Login |  Register |  FAQ

Crash Course Introduction to the Inquisition Lists

Post subject: Crash Course Introduction to the Inquisition Lists
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

I'm looking to build a Hereticus army and wanted to get some general comments and advice from people directly involved in them.

I've looked over the lists in the NetEA compendium but am no where near experienced enough to parse more than that they're a firefight and engage focused army.

Could anyone share their experiences with using the army? Advice, army compositions, tactics, anything at all?

Basically wax lyrical about the Inquisition forces to a captive audience ;)

Also, as an aside, one thing I noticed is that the nice neat 00, 25, 50, 75 point splits in the guard list aren't the same here with units+transports coming in at 95 and so on, is this a common feature of armies and guard are the outlier? The little bit of OCD in me is going to look at a 2995k list and rage!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Crash Course Introduction to the Inquisition Lists
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ordos Xenos is pretty much an engage army. I've toyed with some ideas to give them a little more firepower. I typically have two Inquisitorial formations, a couple of formations of bikes and/or land speeders, a Kill Team in a Thunderhawk, a formation of Stromtroopers, at least one formation of aircraft and usually a Titan for firepower.

As for the units costing an even 25 points, I'm a fan of non-25 point increments when the situation warrants it. I hate to say "get used to it", but get used to it! I know what you mean about a 2995 point list, but from not being able to use those last five points will hardly matter.

Post subject: Re: Crash Course Introduction to the Inquisition Lists
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So strategically how do you use them?

Rush forward and engage ASAP or do you play a waiting game and wait for the opponent to expose something and pounce on it? Focus on grabbing objective early and holding them (the Sororitas fearless ability for example suggests to me that might be viable for them) or do you try and spread misery and death before grabbing objectives at the end of turn 3?

What are the Inquisitorial formations like? They seemed quite fiddly with a host of different units and little consistency.

On the odd points costs, I find that if there is no actual way of spendng those extra points then a formation that costs 195 is identical to one that costs 200pts. So, sure, technically that unit X is not worth as much as unit Y because it's 195 vs 215 pts...but as there's no option to get something to fill in that 20pts they're identical. Or you force yourself to reorganise and purchase units keeping a close eye on how to mesh the random 5pt bits and pieces which could well make your army worse. So, I understand it as unit X is just not worth unit Y. But if you can't spend the missing points (for whatever reason) it's essentially the same.