Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

NETEPIC GOLD DOWNLOAD LINKS - FINALIZED

Post subject: Re: NETEPIC GOLD DOWNLOAD LINKS
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Also: How do people feel about the readability in the summary of unit statistics. The red may be too dark, so alternatively I could just use white and gray instead.

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Slann book looks excellent. Might be my reader, but the text seems to have varied colour/intensity on some pages though.

Sister book, nice creative collection of photos :D. I did find the black on red a bit eye straining in the stats summary, and I wonder how well it will print in B&W (assuming someone wants to print this beautiful work in shades of grey !).

Errata notes picked up as I go:

P17 the pictured Frog mech is actually the Bullfrog. The proposed Frog mech was the one used for the Vanguard photo with the reversed (predominantly green) colour scheme. Not a biggie.

Exodus Slann army card table P32 - mix up in the special cards. There are not 3 entries, second line should just be:
Exodus Stalker horde Warchief stand, 8 Exodus Stalkers 5 3 7 700

Necron army card table P33 - Heavy Destroyer Company contents should be Necron Lord + 3 Heavy Destroyer Phalanx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Warmaster Nice wrote:
Also: How do people feel about the readability in the summary of unit statistics. The red may be too dark, so alternatively I could just use white and gray instead.

I agree with you, black font on red background color in stats table is a real pain for the eyes :'( :'(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I seem to be having trouble trying to download the rulebooks from the netepic site....

Does anyone have pdf copies they could perhaps email me?? It would be much appreciated

Carlos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Winterburnsilva wrote:
I seem to be having trouble trying to download the rulebooks from the netepic site....

I seem to be having the same problem. I've got Adobe Reader 9 and it seems to start downloading ok (you can see the cover page) until it has downloaded about a tenth of the document then everything goes blank.

I can type but I don't really understand computers, is there something stupid I'm doing that is causing the download to fail?

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interestingly the download link that Scream put on the thread "Net Epic Gold Orks-anyway to get the pdf?" works fine for me... But still can't get anything else to work from the actual site.

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I may be able to shed some light on this. Make very sure you browser addons for adobe acrobat are updated. For some strange reason sometimes they don't update and an older one causes the problems you mention.

If you use Firefox, go to TOOLS>ADD-ONS>then press the underlined blue link that checks for updates and update accordingly.

I'm not sure how it works on explorer but should be similar.

I;m almost possible its the issue and that's why some people can download with no problem and others can't. Its a plugin issue.

Try it and let me know if it worked.

Primarch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cheers Primarch - I installed the latest version but this time I got the page not found message! :wah

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Make sure the latest one is enabled and the old one is either disabled or not present. For some strange reason I installed the new plugin but the old one persisted and I had to disable it manually and uninstall it.

Also, if the above does not solve it disable all add-ons for acrobat then download it and view it through adobe 9 in the non-browser way with the program directly.

Let me know.

Peter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes! Got it to work! Thanks for the pointers, just settling down for a good read to find out what improvements you fine fellows have been making over the years!

Got to say that the format of the document looks very professional, and it's more impressive looking than the original (official GW) rulebooks!

Will let you know what I think of the content after I've had that read...

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Glad to hear you solved the problem!

There reason it looks professional is that because a REAL profession made them.

Christian, aka Warmaster Nice, take a bow.... :)

Primarch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry I never got back sooner! Greatly enjoyed reading up on the new rules!

I really like the rules about embarking / disembarking transports, I always thought that the calculating of percentages always slowed the game down. Also think allowing the transport vehicles to act independently of the troops is a great idea. It always seemed a bit daft that all of the Rhinos had to just sit about (to maintain unit coherency) after they had dropped off the Marines. Really liked the Overrun rule, I always mourned the loss of this "Stomp" rule when the rules were simplified for V.2 of Space Marine.

Not sure what I think about the movement phase changes - I'm used to all charge movement being done then all advance movement - think it too seems like a good idea and think it will be very interesting to see how the change will affect the game. I'll need to see how that one plays out before offering my thoughts on it.

I think the one reservation I have is about the reintroduction of Snap Fire. I always found this really slowed the (1st Edition) game down and I was never that mad about it. But again, I'm willing to give it a go!

