Login |  Register |  FAQ

Ex Epic Player Has Some Questions

Post subject: Ex Epic Player Has Some Questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Last played Epic in 1997, been reading through the Net Epic rule book and some of the Codexes and played a few games. Even bought and painted up a Necorn force using Dark Realm Andrayada - but I have some questions, no doubt asked before.

1) There is an armour penalty of -1 when fired at from the flank or air, and -2 when fired at the rear. The definition states vehicles - which can be a bit loose. Do I take it that this does not apply to living organisms (some of the tyranid creatures), Titans, Walkers, Knights etc ? What about Air ?? Confusion caused since Harridan states All Round Armour, when I would have thought creatures would be the same all round anyway.

2) Slanesh Knights - can Chaos Reward Cards be played on them. Only playable on living organisms and Daemons - whilst I would personally say no - potential confusion in that they are called Daemon knights.

3) Ork Shok Attack Guns - my take would be that if the snotling hits without a double then a round of melee is fought a la the description - if he scatters then point defence would be able to target him as he closes, and titan defences would knock him out on 3+. Presumably it still counts as a shooting attack (Necrons regeneration).

4) Lure of Slaanesh - Emperors children - used to be take over unit if I remember - now says model - presumably now just the one stand within the unit. Some old write ups suggest taking over fast units and getting them to attack other fast units. Felt this was too strong an ability - can see it being a disaster for big orc mobs.

Thanks in advance for enlightening a long absentee.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Ex Epic Player Has Some Questions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I'll take a stab at some, but Scream may over rule me on some. ;)

1) Good question. The idea behind it was with standard armored vehicles in mind, since in reality tanks are vulnerable from the top and back. I would not apply this to knights or titans, no aircraft. Since tyranids are living creatures, I'd apply the rule depending on their role. If its a "tank" like creature then apply it normally. If it is a titan/knight creature then no.

2) No, they are mechanical.

3) I believe your interpretation is correct.

4) Just one model. You are correct that the old ability was over powered, especially against low morale armies like Orks and IG. Used correctly its still a pain, but not as overwhelming.

Primarch

Post subject: Re: Ex Epic Player Has Some Questions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

1) if it is not infantry, knight, titan it is vehicle. See where the unit is listed in the codex. Even 'Nids are listed as vehicles.

2) No, they are mechanical.

3) Yup.

4) Model is model. One thing...one stand or infantry, one vehicle, one titan.