Login |  Register |  FAQ

Dwarf Supreme Alternate Damage tables

Post subject: Dwarf Supreme Alternate Damage tables
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I have listed Dwarf Supreme's variant damage tables for further discussion or for DS to further add or modify.

Imperial Titan Damage Tables. You can use either the original core ones based on d6's or the alternate ones using d10's.

(Final Version pending DS changes)

Weapons: roll D10

1-2: The weapon is slightly damaged. Until repaired there is a -1 penalty to To Hit rolls.

3-4: The weapon has been moderately damaged. Until repaired the number of hit dice or
barrage points is halved, rounded up.

5-6: The weapon has been severely damaged. The weapon may not be fired until
repaired.

7-8: The weapon has been destroyed and cannot be repaired.

9 : The weapon has been blown clean off the and scatters 2D6 cm in a random
direction. Any units hit by the weapon must make a save or be destroyed.

10 : The weapon has been blown clean off, as above, but there is also a flashback to the
Titan. Roll a D6 to see what was affected by the flashback:

1-2 : Carapace
3-4 : Reactor
5-6 : Head

Then roll a D10 refer to the appropriate damage table.

Legs: roll D10

1-2 : The leg is slightly damaged, reducing the Titan?s movement by 1/3.

3-4 : The leg is moderately damaged, forcing the Titan to walk with a limp. The Titan?s
movement rate is halved.

5-6 : The leg is heavily damaged, as above, but also may not enter difficult terrain and
may make only one 45 degree turn.

7-8 : The leg has suffered extensive damage and it is possible that it will give way if the
Titan attempts to move. Roll a D6 is the ensuing repair phase, subtracting 2 from
the roll if the Titan has charge orders, or 1 from the roll if it has advance orders.
On a roll of 0 or less, the leg snaps and the Titan crashes to the ground. Determine
Randomly which direction the Titan falls. Any vehicles or stands fallen are
destroyed.

9 : The leg is crippled and may not be repaired. It may not move or turn for the rest of
the game.

10 : The leg is blown apart and the Titan immediately crashes to the ground. Determine
randomly which way the Titan falls. Any vehicles or stands landed on are
destroyed.

Reactor : roll D10

1-4 : The reactor has been damaged, reducing the output of plasma until repaired. The
Titan's movement and CAF are reduced by half. Weapons have a -1 To Hit
modifier and no plasma weapons may fire.

5-6 : The reactor has been breached and shuts down until repaired. The Titan is unable
to move or fire. No other damage may be repaired until the reactor has been
brought back on line.

7-8 : The reactor is breached and must be brought under control. The Titan may do
nothing until the reactor has been repaired. In the next repair phase, roll a D10
and consult the following table:

1-3 : The reactor is partially repaired. See 1-4 result above.
4-6 : The reactor is completely repaired. The Titan resumes functioning.
7-8 : The breach has been contained, but the reactor shuts down completely.
See 9 result below.
9-10: Meltdown! See 10 result below.

9 : The reactor has been heavily damaged. Automatic safeties kick to shut down the
reactor, preventing a meltdown. The Titan grinds to halt, unable to move or fire.
The reactor cannot be repaired for the remainder of the battle. The Titan is not
destroyed, but is considered eliminated for VP purposes.

10 : The reactor is destroyed, resulting in a catastrophic meltdown which vaporizes
the Titan. Remove the Titan and all units within 3D6 cms are automatically
hit and must make an unmodified save. Units within void shields or power fields
lose 1 void shield/power field.

Carapace : roll D10

1-4 : The Void Shield Generator is mildly damaged. The VSG shuts down immediately,
but there is a +1 modifier to the ensuing repair roll.

5-6 : The Void Shield Generator is moderately damaged and shuts down until repaired.

7-8 : The Void Shield Generator is heavily damaged. The VSG automatically shuts down
and is irreparable for the rest of the game.

9 : The Void Shield Generator is severely damaged and in danger of overloading. Roll
a D6 on a 4-6 the VSG is shutdown safely. On a 1-3 the VSG explodes as
described below.

