Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Returning Epic player needs some Army advice

Post subject: Returning Epic player needs some Army advice
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nothing badly written about triple charge...

when it's written: charge doubles base movement, it's clear for everyone, why triple base movement would mean something else than 3*base movement ?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

...and yet the chancers in this world seem to persist on trying to get more. Go figure, seems clear enough to me too, but... some people? *Shrug*

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If we were to rewrite the rulebooks to avoid absolutely every possibility of the slightest miss-interpretation it'd take a long time and the rule books would be 120 pages long.  I think a liberal dose of slapping what is really required in those situations.  :p

Oh, fixed the Chaos weapon table for Warhead so it includes the Doomburner costs  :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

there was once a homepage that had pictures of almost all epic figures, is it still around? (and if so where ? =)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh, fixed the Chaos weapon table for Warhead so it includes the Doomburner costs  :grin:  

I thank you from the bottom of my lazy... well bottom, actually.  :)) Why is the Doomburner in the Imperials List anyway?  ???

The wording on the triple charge was one of only a comparatively few rules that has come up during a game. On the whole the wording for NetEpic rules are superbly more tightly written than that of SM2. No comparison really. However there are still one or two rules that the power players are still trying to take the Mick with. The triple charge was one of them. No need to get defensive about this technological terror you have created. It pales to insignificance compared to the power of the Dark Side... opps, wrong monolog.

By Malleus | Posted on 31 Jan. 2009, 07:56
there was once a homepage that had pictures of almost all epic figures, is it still around? (and if so where ? =)

I don't think it has everything but it does have a lot of the Epic minis...
http://www.galactic-intrigue.com/epicoll....es.html

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

EpicCollectors site is about the best we have left.  The old and excellent De'Aynes Gallery has been MIA for a while now...oh how I wish I'd copied all those photos.  I think they were looking for a volunteer curator to restore it though....

There were some "Technology of the XXX" miniature catalogs compiled.  I think only the Imperial one was close to complete though.  I have them kicking around, and I'd guess they came from the NetEpic.org site.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Why is the Doomburner in the Imperials List anyway?

Someone in the distant past argued successfully that the LoB weapons should be selectable by any Chaos titan (we used to do that in the SM2 days....I have a funny story there).  Then someone else argued that if Chaos titans could have them then Imperials should too as all Chaos titans used to be Imperial once.  Apparently they won on the Doomburner but lost on the Deathstorm  :))

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, death by committee. It's a sometime hazard sometime win.

So, are these arguees still on the gaming scene or can we change this ruling back to sanity?  :devil:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is there a problem with it as it stands?  I have modelled Chaos Warlords with Deathstorms, so I wouldn't be all that keen to see these weapons taken away from Chaos titans.  I haven't done it, but no doubt there is someone out there that has put a Doomburner on an Imperial titan who'd be similarly inconvenienced.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is there a problem with it as it stands?

I guess the short answer here is no because I wont use it...

...However, it could make it harder in a group of players if someone fancies the idea and there it is in black and white on a set of rules. There are a lot of returning and new players who will take the lists as gospel and don't know the original background or care about it. That's not their fault as the lists then are leading people astray IMO.

The Chaos Titans should be able to use any of the Chaos Weapons depending only on Chaos Power alignment obviously (I.e.: Khorne head on Slaanesh Titan, NO!) As for the Imperial weapons. I believe it's is in the original rules that they can take them too. I don't even think any were excluded either.

Imperial Titans, there is no rule that allows them to take Chaos Developed Weapons, which is what they are. Not in fluff or in fact does it mention that they can or would use these weapons. The only reason why I can see why anyone would argue that they can is so Imperial Titans get a better Gattling Cannon. The Doomburner however is outclassed by the imperial Quake Cannon.

The other thing is if it can be argued that these two weapons can be included in the Imperial list then perhaps by allowing them you open the door to other arguments to allow some of the others. Doomfist, Hellblade, Hellstrike Cannon and the Havoc Missile Rack. What's next? If I argue enough what can I get? I think someone had there own games at heart and not the good of the game in mind when they started arguing this one.

Another point the Hellstorm and Doomburner have great big Khorne or Chaos skulls and spikes all over it. What!?! Was the STC just taking a bit of artistic licence that day. Come on... really, this argument got lost? I can't imagine how... Nice smooth and clean lined Imperial Titan... until the arms and then it's spiky skull theme time... Oh man! Well they do say Chaos corrupts but really?.. Yes, yes there are skulls on just about all GW stuff but this argument is full of holes, lame and indefensible IMO.

As to others being inconvenienced if it is changed, well were was that argument when the v5 army cards and composition got changed and I got left with lots of armies with incomplete companies or companies that were over the numbers. So if it wasn't a valid reason then, then it shouldn't be getting thrown in my face either. (Ok, I admit that one is a bitter rant but you can't blame me voicing it... again.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (zap123 @ 01 Feb. 2009, 00:39 )

EpicCollectors site is about the best we have left.  The old and excellent De'Aynes Gallery has been MIA for a while now...oh how I wish I'd copied all those photos.  I think they were looking for a volunteer curator to restore it though....

There were some "Technology of the XXX" miniature catalogs compiled.  I think only the Imperial one was close to complete though.  I have them kicking around, and I'd guess they came from the NetEpic.org site.

if you know the url it used to have try: http://www.archive.org/index.php

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another thing I dont get in the chaos list.. The Khorne Lord Of Battle follows the greater deamon rules..
that means it is a Command unit and should move double and shot i FF..
but then in the Template for the LoB it says may not be given FF orders...

so which is it.. is it a command unit that DOESNT get orders or do I have to place advance/charge orders on it...

(and while on the subject does it ever preform any good? it like a titan without shields and not that good expensive weapons)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You place orders on the LoB as you would any other Daemon Engine meaning you can't place First Fire orders as Khorne units are to hot for blood to sit back and fire at range... or something like that. The description says IIRC that it's a Greater daemon in all regards with the exception to orders.

The LoB is a difficult target to land a shot on sometimes given the small location template. It's not imposable though. What it has in place of shields are Chaos Cards. If you get it and fail to save you get the option of surrendering a card BEFORE you roll on the damage table.

As to whither it's good or not, that's for you to decide for yourself. I like them and like giving them two close combat weapons and then all I need to do is Charge them (considering cover and LOS of course) at the enemies Titans. He will normally wet himself.  :vD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And they are particularly despicable if Khorne is ahead on VPs as it gets an extra D6 CAF and +1 to armour and to hit rolls!!!  They also work pretty well with both Ranged weapons, though the no First Fire can be a worry against Knights and Bio-Titans.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmmm, the chaos marines I bought are all jumbled together, i.e. 1 from each chaos power + a havoc marine in the middle on each stand, is that the standard "stand", or should I split em up somehow instead? how do you guys model chaos marines? simplest seem to just model them as are...

and on a completely different matter:
doesnt either the Leman russ exterminators or the Predators in the spacemarine codex seem over/underpriced?

300 for 3 russes, and 200 for 3 predators?, they seems pretty much on par game wise? am I missing something, or should I just skip the russes on any Spacewolf list?

and whats the ordinary loadout on a warhound titan? the ones I got my hands on right now have some gun with 2 barrels, im guessing a turbolaser destructor??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next