Login |  Register |  FAQ

Transporting Rapiers

Post subject: Transporting Rapiers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So in building a squat list I have a formation of 10 warriors with 4 Rapiers as as upgrade.

Obviously with the 10cm movement of the Rapiers I want to transport them in something.

My first idea was to look at the Leviathan which has a transport capability of 16, but lists the restriction that " Bikes, Rapiers, Trikes, Tarantulas, and Robots count as two infantry for the purposes
of determining transport capacity. " My unit requires 18 slots in this way.

However the Hellbore only lists a transport capabilty of 16, with none of the restrictions in the Leviathan's unit entry.

Q1: Can my 10 warriors and 4 Rapiers ride in a Hellbore?

Further on, Q2: can I purchase multiple tunneler transports for a single formation? If I have a formation of 20 infantry stands (leaving out the Rapiers for the moment for simplicity) can they purchase and be transported in two transport (10) Mole tunnellers? Obviously they would surface in a single action, just as would multiple Termites?

Q3 Can I mix multiple types of tunnelers in a single formation? Such as having one Mole Tunneler and 5 extra Termites for the above formation?

Q4: Is there some reason why Rapiers are the only upgrade excluded from having 'plus transports' in the entry list. I can't find a good use for them if they were not transported, and the ability to purchase a Rhino for them would make me more inclined to include them.

I apologise if this sounds like nit picking over the tiniest wording, but don not want to pull surprise moves on my local gamers without checking first

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Transporting Rapiers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Elsaurio wrote:
So in building a squat list I have a formation of 10 warriors with 4 Rapiers as as upgrade.

Obviously with the 10cm movement of the Rapiers I want to transport them in something.

My first idea was to look at the Leviathan which has a transport capability of 16, but lists the restriction that " Bikes, Rapiers, Trikes, Tarantulas, and Robots count as two infantry for the purposes
of determining transport capacity. " My unit requires 18 slots in this way.

However the Hellbore only lists a transport capabilty of 16, with none of the restrictions in the Leviathan's unit entry.

Q1: Can my 10 warriors and 4 Rapiers ride in a Hellbore?
No, you suffer from the same 'Rapiers count as two infantry for the purposes of determining transport capacity' as with the Leviathan.

Elsaurio wrote:
Further on, Q2: can I purchase multiple tunneler transports for a single formation? If I have a formation of 20 infantry stands (leaving out the Rapiers for the moment for simplicity) can they purchase and be transported in two transport (10) Mole tunnellers? Obviously they would surface in a single action, just as would multiple Termites?
Yes, you can have multiple Termites/Moles/Hellbores

Elsaurio wrote:
Q3 Can I mix multiple types of tunnelers in a single formation? Such as having one Mole Tunneler and 5 extra Termites for the above formation?
There is nothing to say that you can not mix and match, so I'd say yes. Until it is proved to be broken go with it.

Elsaurio wrote:
Q4: Is there some reason why Rapiers are the only upgrade excluded from having 'plus transports' in the entry list. I can't find a good use for them if they were not transported, and the ability to purchase a Rhino for them would make me more inclined to include them.
They are more set up for the defensive side of the list. Defencing your artillery or Blitz objective.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

Profile Send private message