail, and thus it is not included in their points value.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for your reply MagnusIlluminus,

No problem about the "no reward chaos card" for the CMS infantry companies, I was wondering if it was a typo or not :) It will not change how I'm used to build my Iron Warriors army list ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@Peter: could you add in the doomwings stats Notes cell on page 58: "Destroy Buildings".

This is stated in doomwings description on page 21 but is not indicated in the stats table.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

scream wrote:
@Peter: could you add in the doomwings stats Notes cell on page 58: "Destroy Buildings".

This is stated in doomwings description on page 21 but is not indicated in the stats table.

Hi!

Good catch!

Goes in next update.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9