Login |  Register |  FAQ

Heresy Rules for NetEpic Gold

Post subject: Heresy Rules for NetEpic Gold
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi folks,

Just a quick thread to see if anyone could point in the direction of Heresy unit rules for NetEpic Gold?
Even just some unit profiles and points for some of the unique profiles would be great.

As an alternative how close is Imperialis Dominatus to the NE points values/stats?
I know that game will have an Ork ruleset released for it soon, but if it's modeled after current 40k rules I'm worried they will have had all of the fun sucked out of them (the randomness, clan specific rules, madboyz etc are one of the main reasons I loved Orks in Space Marine and now NetEpic, and that stuff is long gone from 40k)

Very grateful if anyone is able to help!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Heresy Rules for NetEpic Gold
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There aren't any. Well, that isn't entirely true. There are Points Formula values for a few specific Marine vehicles in a couple of scattered threads, but nothing organized. The main reason for this is that the people who wanted to develop rules for such units also wanted to heavily alter the basic rules for the game, and those of us who didn't also were not interested in "New Heresy-era rules" at all. As far as I am concerned, and this may hold for others as well, if you want Heresy era rules, all you have to do is use 1st edition Epic game rules and stats.

That said, if you want to work up the New Heresy stats into NetEpic Gold, you can always do so using the Points Formula.

I have not looked at Imperialis Dominatus so I have no idea how close they are.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for replying MagnusIlluminus - appreciated.
I wasn't aware of some of the context around this so that's appreciated.

Really this will only be for close gaming friends, for use at home, so don't need too much detail.
I think instead I should be able to bodge in other units to count-as Heresy units. For example, Blood Angel assault troops (or even Khorne Berserkers actually) as Pre-Heresy Berserkers. Imperial Guard artillery units as Marine artillery units etc.
Hopefully I'll be able to get a close-enough approximation with a standard NetEpic unit card doing that.

Thanks again for the reply, I'll stop looking for something that doesn't exist! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You could always try this

https://imperiusdominatus.org/

It is 6mm scale and all and was developed by one of the guys who maintained NetEpic.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks - yes I have seen the ID ruleset (am actually hoping there will be some Heresy-era events when this ruleset really gets going). It looks good, but I have read that the ID rules will be based on current 40k system. It will be interesting to see how they come out, but if they are then it's not going to be anything like as much fun as the Epic Space Marine/NetEpic portrayal of Orks, which being based off the 1st/2nd edition 40k orks are a lot more characterful (if you like that sort of thing).