Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Net Epic Gold Finalization

 Post subject: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27063
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Hi!

As I manage to make some free time available I will be working on Finalizing Net Epic Gold. :)

The scope of what was going to be done as far as a revision has changed in the months since we started.

Net Epic Gold will remain "unchanged" and mainly errata/ minor tweaks will be done on that ruleset.

All new unit additions, formation changes and updates will be left for Net Epic Platinum.

This means there is relatively a small amount of updating to do, which frees us up to work fully on Net Epic Platinum.

I will be posting on the corresponding army list section a summary of what updates each Gold book will receive.

Look these over and comment on anything I may miss.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:31 pm
Posts: 940
Location: Nottingham, UK
Thanks for making the tweaks to Net Epic Gold. This is more than enough for me, and I welcome it. Of course, I'd just leave it at that, but it's not up to me.

_________________
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27063
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Irisado wrote:
Thanks for making the tweaks to Net Epic Gold. This is more than enough for me, and I welcome it. Of course, I'd just leave it at that, but it's not up to me.


Hi!

A promise is a promise. :)

Net epic gold stays as is, with minor additions/corrections, as well as some wording changes.

For anything else (i.e all our crazy ideas), that's what Platinum is for. ;)

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:47 am
Posts: 3065
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I think what I've seen amounts to a fair bit more than minor corrections/tweaks. I'd be happy for all the errors in translation from the V5.2 lists to be fixed but it would be a shame to make such significant changes to a tried and tested set of lists.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27063
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
zap123 wrote:
I think what I've seen amounts to a fair bit more than minor corrections/tweaks. I'd be happy for all the errors in translation from the V5.2 lists to be fixed but it would be a shame to make such significant changes to a tried and tested set of lists.


Hi!

What changes you deem significant?

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 66
Location: UK
Hi, I'm just getting into NetEpic and one thing I have noticed is that the rulebook and army book pdfs are rather large (the Ork rulebook is 86meg for example) and difficult to use - lots of graphics and more background info than I personally need - I can see why they are made like this and it's a great bit of work, but it's not what I want. I was thinking of making a stripped down 'Lite' version - more like the version 5 rules but with slightly nicer formatting.

Is this a futile effort - will the Gold rules be replaced soon? Would anyone else be interested in this?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27063
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Bruticus wrote:
Hi, I'm just getting into NetEpic and one thing I have noticed is that the rulebook and army book pdfs are rather large (the Ork rulebook is 86meg for example) and difficult to use - lots of graphics and more background info than I personally need - I can see why they are made like this and it's a great bit of work, but it's not what I want. I was thinking of making a stripped down 'Lite' version - more like the version 5 rules but with slightly nicer formatting.

Is this a futile effort - will the Gold rules be replaced soon? Would anyone else be interested in this?


Hi!

Once I take care of my re-certification exam in mid August, I will look towards updating net epic gold as a priority.

While I though of just updating the current files as they exist, I have not thought of a lite version.

Would a simple "text" pdf suffice for a lite option?

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 66
Location: UK
Yes a text pdf would be fine, but I volunteer to format it a little as well, if I may - I'd like to create something attractive but a bit lighter on filesize, so they can be printed or viewed on phones etc. I can do that with the current docs but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the revised Gold or even Platinum before doing work I might have to do twice.

Would it be possible to do a lite version - a text only version - of Gold and keep it in sync with changes made to the main version? Or are the changes going to be so sweeping that it is better off waiting?

(and a quick question, is one of the changes to add missing units - such as the Hydra for IG?)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:45 pm
Posts: 11122
Location: Canton, CT, USA
I like the idea of having a version without graphics.

_________________
"I don't believe in destiny or the guiding hand of fate." N. Peart


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27063
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Bruticus wrote:
Yes a text pdf would be fine, but I volunteer to format it a little as well, if I may - I'd like to create something attractive but a bit lighter on filesize, so they can be printed or viewed on phones etc. I can do that with the current docs but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the revised Gold or even Platinum before doing work I might have to do twice.

Would it be possible to do a lite version - a text only version - of Gold and keep it in sync with changes made to the main version? Or are the changes going to be so sweeping that it is better off waiting?

(and a quick question, is one of the changes to add missing units - such as the Hydra for IG?)


Hi!

There are several threads in the net epic section marked "gold summary" for each of the books where the 1st post lists the "errata" to be updated. The hydra is included in the IG one.

Any text version made would be an updated version as well.

The changes to Gold will be few and limited to updating errors/omissions. Therefore a txt version is doable.

All the "new" stuff is for the Platinum version.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 66
Location: UK
OK then I think I will give making a lite version a go now. Is it possible to get the rules as a text file? It would save trying to copy paste out from the pdf

edit: actually just the army books, I think the rulesbook is more of a complex thing to edit


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27063
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Bruticus wrote:
OK then I think I will give making a lite version a go now. Is it possible to get the rules as a text file? It would save trying to copy paste out from the pdf

edit: actually just the army books, I think the rulesbook is more of a complex thing to edit


Hi!

I will have to check, but there may not be a text file. :(

I have access to put up stuff at the Epicentre, so anything can be made available there for download. :)

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 66
Location: UK
OK thanks. An editable PDF would work too.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:46 am
Posts: 27063
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma USA
Bruticus wrote:
OK thanks. An editable PDF would work too.


Hi!

I'll try to locate one if available.

Primarch

_________________
Primarch


The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Net Epic Gold Finalization
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 3112
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
I use a laptop and my nephew an iPad for checking our stats during play; I think a light version of the rules is a great idea.

I don't want to detract from the original rules though, they are gorgeous and a fantastic piece of work.

One quick question; is the Titan reactor fix going into Gold or is that a Platinum tweak?

_________________
Proud to be described by CyberShadow as Tactical Command's "...biggest threat in recent times..."!

Clickable links for Epic hijinks:
Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net