Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ordo Xenos

Post subject: Re: Ordo Xenos
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Half a Blackstone with some spires added would seem an obvious model choice.

Night Lords 0.1
My Trade Thread

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Moscovian wrote:
Doesn't have to be GW, just scratch-built or kit-busted from GW. I'll tinker with the idea. How big do you want it (inches tall and wide)?

I'm thinking maybe something a little bigger than a Mk III Warlord, which is about 2" wide and 3" tall. Perhaps up to 4" wide and 4" tall.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I agree on everything about the Citadel so far. Definitely lose Planetfall. Since this is the Ordo Xenos list, have you considered weird, what someone referred to as "pimped", weapon choices for the Inquisition part of the list?

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey DS, how are things looking for the Inquisition list? I was hoping to give it a whirl soon to break up the back-to-back Squat playtesting. Maybe we can do an exchange program?

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

An exchange program sounds like a good idea. :) I've been wanting to try the latest Squat stats.

I have a Batrep to post for a game against Capt Piett, not that I think it'll be all that helpful given my crappy dice rolling and his occasional absurdly good dice rolls. I'll try to post it tomorrow with some thoughts.

I'm going to make slight change to Warrior Henchmen stats. I really hate having Slow Fire for infantry. So, their Plasma Cannon will change from AP4+/AT4+ Slow Fire to AP5+/AT5+.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
An exchange program sounds like a good idea. :) I've been wanting to try the latest Squat stats.

I have a Batrep to post for a game against Capt Piett, not that I think it'll be all that helpful given my crappy dice rolling and his occasional absurdly good dice rolls. I'll try to post it tomorrow with some thoughts.

I'm going to make slight change to Warrior Henchmen stats. I really hate having Slow Fire for infantry. So, their Plasma Cannon will change from AP4+/AT4+ Slow Fire to AP5+/AT5+.

I'd much rather see people playtest the AP4/AT6 Stats there are on the drawing board to switch too. Any chance at that DS?

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey - I think my occasional use of tactics accounts for a little bit too, not just blind luck. Besides, you coulda' zapped my deathstrikes with your t-bolts on turn 1 instead of putting them on CAP :P

I think the battle DID demonstrate that the list has one gigantic point-sink - that mobile fortress of solitude... With that many DC it's much easier to strip its voids with a barrage. First time I've ever been able to do that, and that's not a good thing. A higher activation count build may be in order.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

post the batrep already!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

cogitated a bit: Why does this list have to have an "Obsidian Fortress", when a perfectly servicable huge unit with a model exists that's not been used in any well-developed army list, that meshes well with the kind of high-level command abilities of the Ordo Xenos : The Capitol Imperialis

Who better than an Inquisitor Lord of the Ordo Xenos to have the greatest Imperial command carrier as part of his army?

It would have a large DC (IIRC it was being tested at DC12 when Jervis wanted to bring it back into the game just before Fanatic got shut down), and represent the might of the Imperium like no other vehicle.

The Leviathan seems to have been brought back from the dead well in the Cadian army list, so why not the Capitol Imperialis in this list?

So yeah, my twopenneth at this point is to kill the "Obsidian Fortress" without mercy and bring back probably the most iconic command vehicle from Epic's early days to replace it.

=======================

Also, will there be a new .PDF army list soon?
I would hope that some of Lord Inquisitor's more wacky ideas would be stripped out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just reading the description, I'd assumed an Obsidian Fortress was an Inquisition-modifed Leviathan or Capitol Imperialis.

Night Lords 0.1
My Trade Thread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
So yeah, my twopenneth at this point is to kill the "Obsidian Fortress" without mercy and bring back probably the most iconic command vehicle from Epic's early days to replace it.

an idea I am right behind. Partly because I agree, and partly because standing in front of a moving Capitol Imperialis is silly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

madd0ct0r wrote:
Evil and Chaos wrote:

an idea I am right behind. Partly because I agree, and partly because standing in front of a moving Capitol Imperialis is silly.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Angel_of_Caliban wrote:
Dwarf Supreme wrote:

I'd much rather see people playtest the AP4/AT6 Stats there are on the drawing board to switch too. Any chance at that DS?

Yes, there is a chance, but I want to give AP4+/AT4+ a try first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Evil and Chaos wrote:
cogitated a bit: Why does this list have to have an "Obsidian Fortress", when a perfectly servicable huge unit with a model exists that's not been used in any well-developed army list, that meshes well with the kind of high-level command abilities of the Ordo Xenos : The Capitol Imperialis

Who better than an Inquisitor Lord of the Ordo Xenos to have the greatest Imperial command carrier as part of his army?

It would have a large DC (IIRC it was being tested at DC12 when Jervis wanted to bring it back into the game just before Fanatic got shut down), and represent the might of the Imperium like no other vehicle.

The Leviathan seems to have been brought back from the dead well in the Cadian army list, so why not the Capitol Imperialis in this list?

This is an example of some of the challenges I'm facing with taking over development of a list in mid-stream and without full knowledge of 40k hardware. Since Lord I had put this unit in the list, I presumed that it was mentioned somewhere in a codex or fluff that I haven't read. In some ways it would make more sense to use the Capitol Imperialis since it already exists.

Quote:
Also, will there be a new .PDF army list soon?
I would hope that some of Lord Inquisitor's more wacky ideas would be stripped out.

Yes, there will be an updated army list soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
This is an example of some of the challenges I'm facing with taking over development of a list in mid-stream and without full knowledge of 40k hardware. Since Lord I had put this unit in the list, I presumed that it was mentioned somewhere in a codex or fluff that I haven't read. In some ways it would make more sense to use the Capitol Imperialis since it already exists.

Nope, Lord I just made it up AFAIK.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next