Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Is it possible to win with Orks?!!

Post subject: Re: Is it possible to win with Orks?!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You are correct, once on Natural Instinct the Boarboys will only move 20cms. You can get them to at least half way under orders so the 20cms is usually enough to get them into contact with someone though :)

Yeah, I never much understood why GW limited the Pulsas to 30 degrees. Having said that, if you fan out a battery of 3 Pulsas you can cover most of the board in at least one arc. They are another of those units that can turn a battle, or completely fizzle. Even though I tend toward the serious, I usually try and fit a battery in. If nothing else they usually force an opponent to space his forces out a bit more than normal, and this often benefits the KoS. Just leave that big pie plate template in plain view :)

Pulsas join a group of units I will almost always take when playing Orks. They join the Freebooterz in a Skullhammer for snatching that objective off by itself, a KoS totally maxed out with 5 extra detachments each with 5 things (Bikes, Gobsmashas, Warbuggies, Wartraks), A (often mechanised) Bad Moonz Clan to move forward and sit on objectives, blasting gits with their superior firepower, plus a cheap Evil Sunz Clan to guard the backfield with a Soopa Gun protected a Dragsta, and also providing orders and psychic power for the Weirdboy tower the Bad Moonz left behind, also conveniently under cover of the Dragsta. I quite like adding the Renegade Mekboys to the KoS if points permit, though I only take Lifta-Droppers, Kustom Cannon in small numbers and a Dragsta. Add a Gargant of choice + some flavour and you are ready to stomp.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

zap123 wrote:
You are correct, once on Natural Instinct the Boarboys will only move 20cms. You can get them to at least half way under orders so the 20cms is usually enough to get them into contact with someone though :)

Yeah, I never much understood why GW limited the Pulsas to 30 degrees. Having said that, if you fan out a battery of 3 Pulsas you can cover most of the board in at least one arc. They are another of those units that can turn a battle, or completely fizzle. Even though I tend toward the serious, I usually try and fit a battery in. If nothing else they usually force an opponent to space his forces out a bit more than normal, and this often benefits the KoS. Just leave that big pie plate template in plain view :)

Pulsas join a group of units I will almost always take when playing Orks. They join the Freebooterz in a Skullhammer for snatching that objective off by itself, a KoS totally maxed out with 5 extra detachments each with 5 things (Bikes, Gobsmashas, Warbuggies, Wartraks), A (often mechanised) Bad Moonz Clan to move forward and sit on objectives, blasting gits with their superior firepower, plus a cheap Evil Sunz Clan to guard the backfield with a Soopa Gun protected a Dragsta, and also providing orders and psychic power for the Weirdboy tower the Bad Moonz left behind, also conveniently under cover of the Dragsta. I quite like adding the Renegade Mekboys to the KoS if points permit, though I only take Lifta-Droppers, Kustom Cannon in small numbers and a Dragsta. Add a Gargant of choice + some flavour and you are ready to stomp.

Hi!

Very cool force Zap!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

More strategy gold there, cheers Zap! I can imagine that my Ork army's tactics will be vastly improved next time!

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The reason that the Snakebite Clan card includes Boarboyz is fluff. By the background at the time, the Snakebite clan was less reliant on, and less trusting of, Tech of any form and thus used less of it. This was shown by their special unit being the Boarboyz, and by giving them some in their Clan card.

Yeah, the way to use Boarboyz is as described above.

Pulsa Rokkits are limited to 30 degree arcs (as far as I can tell anyway) specifically because they can turn the game IF they work properly. It's part of the 'charm' of using certain Ork formations, as was mentioned above. It just means you have to be more careful as to where you deploy them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6