Login |  Register |  FAQ

Welcome to the Polyversal Board

Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Polyversal Board
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's a pre-order and marketing campaign usually. Well, at least I think it is. This is all my opinion, but here goes:

It also means they get a bit of market research going as to how many copies they should print for the initial print run. It is always good to have word of mouth, and online articles and so on doing the rounds before a release.

The problem is that it mucks with the release schedule, because the backers usually expect to receive things first, but so do stores who have committed to stocking your produce.

The difficulty is that I'm noticing a huge number of wargame makers are turning to kickstarter, because we don't really have the media coverage that computer/video games do. There aren't many ways of getting your name out there at the time you want it to get out, unless there are podcasts, bloggers and the occasional media outlet reporting on your "happening right now" kickstarter.

I think an issue here is that polyversal already did some of the media rounds about a year or two ago, which would normally coincide with the kickstarter release schedule to build maximum interest. Silence after that is killer for a product, and I hope it doesn't negatively affect polyversal.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know it would need additional time after a succesful funding, but at least I'd know that it will be really released one day. I agree that their advertisement policy was not very well thought out. My interest at this moment is at point zero and after all this waiting I'm not even sure if I still want to support Polyversal. They announce new cooperations with miniature producers every month, it seems that didn't understand at all that people here are mostly after the RULES for their allready existing and painted armies. I think there's is a high chance that the production of the game might take as long as their preparations and announcement phase. Am I really going to wait for this or bet my money on it? Sorry Polyversal, I was having high expectations, all I want now is a valid date of release. No more "very soons" I read since two years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just noticed a comment on the Polyversal Facebook page about a joint venture with Hawk Wargames. Sounds intriguing. Hopefully you guys can kickstart in 2015!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Since this thread is a bit old, and some of you may be subscribed to it, I wanted to pass on the active Kickstarter Project link in case you haven't seen that we're running it right now:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ce ... ame-system

Thanks in advance for checking it out.