Downloaded 635 times
Company Formations, Sisters of Battle.docx [20.64 KiB]
Downloaded 608 times

Post subject: Re: Adepta Sororitas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interresting take on the Sisters. Very flexible (o:

Some of the wordings confuse me a little, but it seems this could be resolved fairly easily.

How much have you played this list? How does it perform?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not tested it at all, been busy with other stuff but got a whole load of figures on my to do list so hopefully do an army soon. I based its structure on space marine formations since that is what they are, however added the space marine and imperial guard support to represent its inquisition element of sisters of battle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi just wondering if there is any feed back on the this list, has anyone given it a go?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Have you given it a go?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

After some games using my list I have noticed its problems and now have taken the good angles from other lists and come up with this. I will be trying this one soon.

Attachments:
Adeptas Sororitas QR.docx [16.96 KiB]
Downloaded 425 times
Adeptas Sororitas.docx [19.74 KiB]
Downloaded 443 times

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have been playing this list a few times now and had mixed success in all the battles, the next I will be using a slightly revised army list. The games so far have been using mainly sister formations and a couple of exorcist formations with a stormtrooper formation and a stormblade.
The next 3k game I'll take
Mission 8 365
-Cannoness
-Rhino 4
Exorcism 5 325
-Hunter 1
Coven 4 195
-Rhino 2
Repentance 6 295
-Rhino 2
-Repressor 1
Conclave 6 295
-Rhino 2
-Repressor 1
Crusaders 10 325
-Chimera 5
Stormtooper 8 350
-Chimera 4
Thunderbolts 2 150
Thunderbolts 2 150
Warhound 1 275
Warhound 1 275

Attachments:
Adeptas Sororitas QR.docx [20.46 KiB]
Downloaded 445 times
Adeptas Sororitas.docx [20.58 KiB]
Downloaded 404 times

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What's the general mission statement/design goal/intent for the list?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ultimately I would like Adepta Sororitas to be a tournament list, along with the other Inquisition armies (Grey Knights and Deathwatch). It would incorporate the two convents of the Prioris and Sanctorum as a single entity using the deployment of the Adepta Sororitas as a single force. Using the military arm of Ordo Hereticus that includes all the sister formations and the cult of the emperor formations that are directly connected to the Militant orders. Removing the imperial guard and space marine support that is often incorporated within Adepta Sororitas campaigns but includes the influence of the Inquisition elements such as the Inquisitor Hereticus and the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers. In the list the basic sister unit is armed with heavy bolters and the retributors are armed with heavy flamers I feel this is more in line with their purpose, also I have included the super heavies baneblade and stormblade as an alternative to the warhound but I'm not sure about this. I have not included the super heavy cathedral or chapels because I think there pointless as sisters aren't crusaders coming to convert the masses they are deployed to destroy the heretics and remove those against the emperor.
I hope this explains my intentions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So to put it succinctly, an Ordo Hereticus Purgation headed by the Sisters vs a General Ordos Crusade. Cool.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm liking it. I would recommend renaming the 'Acts of Faith' to 'Faithful' to match the other Ministorum/Sisters lists out there.

I also notice a lot of MW attacks in there, Celestians have it on Bolters?

From a simple fluff perspective if you DO use the superheavy tanks I'd recommend not calling them Militia. Simply because it seems weird for a militia to run around with a super heavy battletank!

I also question if the list should include Titans. Firstly they are dedicated to the Machine God not the Emperor and secondly a lack of true Titans could well be a weakness for the list. Have it so the Inquisitor running the thing can commandeer Imperial Army and Imperial Navy formations to support the Sisters but the Titan legions can't.

Also, no spacecraft? How are they traveling from one planet to another to perform the purging? Is there any fluff for Sororitas planetfall?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Agree on the Titans. The list has enough macro to compensate (too much in fact IMHO) and every list needs a weakness and that would work well.

Also naming wise- Adepta Sonoritas is too broad I feel for a themed list. Maybe the simple additions to the name help with the vibe? Adepta Sonoritas Purgation Force has a nice ring >:D

The Inquisitor should be the SC for the list not the Canoness. She'd defer to the Inquisition naturally.

Pick one aircraft and go with it. I'd do lightnings as they need more love ;)

Pick only one AV for AA role. I'd suggest the Hydra. There's no justification in the fluff that they use Hunters while there IS for Hydras.

The Inquisitorial henchmen have silly amazeballs armour saves. No way on earth they should be as good as Marines.

These are way OTT for Inquisitorial Henchmen Acolyte, Inquisitorial Henchmen Sage, and Inquisitorial Henchmen Chirurgeon units (also they should be CH not units)
-Formation receives Fearless ability
-Formation receives Commander ability <- that doesn't even make sense
-Formation receives Invulnerable Save ability

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don't agree on dropping the Cannonness as SupCom, this is still primarily a Sororitas formation and while the Inquisitor may have overall strategic/administrative authority the Cannonness is likely to be the one doing the actual commanding in the field.

I agree on changing the name to be more explicit about what exactly the list is for.

Edit: I assumed the warrior henchmen were meant to be the guy at the front of this picture

http://mindenjatek.hu/warhammer/40/witc ... nchmen.jpg

So the save made sense to me, that looks like power armour.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dump the inquisitor then. He just sticks out as an odd duck in the list. Use his acolytes and/or junior guys as formations then.

That above isn't power armor and even if it was, for balance reasons its still OTT. Give them carapace 5+. That's plenty and gives the sisters themselves some uniqueness in the list.

I think you can even dump the SHT. That's covered in the ordos lists already so its removal with further differentiate this one.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The current lists are Ordo Hereticus and Ministorum so we have Sisters+Inquisitor and Sisters+Religious psychopaths.

Consul, have you considered having this list be built around the idea of a Sisters Purgation without inquisitorial support but representing the sisters turning up somewhere in need of purging (a heretical hive for instance) and them commandeering support from the local PDF?

It would differ from the others in that it would be fcused heavily on the sisters as the driving force behind he action but could justify using more of the heavier imperial equipment, like SHTs, leman russ (just the basic variant if you did include them) and maybe a Warhound.

If you went that route I'd suggest making the PDF formations understrength compared to the standard IG formations, maybe even oddly configured to represent the lack of logistical support leading to duct taping formations into something workable.

The idea being that the support formations are present to justify bringing the tools an Epic army needs to operate effectively but those formations are themselves brittle.

Things like 5 IG infantry+3 Chimera, or formation upgrades looking more like 2 Leman Russ+1 Basilisk rather than the standard neat +3 leman russ, or 10 IG inf+5 chimera or 8 storm troopers+4 valkyries.

Such a list would also pull dou ble duty as the kind of force on a planet that steps in when the PDF has failed or the governor is rogue and the PDF has split between loyalist and corrupt and so on.