If I had one suggestion (and at this stage I have only read the core rules, not any of the other books), it would be to suggest bringing back the old experience for Titans. I can see why it was dropped when the 2nd edition of Space Marine was released (due to how lethal the combat was in comparison the Adeptus Titanicus), and that in practice, there probably wouldn't be many Titans surviving battles to actually get experience but I always thought they were really nice rules for campaigns.

Overall though, the rules are a beautifully produced document which look to be a real labour of love written by true fans of the game. Well done to everyone who was involved in this project, absolutely superb!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
Sorry I never got back sooner! Greatly enjoyed reading up on the new rules!

I really like the rules about embarking / disembarking transports, I always thought that the calculating of percentages always slowed the game down. Also think allowing the transport vehicles to act independently of the troops is a great idea. It always seemed a bit daft that all of the Rhinos had to just sit about (to maintain unit coherency) after they had dropped off the Marines. Really liked the Overrun rule, I always mourned the loss of this "Stomp" rule when the rules were simplified for V.2 of Space Marine.

Not sure what I think about the movement phase changes - I'm used to all charge movement being done then all advance movement - think it too seems like a good idea and think it will be very interesting to see how the change will affect the game. I'll need to see how that one plays out before offering my thoughts on it.

I think the one reservation I have is about the reintroduction of Snap Fire. I always found this really slowed the (1st Edition) game down and I was never that mad about it. But again, I'm willing to give it a go!

If I had one suggestion (and at this stage I have only read the core rules, not any of the other books), it would be to suggest bringing back the old experience for Titans. I can see why it was dropped when the 2nd edition of Space Marine was released (due to how lethal the combat was in comparison the Adeptus Titanicus), and that in practice, there probably wouldn't be many Titans surviving battles to actually get experience but I always thought they were really nice rules for campaigns.

Overall though, the rules are a beautifully produced document which look to be a real labour of love written by true fans of the game. Well done to everyone who was involved in this project, absolutely superb!

Hi!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Regarding movement, not this is in conjunction with the revealing the orders individually instead of globally giving a fog of war effect. Since movement is alternating and you only reveal the order WHEN the unit is activated to move, it makes for many important tactical decisions.

Do I charge that unit that hasn't charged? What if it is on first fire orders? What if I wait and it moves away?

Do I snap fire and lose my ability to first fire later or take it now?

Add snap fire to interdict movement with the above and you get an extra rich layer of decisions in the movement phase. The old rules were too predictable and moving everything of a certain order type just gave either too much advantage or too little.

Also the initiative winner, regardless of how many units gets to move one unit of his choice LAST, for that extra tactical edge.

Since I played a lot of 1st edition with snap fire I found it not to slow the game much. In fact, except in specific circumstances is is mostly detrimental to fire as snap fire due to the -1 penalty. You will find that most veteran players use snap fire less not more. It a gamble, a useful one, but not to be overused. Many a newbie with too much snap fire has lost the game.

I have played over a decade with these rules. They are well tested. I don't even remember what it is to play without these movement rues anymore.

As for titan experience an "optional" book will be cobbled together when the main project is done to include all these extra ideas.

Like you I personally love the titan experience rules. By the way if I recall Titan legions under second edition has such rules. That will probably be the template.

The credit for such lovely books goes to Warmaster Nice, Ferran and people like Scream and Zap whom stepped up to make it happen.

Primarch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm right up for anything that makes the game more tactical! Due to the nature of the game there will always be an element of chance but I've always felt Epic was most rewarding when I could see that a tactical decision I made was key in achieving a victory.

I hope you didn't think I was being disrespectful in offering my opinion about the changes, I'm sure that they have been well tested and I have every confidence that they will serve to provide a richer experience when I play Epic! My biggest frustration is that I won't get the chance to try out the rules for another 2 weeks! Can't wait!

Cheers!

Net Epic Evolution Rules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Bissler wrote:
I'm right up for anything that makes the game more tactical! Due to the nature of the game there will always be an element of chance but I've always felt Epic was most rewarding when I could see that a tactical decision I made was key in achieving a victory.

I hope you didn't think I was being disrespectful in offering my opinion about the changes, I'm sure that they have been well tested and I have every confidence that they will serve to provide a richer experience when I play Epic! My biggest frustration is that I won't get the chance to try out the rules for another 2 weeks! Can't wait!

Cheers!

Hi!

No worries! ;D

I used to explain the changes all the time, since its a common question, so no offense taken. :)

I'm happy to field any and all questions you have!

Primarch

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next