10 : The Void Shield Generator is crippled, overloads and explodes, causing
catastrophic damage. The Titan is destroyed, but remains standing. All units within
2D6 cms are hit and must make an unmodified save. Any units with void shields or
power fields lose one void shield/power field.

Head : roll D10

1-2 : The Mind Impulse Unit is slightly damaged. Until repaired the Titan may only move
or fire if you first roll 2+ on a D6.

3-4 : The Mind Impulse Unit is heavily damaged. Until repaired the Titan's CAF is
halved and may only move or fire if you first roll 4+ on a D6.

5-6 : The shot punches through the bridge, killing crew members. The Titan's CAF is
halved for the rest of the game.

7-8 : The shot rips through the head, causing major damage. The CAF is halved (halved
again if already halved) and the Titan may only move or fire after rolling 4+ on
a D6.

9 : The bridge is severely damaged, destroying the Mind Impulse Unit. The entire crew
is killed by the feedback from the MIU. The Titan grinds to halt. Although the
Titan remains standing, it is considered destroyed for VP purposes.

10 : The shot destroys the head and triggers catastrophic internal explosions. The Titan
topples to the ground, destroying any vehicles or stands it lands on. Determine
randomly which direction the Titan falls.

Dwarf Supreme 2d6 variant

I present my alternate critical hit tables, 2d6 based. As usual, comments are welcomed.

Weapons: roll 2D6

2-4: The weapon is slightly damaged. Until repaired there is a -1 penalty for To Hit rolls.

5-6: The weapon has been moderately damaged. Until repaired the number of hit dice or
barrage points is halved, rounded up.

7: The weapon has been severely damaged. The weapon may not be fired until
repaired.
8-9: The weapon has been destroyed and cannot be repaired.

10-11: The weapon has been blown clean off and scatters 2D6 cm in a random
direction. Any units hit by the weapon must make a save or be destroyed.
12: The weapon has been blown clean off, as above, but there is also a flashback to the
Titan. Roll a D6 to see what was affected by the flashback:

1-2: Carapace
3-4: Reactor
5-6: Head

Then roll 2D6 refer to the appropriate damage table.

Legs: roll 2D6

2-4: The leg is slightly damaged, reducing the Titan’s movement by 1/3.

5-6: The leg is moderately damaged, forcing the Titan to walk with a limp. The Titan’s
movement rate is halved.

7: The leg is heavily damaged, as above, but also may not enter difficult terrain and
may make only one 45 degree turn.

8-9: The leg has suffered extensive damage and it is possible that it will give way if the
Titan attempts to move. Roll a D6 in the ensuing repair phase, subtracting 2 from
the roll if the Titan has charge orders, or 1 from the roll if it has advance orders.
On a roll of 0 or less, the leg snaps and the Titan crashes to the ground. Determine
randomly which direction the Titan falls. Any vehicles or stands fallen are
destroyed.

10-11: The leg is crippled and may not be repaired. It may not move or turn for the rest of
the game.

12: The leg is blown apart and the Titan immediately crashes to the ground. Determine
randomly which way the Titan falls. Any vehicles or stands landed on are
destroyed.

Reactor: roll 2D6

2-6: The reactor has been damaged, reducing the output of plasma until repaired. The
Titan's movement and CAF are reduced by half. Weapons have a -1 To Hit
modifier and no plasma weapons may fire.

7: The reactor has been breached and shuts down until repaired. The Titan is unable
to move or fire. No other damage may be repaired until the reactor has been
brought back on line.

8-9: The reactor is breached and must be brought under control. The Titan may do
nothing until the reactor has been repaired. In the next repair phase, roll 2D6
and consult the following table:

2-6: The reactor is partially repaired. See 2-6 result above.
7-8: The reactor is completely repaired. The Titan resumes functioning.
9-10: The breach has been contained, but the reactor shuts down completely.
See 10-11 result below.
11-12: Meltdown! See 12 result below.

10-11: The reactor has been heavily damaged. Automatic safeties kick in to shut down the
reactor, preventing a meltdown. The Titan grinds to halt, unable to move or fire.
The reactor cannot be repaired for the remainder of the battle. The Titan is not
destroyed, but is considered eliminated for VP purposes.

