Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

[NE Plat] New Formation Arrangement For Building Armies

Post subject: Re: [NE Plat] New Formation Arrangement For Building Armies
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@ringo wrote:
Why do you have 2 models in the base formation, shouldn't it be 3?

2 models gives the players a bit of flexibility when working out their army under platinum.
I am trying to develop a system that will fit around the armies of NetEpic and Armageddon players where some people have models in groups of 2 or 4 and others in 3s.
Though I am starting to think that 6 models might be to many for a vehicle squadron, might go for the 2 to 4 option.

Matt

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think 6 in a Sqn is a lot. They are normally in threes and can be bolstered to 4. That's the real world this is 40k and epic at that, everything is bigger and more badass And it's only giving the option of upto 6 doesn't mean you have to.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mattman wrote:
@ringo wrote:

2 models gives the players a bit of flexibility when working out their army under platinum.
I am trying to develop a system that will fit around the armies of NetEpic and Armageddon players where some people have models in groups of 2 or 4 and others in 3s.
Though I am starting to think that 6 models might be to many for a vehicle squadron, might go for the 2 to 4 option.

Matt

I can understand the logic behind that, still it seems like catering more for the possible (probably few) AE crossovers than the core of NetEpic fans. And in some of the excamples there are to few stands in some formations - like 2 terminators or 4 devestators or assaults.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The one with the cut corner looks perfect I reckon, great work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@ringo wrote:
Mattman wrote:
@ringo wrote:

Matt

I can understand the logic behind that, still it seems like catering more for the possible (probably few) AE crossovers than the core of NetEpic fans. And in some of the excamples there are to few stands in some formations - like 2 terminators or 4 devestators or assaults.

Nearly all detachments will have a minimum of 4 stands with the option to increase to 6.
If you look at how marine detachments are structured these days (and have been in the 40k lore for close to 15 years), assault and devastator detachments are formed from 20 men (I.e. 2 squads, 4 stands).

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It is my understanding that the new formations are to better reflect 40k as the old company cards had 95 men. The newer formations should reflect the 100 marine company with command element. 60 tactical 20 assault and 20 devastates as Mattman has said.

Squiggle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Playing around this evening messed about with a new layout, it's not suitable but was fun to make.

Cheers

Squiggle

Attachments:
Alternate design.jpg
Alternate design.jpg [ 61.34 KiB | Viewed 3438 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another Formation for me and my sons Horus Heresy Games

Attachments:
Iron Warrior.jpg
Iron Warrior.jpg [ 198.12 KiB | Viewed 3387 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Dude these are awesome!

I'm so psyched on using these formats for Platinum!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They look nice, but we just need to make sure we don't overload people. Just in terms of companies for space marines in platinum you are looking at around a dozen, which is a lot of space in the army book.
Before we jump into the look and layout, we need to make sure the rules and army lists are right.

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mattman,
These are not official netepic platinum images I am just having a play with an interest close to my heart. These images are in no way meant to portray the end product that you guys are working hard to produce. If you wish I will create a separate post to avoid any confusion that may be being made. For those that are viewing these pictures they are not meant as a gaming aid for netepic (Gold or Platinum) and are in fact merely whimsical fancy. I am sharing them with a community of like minded gamers, with the effect that it may inspire other people to play the game any way they feel and can produce there own army cards. If I'm not being clear the army card images attached to my posts are my own personal interpretation of army cards that I organise my gaming pieces into. I fully comprehend that you are the process of working out the finer details of you vision for the game and am in no way trying to influence that, I have written on several posts that I am playing about with my own ideas and have shown a pictorial example of an idea you presented to me. I have offered you my services to assist in visualising your vision. They are still available if you so wish.

Thanks

Squiggle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apologies if my post came across as a complaint, it wasnt meant to be.
I love seeing them, they look awesome and should make army building more interesting, I just wanted to be careful about people jumping on to these to use them before we really know where we are going with platinum.
I have been in a similar situation as I was remaking the old style army cards for the gold formations a few years ago, but that activity slowly died off as I was getting requests for all the armies and reviewing rules/discussing changes (plus real life) got in the way.

Putting all your sweet creations in their own topic might be a good idea, that way people can find them more easily and they aren't just posted at the end of another old topic which some people might miss.

Matt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

They deserve there own thread, so by all means create one and post them there. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No problems Matt,
i may have ranted a bit, apologies. I will create a seperate post, I don't want to give anybody the impression that this is the fnal product, it is just an option at the moment, one of many and with a lot more work required. I understand your concerns are and support them fully. I know how much work has been put into this project and applaud you for your efforts I don't want to come across as an atagonistic/bully type that wants to step in and change everything, taking over. Thank you for all the work you have done so far and if you need me when the time comes and I can help I will gladly do so to bring the ideas to life.

Peace Brothers

Squiggle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Now lets make a game!!!!! ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next