Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Army List: Space Marines

Post subject: Re: Army List: Space Marines
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On the other hand, the formula may not be perfect either. Just recently there was a discussion about the Squat Guild Bikers Company being about twice the cost of an Eldar Jet Bike Host. Is that formation really twice as powerful as the other? I'm not really sure, only play-testing specific scenarios would tell.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MagnusIlluminus wrote:
On the other hand, the formula may not be perfect either. Just recently there was a discussion about the Squat Guild Bikers Company being about twice the cost of an Eldar Jet Bike Host. Is that formation really twice as powerful as the other? I'm not really sure, only play-testing specific scenarios would tell.

Hi!

Agreed. Nothing is perfect, but at least the formula is based on more objective principals and while flawed, even those flaws are applied evenly across the army lists achieve better balance.

Gold values are what they are. What has been done has been errata/clarification updates. At this point with efforts concentrated elsewhere it is incumbent to the player to change values their group does not favor.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a ask about Dreadnought. When at the erratas we say : "all dreadnoughts are Elite and PD(1)" it is apply to Scatolo or not ?

Member of NetEpic Translation Committee.

"If you break my tea, I break your ass !" Grakor Urg Margor, the ork big boss who like tea !
(sea http://fbruntz.fr/lpt/regles/regles.html)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As far as my Points Value Formula is concerned, yes.

Note that I have NOT applied that to Chaos Dreadnoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey primarch. The "astares with errata" book still has the old stats for Scatolo. Specifically, they do not show as having Elite & PD(1), they have the wrong names, and their weapons are still wrong.

I could be wrong, but as far as I recall, the consensus was to change the Scatolo in Gold so as to be more useful & accurate to the actual models. Specifically:

Scatolo (Assault) was being renamed as Scatolo Combat, and adding Elite & PD(1).

Scatolo (Heavy) was being renamed Scatolo Assault, weapon changed to Assault Cannon (50, 2, 5+, 0), and adding Elite & PD(1).

Scatolo (Support) was being renamed Scatolo Support, Heavy Bolters replaced with Lascannon (75, 1, 5+, -2), Barrage Missile replaced with Missile Launcher (100, 2BP, 6+, 0, +Indirect, Damage Buildings), and adding Elite & PD(1).

It is important to note that all Points Formula values for these three models have used the above changes for quite some time now. I thought that you were going to adjust this during your last errata run, but I guess it slipped your mind. Unless there is any objection, can this get changed in Gold?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's quite problematic to change Scatolos Heavy and Support weapon configurations...Many players (including me) have already painted their scatolo to be wysiwyg with current Gold profiles...

I'd prefer to see minor changes (playing with CAF value for example) to get a better balance between variants that totally modifying weapons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13