12: The reactor is destroyed, resulting in a catastrophic meltdown and cataclysmic destruction. Remove the Titan. All units within 3D6 cms are automatically hit and must make an unmodified save. Units with void shields or power fields lose 1 void shield/power field.

Carapace: roll 2D6

2-6: The Void Shield Generator is mildly damaged. The VSG shuts down immediately,
but there is a +1 modifier to the ensuing repair roll.

7: The Void Shield Generator is moderately damaged and shuts down until repaired.

8-9: The Void Shield Generator is heavily damaged. The VSG automatically shuts down
and is irreparable for the rest of the game.

10-11: The Void Shield Generator is severely damaged and in danger of overloading. Roll
a D6. On a 1-3 the VSG shuts down safely. On a 4-6 the VSG explodes as
described below.

12: The Void Shield Generator is crippled, overloads and explodes, causing
catastrophic damage. The Titan is destroyed, but remains standing. All units within
2D6 cms are hit and must make an unmodified save. Any units with void shields or
power fields lose one void shield/power field.

Head: roll 2D6

2-4: The Mind Impulse Unit is slightly damaged. Until repaired the Titan may only move
or fire if you first roll 2+ on a D6.

5-6: The Mind Impulse Unit is heavily damaged. Until repaired the Titan's CAF is
halved and may only move or fire if you first roll 4+ on a D6.

7: The shot punches through the bridge, killing crew members. The Titan's CAF is
halved for the rest of the game.

8-9: The shot rips through the head, causing major damage. The CAF is halved (halved
again if already halved) and the Titan may only move or fire after rolling 4+ on
a D6.

10-11: The bridge is severely damaged, destroying the Mind Impulse Unit. The entire crew
is killed by the feedback from the MIU. The Titan grinds to halt and may not function for the rest of the battle. Although the Titan remains standing, it is considered destroyed for VP purposes.

12: The shot destroys the head and triggers catastrophic internal explosions. The Titan
topples to the ground, destroying any vehicles or stands it lands on. Determine randomly which direction the Titan falls.

Primarch

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Dwarf Supreme Alternate Damage tables
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for posting them for me. I need to get off my lazy butt and create tables for Eldar Titans, Gargants, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
Thanks for posting them for me. I need to get off my lazy butt and create tables for Eldar Titans, Gargants, etc.

Hi!

No worries, lots to do and plenty of time to do it. ;)

I gotta get my butt in gear to make those Spreadsheets for possible army builder use as well. ;D

Primarch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:

Hi!

I'm in test mode DS, so when ever you want too shoot the damage tables for Eldar, Orks, etc, let me know. I can test them ASAP. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Okay. I've been busy with other things, but I'll get to them as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
Okay. I've been busy with other things, but I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Hi!

Thanks!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Having playtested Titans for the first time without Reactors on the front, I'd like to request that the lethality of these tables be increased to a degree.

With the old damage charts you could destroy a Titan with damage of 5+ to the reactor. Even if you scored damage of 3-4, you still then had a 50/50 chance of the Titan exploding because the damage is under control. Everyone always targeted the reactor because it pretty much added up to destruction on 4+, whereas the damage to the head required a roll of 5+.

In my recent battle report - viewtopic.php?f=85&t=25851 - I tried repeatedly to destroy the Phantom Titan. Even once I'd taken the holofields out of the equation, it still took a ridiculous amount of punishment before I managed to get a shot through the armour and rolled 5+ on the Head damage.*

That was my experience with a roll that should come up 33.33% of the time. With these damage tables we're reducing that to 10% of the time. Granted, the idea is that we'll be using more Plasma Weapons, but many players may choose not to...

While these damage charts are great for those of us that want our Titans to survive battles, I fear it may take some of the fun out of the game in that we don't get enough of those "Yeeeeeessss! Diiiiieeeee!" moments when you take down an enemy Titan!

Anyway, it's not that I don't like these tables, because I do - very much in fact. I think if we could have destruction on 8+ they'd be a must for every serious Epic fan.

*Note - while the armour soaked up a lot of hits, this wasn't the first damage roll I had to make on the head. I think it may have been somewhere between the 3rd and 5th roll. I can't remember exactly...

