Login |  Register |  FAQ

Mechanicus or not, loyalists have it easy

Post subject: Mechanicus or not, loyalists have it easy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

where knights invented after the imperium became corruption-proof? no? then why cant a chaos army take them as default units?

same could be said for the praetorians. true you can allways take them as allies, but if that spot is reserved for something else, you have to choose and i find that hard to swallow. Any imperial unit that is basic enough to be corruptable should pretty much be accessible to chaos. i do know this is a big nugget to swallow since theres game balance to look into, but some of the units should be part of the chaos list as much as any imperial variant.

as is now it seems that chaos generals demolish anything they come across in favor off wierd deamon engines. however, if its small enough (rhino, landraider) they use it, or big enough (reaver, warlord) its accepted too, but anything in-between falls short. why is that?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Chaos get Knights now....see the Slaanesh list.  Iron Warriors get a Leviathan.  I suspect it was a bit hard for the traitors to lug too many of them off to the Eye of Terror when they lost.  Land Raider/Rhinos/Titans are obvious as entire 10000 man Marine chapters went across to Chaos, as did whole Titan Legions.

If you want to play a corrupted IG army, take IG with Chaos as Allies or vice versa.  Dont go suggesting we add every IG unit to the Chaos list.  :glare:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

true zap. i guess that would be overkill. its just a fluff point that never made sense in gws universe and continues not to in their games. its nice of slaanesh to redesign the knights but why did he have to make them worse  :sus:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oi! respect the Slaanesh...  :))

I think most of the stuff Chaos took with them into the Eye of Terror will be fairly mutated and twisted by now... just like your own models. I also think the stats will have mutated too... just like Slaanesh Knights, to better suit their style of combat preference...

After seeing what the EA lot have been up to and some of the excellent models on the French sites too I have been wanting to make a Khorne Knight with chainsword and horns and stuff but unfortunately no rules. I also would like to make Knight sized Daemons for Nurgle and maybe even Tzeentch... by using 40K plaguebearers and 40K Horrors (the cool looking new...ish ones) but I'm not sure how they would be received.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

well...uberdaemons the size of knights arent really in line with the fluff, but a mutated/modified knight would be quite fitting imo.

as for the Mechanicus list i sincerely feel that some of the units in it should be added to the chaos list as support or special cards since a titan legion issent going to leave its knights behind when they defect. preatorians on the other hand, might need a lot of maintainance that the chaos forces wouldent be bothered with, and i dont really see them as "chaosy". but hey, you can allways do a khorny knight (pun intended) as an allied proxy model.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Warhead @ 11 Mar. 2009, 08:15 )

I also would like to make Knight sized Daemons for Nurgle and maybe even Tzeentch... by using 40K plaguebearers and 40K Horrors (the cool looking new...ish ones) but I'm not sure how they would be received.

I wouldn't have any problems with Knight-sized Greater Daemons.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, some 40K models are real nice for the Greater Daemons... which should be Knight size... there greater after all  :vD

I though sort of idiot Daemon giants for Nurgle... but only because I like the model, it's true. As for Tzeentch, the Horror model is tops... I suppose that would make a nice alternate Greater Daemon but it's nothing like a changer... but those guys should all look different I suppose, hmmm.

Sorry for the Hi-jack togarini.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

*lets go of the reins* its all yours :p i was ranting anyway.

as for proxy models i think you can do what you want. as long as the rough size is about right. horrors are a close fit for a greater daemon. cut them down a bit and you got yourself something spiffy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

:oo: WHAT!.. how the hell did that happen.  :oh:  I was only empathising... so, over to you sport...  :tongue:  I think I have the parts... I think someone else would be better to do the stats...

Have a look at my Slaanesh Greater Daemon Princess, Elixir and her hand maidens...

The Maidens are Warmaster minis and Epic Daemonettes and the babe is a 40K Daemonette. I've posted this before so some will be sick of the picture. As you can see the size is not bad as is... I really need to do those eyesore bases soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Warhead @ 11 Mar. 2009, 13:14 )

After seeing what the EA lot have been up to and some of the excellent models on the French sites too I have been wanting to make a Khorne Knight with chainsword and horns and stuff but unfortunately no rules. I also would like to make Knight sized Daemons for Nurgle and maybe even Tzeentch... by using 40K plaguebearers and 40K Horrors (the cool looking new...ish ones) but I'm not sure how they would be received.

A possibility is to make Knight like models as proxies for the existing Khorne deamon engines.  Most of their stats look pretty close to Knight class units.  Downside is of course they wouldn't actually be Knights  :sigh:

Nurgle as a faction is the one in most need of some help I think, though Knights don't spring to mind when I think of Nurgle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

but remember if you want fluff proofing traitors can't use ordenati those things should be really treator prof