Login |  Register |  FAQ

Wanted: De'Aynes Curator....

Post subject: Wanted: De'Aynes Curator....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Greeting ladies & gents, long time no see!  :;):

I trust you are all well, it's good to de-lurk and see that all the old names are still here, even if the site is changing...

Now, to the reason I'm here... as you may have noticed, I've kinda dropped off the radar here since the new year, due to several things, partly GW's utter lack of support in any way for the SGs, partly feeling burnt out with the hobby in general, that I wasn't really getting out of it, and partly that my university course and work placements are taking much of the free time I used to have, and most of my modelmaking energy is going into that instead.

So, as a consequence of all this, I've neglected the good old De'Aynes gallery which has been one of my favourite Epic resources for years. I did a lot of work on the Gallery since becoming curator, lots of reorganising, many large updates of wonderful work from your good selves and around the web, but now it's time for the torch to be handed on to someone who has the drive to get things going again!

So, if anyone feels they are up for this, let Tom (netepic) know; it isn't a difficult or particularly timeconsuming job, just a fun little role which I feel really helps the community and maintains and develops a great resource!
You won't need any major web knowledge, the Gallery has a very intuitive and simple interface; it's just a matter of getting submissions flowing in and getting them uploaded...

Again, I'm very sorry that I let things slide and just vanished without a trace; I'll remain around on the netepic team as an advisor, as well as potentially working with Tom on another funky project, so I'm not giving up entirely - see you around!

Cheers and best wishes, ~Gabriel (aka Stormy)  :cool:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good to hear from you again Stormy :;):

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ditto. Hope Univ is going ok.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:16 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Hi SS, thanks heaps for all the work you put into the gallery - you did a fantastic job. All the best for uni and the future!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(stormseer @ Oct. 24 2006,15:59)
Greeting ladies & gents, long time no see!  :;):

I trust you are all well, it's good to de-lurk and see that all the old names are still here, even if the site is changing...

Now, to the reason I'm here... as you may have noticed, I've kinda dropped off the radar here since the new year, due to several things, partly GW's utter lack of support in any way for the SGs, partly feeling burnt out with the hobby in general, that I wasn't really getting out of it, and partly that my university course and work placements are taking much of the free time I used to have, and most of my modelmaking energy is going into that instead.

So, as a consequence of all this, I've neglected the good old De'Aynes gallery which has been one of my favourite Epic resources for years. I did a lot of work on the Gallery since becoming curator, lots of reorganising, many large updates of wonderful work from your good selves and around the web, but now it's time for the torch to be handed on to someone who has the drive to get things going again!

So, if anyone feels they are up for this, let Tom (netepic) know; it isn't a difficult or particularly timeconsuming job, just a fun little role which I feel really helps the community and maintains and develops a great resource!
You won't need any major web knowledge, the Gallery has a very intuitive and simple interface; it's just a matter of getting submissions flowing in and getting them uploaded...

Again, I'm very sorry that I let things slide and just vanished without a trace; I'll remain around on the netepic team as an advisor, as well as potentially working with Tom on another funky project, so I'm not giving up entirely - see you around!

Cheers and best wishes, ~Gabriel (aka Stormy)  :cool:

If you need someone to take over the job. I think I could help. If it's a case of just getting new pictures from people up etc. I can always put up a post in the painting modeling forums and put a watch tag on it. just a case of checking my mail every couple of days and putting up any pictures that are posted to me. no prob at all, and if it does become to much I'll just pass it on. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good to hear from you again Stormy and sorry to hear that you're 'burnt out' Epic wise (we need to give you the 'he'll be back' rule  :laugh: )
Don't forget you need to show us (me anyway) some pics of these modeling jobs and if you need architectural advice you can PM me your addy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You've been a legendary host SS, thanks for all your help, i've enjoyed the ride ;), it's been a wild one!

There will always be a place for you in our ranks :D.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb