Login |  Register |  FAQ

Using Adeptus Titanicus Models?

Post subject: Using Adeptus Titanicus Models?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So, I'm trying to put together Chaos, and with it being rather difficult to get ahold of titan/knight models, it is feasible to use AT models in Epic? I know it's a larger scale, so AT Knights might be Warhounds and/or Reavers? How to the sizes of the AT models compare to what we'd use in Epic? Which would be the good size of AT models to use in Epic? (Especially for anyone who's already looked into this)

Thanks.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Using Adeptus Titanicus Models?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Use whatever you like more, but better ask the people around you first, just in case.

About size: on Knights, they can be from a bit bigger, to close to twice. For Titans, AT18 Warhounds are around as big as Epic Warlords.

About scale, Epic smaller guys are at bigger scale than the bigger ones like Titans, to be able to take a lot more of both and make massive battles, so while the tank's scale is not too much far away compared with AT18 Titans there is a big difference in scale comparing Epic Titans with AT18 ones.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Really Abetillo has covered the main points, but for Epic I always use the same advice I read an awful lot where historicals gaming is concerned - it's a really big issue there because for some periods of history (ww2 or Roman era for example) you have so many different companies making miniatures scale does become an issue. Perhaps the same thing has happened now with Epic; you have original GW, AT, Vanguard/Onslaught miniatures and even now 3D printing.

The advice for Epic is the same - generally changes of scale on the tabletop can be acceptable but only if you do not have mixed scales within a unit or next to each other. So if you want to use Warlords, use either original GW or AT. Don't mix them up, because the scale change is so egregious that they will look completely out of place next to each other. For that reason I wouldn't use AT Knights and original Epic titans either, because a new Knight can be bigger than old Warhounds!

With infantry and tanks its a bit less clear cut. I do use some old GW stuff alongside newer Vanguard miniatures, because the difference between 6mm and 7.5mm is not really noticeable from the tabletop. My only rule for that is I don't mix infantry type for Marines (as the difference between a GW and Vanguard marine is noticeable on the same stand) - but again its not a hard rule, for Orks I mix in a lot more stuff, as Orks themselves are much less variable in size.

Finally - I have found this kind of thing is really subjective! Some people cannot stand even 1mm difference between miniatures and find it upsets the look of an army. Other people quite happily mix scales, and sometimes you have to just use what you have! So YMMV :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I use the new large Titanicus titans alongside 6mm models in my armies and they look good together, they're pretty common these days at the UK Epic tournaments. You can potentially use the same set of models to play both AT and AI as well then (not that I've bothered with either of these yet but maybe eventually).