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Having playtested Titans for the first time without Reactors on the front, I'd like to request that the lethality of these tables be increased to a degree.

With the old damage charts you could destroy a Titan with damage of 5+ to the reactor. Even if you scored damage of 3-4, you still then had a 50/50 chance of the Titan exploding because the damage is under control. Everyone always targeted the reactor because it pretty much added up to destruction on 4+, whereas the damage to the head required a roll of 5+.

In my recent battle report - viewtopic.php?f=85&t=25851 - I tried repeatedly to destroy the Phantom Titan. Even once I'd taken the holofields out of the equation, it still took a ridiculous amount of punishment before I managed to get a shot through the armour and rolled 5+ on the Head damage.*

That was my experience with a roll that should come up 33.33% of the time. With these damage tables we're reducing that to 10% of the time. Granted, the idea is that we'll be using more Plasma Weapons, but many players may choose not to...

While these damage charts are great for those of us that want our Titans to survive battles, I fear it may take some of the fun out of the game in that we don't get enough of those "Yeeeeeessss! Diiiiieeeee!" moments when you take down an enemy Titan!

Anyway, it's not that I don't like these tables, because I do - very much in fact. I think if we could have destruction on 8+ they'd be a must for every serious Epic fan.

*Note - while the armour soaked up a lot of hits, this wasn't the first damage roll I had to make on the head. I think it may have been somewhere between the 3rd and 5th roll. I can't remember exactly...

Hi!

We'll see what my test comes up with. I don't mind more survivability (after all they are expensive units), but I'll see whether its too hard to kill a titan.

At this point all we need are more test to get a viable sample. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi DS,

I was wondering how the Gargant damage tables were coming along? I've got a game coming up on Saturday and since I'm playing the Orks would be delighted to playtest your tables if they are available.

No pressure though, if they aren't ready yet it's no problem - as I've spent a lot of time painting my Orks I'm expecting to play them a lot in the coming months!

Cheers!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Bissler,

I haven't worked on them much yet, but since you specifically asked I'll try to finish them this week. I'll probably incorporate results like the other tables in which something is damaged, but continues functioning at a reduced capacity, which is pretty much lacking on the Ork tables. I wouldn't necessarily expect Orks to be able to repair damage as well as their Imperial and Eldar counterparts, but I think some in-combat repair capability wouldn't be un-Orky. Surely Grots are good for something besides putting out fires. I can totally imagine an Ork warboss ordering a Grot to climb into a weapon to clear a jam!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
Hey Bissler,

I haven't worked on them much yet, but since you specifically asked I'll try to finish them this week. I'll probably incorporate results like the other tables in which something is damaged, but continues functioning at a reduced capacity, which is pretty much lacking on the Ork tables. I wouldn't necessarily expect Orks to be able to repair damage as well as their Imperial and Eldar counterparts, but I think some in-combat repair capability wouldn't be un-Orky. Surely Grots are good for something besides putting out fires. I can totally imagine an Ork warboss ordering a Grot to climb into a weapon to clear a jam!

Hi!

Yes! ;D

I have already used them and plan on using the orks too. So that's two people whom want them. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
I can totally imagine an Ork warboss ordering a Grot to climb into a weapon to clear a jam!

Genius! Love the idea of this! ;D

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The masses (okay so only two :D ) have spoken! I'll see what I can do tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've knocked this together, but let me know what you think. The intention is for players to input their own weapons and then use DS' damage charts. I'm not convinced by the ham-fisted execution though...

I have this as an Excel document but the forum seems to be blocking me posting that so have had to submit the PDF instead.

DS: I owe you a major apology for this; because of constraints for space I had to shorten/mangle your text. As a result, they don't read as well as you had written them. Sorry!

If you think it is worth keeping, then please let me know if I've messed anything up when copying & pasting chunks of text. That can be fixed.

Attachments:
Imp. Titan Damage Tables.pdf [273.55 KiB]
Downloaded 441 times

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's a good effort, Bissler. I personally prefer the old double-sided format with the hit template and weapons on the front and the damage tables on the back.