Login |  Register |  FAQ

Changes to the Inquisition Lists

Post subject: Re: Changes to the Inquisition Lists
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think Lord I and I have pretty much come to an agreement that I'll develop my list, and my recommendations will be encorporated into the hereticus list when he gets around to it, as my list is getting more playtesting than the hereticus has.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Right... I just don't have any ability, resources or time to playtest the Sisters at all right now. If anyone wants to give me playtest feedback, then I can develop it alongside zombo's list but right now I'm happy to see what comes of that list. If there's a desire for an updated OH list let me know and I can bash a list together that meshes with zombo's and upload it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

posted here to avoid clogging single list develpoment threads up:

Ok.

I’m looking to build and paint a Witchunter’s Army.
It might see the field of battle, but probably not while I live in Vietnam, so aesthetics trump tactics.

I’m looking to include the classic iconic units of a mixed Witchunter army. It is a standard War of Faith affair, with a minor Inquisitor monitoring.
Aside from the obvious, I’m aiming for Living Saint with wings of flame, Inquisition Black Ship in orbit, Traction Cathedrals, massed zealots (in the non exact sense) and the rest of the ‘freakshow’. There is that classic two-page picture in the 40k codex.
Still, I’d like them to be vaguely sensible.

I have tried the current incarnations of the Inquisition list and the Ministorium list.
Compare and contrast:

Ordo Hereticus (2995pts, 9 activations):

300pts: Seraphim: 6xSeraphim, Canoness (Leader, commander, inspiring, count-as Living saint)

360pts : Convent : 8xSisters, 4xRhinos, Canoness (Leader, commander, inspiring)
340pts : Convent: 8xSisters, 3x Rhinos, 2xImmolators
250pts : Convent: 8xSisters (rides in basilica)

450pts : Guard : 12xGaurd(Count as Zealots), Priest (Leader, Inspiring), 3x Penitent Engines

350pts: Exorcists: 5x Exorcist
500pts: Basilica : (BTS)

365pts: Inquisitor: Inquistor, 3x Henchmen, 1x Support Staff, 1x Landraider, 2xChimera

75pts : Rouge Trader Vessel: (Count as Blackship)

I left Arco-Flagellents out because of their odd rules, and Retributors because I wanted long range more. I’m not sure what use the ‘Blackship’ is, but it’s an activation and some long range firepower.

Ministorium(2995pts, 9 activations):

325pts : Seraphim: 6xSeraphim, Cannoness (Supreme Commander, Inspiring)

400pts : Convent : 8xSisters, 2xDominions, 4xRhinos, 2x Immolators
345pts : Convent : 8xSisters, 4x Repressors

300pts : Crusade : 10xRedemptionists, Priest, (Fearless, leader, inspiring), 2x Penitent Engines
300pts: Flagellents: 6x Flagellents
300pts : Exorcists: 5x Exorcist, 1xHunter
300pts: Retributors: 6xRetributors, Heroine (Leader, commander, inspiring)

275pts : Warhound : (count as traction Chapel)

450pts: (BTS): Frateris Milita: 12x Guard, Priest (Count as Inquisitor), 6xChimeras, 1x Hydra

Missing Blackship but otherwise ok. I think this list is stronger then the other, although I think they’d reward different play styles. Both are very weak on the anti-aircraft front. I always thought that’d be a good role for a traction chapel to play.

Thoughts?

Ps, One other option here would be use the Arco-Flagellents as ‘count-as Inquisitor, Retinue and Arcos’. Swap out the bloated Frateris Milita formation for a pair of Lightnings and some Dominions to join the Retributors.
Better Air-cover and makes that unit tougher in an assault.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Batrep pending... I played a Ordo Xenos list the other day. With the exception of the black citadel, the army played fairly evenly. The Citadel took out one SHT on turn one and spent the remainder of the game being dodged. Perhaps a bad choice for my army at the time though.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

madd0ct0r: great to see the lists, thanks for posting. I'd love to see how these do on the table. Interesting to note that you are counting a warhound as a traction chapel. Is there not an option in the list that gives you the ability to field such a unit? Why do you feel it is necessary?

As for the list, I'll just comment on the ITF one. You have zero anti-aircraft, unless I'm missing something. Isn't that going to be a problem?

Moscovian: looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

speaking of AA,do you usaually take banishers in a exorcism battallion(if so,in what ratio) or do you take hydras in a guard coy,or just rely on your own aircraft???

Also,should be posting up a 4K list that im (hopefully) taking to warhammer world in the new year to play against my friends necrons(or LATD,or even space wolves if hes started them),so may need some help!!!

cheers
matt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lord Inquisitor wrote:
madd0ct0r: great to see the lists, thanks for posting. I'd love to see how these do on the table. Interesting to note that you are counting a warhound as a traction chapel. Is there not an option in the list that gives you the ability to field such a unit? Why do you feel it is necessary?

As for the list, I'll just comment on the ITF one. You have zero anti-aircraft, unless I'm missing something. Isn't that going to be a problem?

huh. could have sworn I replied to this weeks ago.

Warhound as traction chapel -
1 - it keeps it a sisters only list
2 - the points and stats are about right for a traction chapel
3 - it's a very useful unit
4 - some sort of superheavy church on tracks is mandatory for me. i like the idea too much. there is the huge capitol WE in your list which i have also been thinking about, but one giant WE again makes a few smaller ones importnat for a sense of scale.