Login |  Register |  FAQ

Orders Militant - Adepta Sororitas 2019 2.1 (Developmental)

Post subject: Orders Militant - Adepta Sororitas 2019 2.1 (Developmental)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:20 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hi,

this is the developmental thread for 2.1 Adepta Sororitas (Sisters of Battle)

I have place the current list below. Please use for play testing. Any comments on suggestions on the list please put in this thread.

thanks

Attachments:
File comment: Stats
SOB_.21_Stats.pdf [58.46 KiB]
Downloaded 934 times
File comment: Armylist
SOB_2.1_Armylist.pdf [64.37 KiB]
Downloaded 974 times

Post subject: Re: Orders Militant - Adepta Sororitas 2019 2.1 (Development
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Small thing I noticed: the Valkyries in the stats are missing their special rules, skimmer and Scout.

And as stated in the other thread I'm sad there's no knights in this version :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:27 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Minor change, will add that when their are more corrections or any changes.

The knights were in several versions back. Taken out because they did not fit into the theme. The Chapels and Cathedrals were added to give the army war engine transports. I believe this version is better suited for Sisters as the options are greater for bid out and many transport options.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Could I ask for a clarification in the unit stats? A lot of the infantry units seem to have multiple heavy and special weapons per stand indicated. For example, Battle Sisters have "Heavy Flamers," Dominions have "Meltaguns" and Retributors have "Heavy Flamers" and "Heavy Bolters." Compare this to Celestians, which are listed as just "Multimelta."

Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 43.48 KiB | Viewed 7472 times ]

Section 1.1.3 of the NetEA rules is pretty specific that if a unit has multiple heavy/special weapons, the data sheet will say "2 x [weapon]."

Attachment:
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG [ 112.25 KiB | Viewed 7472 times ]

So do Battle Sisters have 2 Heavy Flamers, Dominions have 2 Meltaguns, and Retributors have 2 Heavy Flamers and 2 Heavy Bolters per stand? Or are these all typos and they only have 1 of each per stand?

If it is not a typo, it's worth noting that the 2.1 SoB unit stats seem to be inconsistent in how they're indicating unit armaments. Penitent Engines, for example, are indicated as having "2 x Heavy Flamers."

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:56 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Not quite following. None of those lines have a 2x out in front, so they all have a single weapon of those listed. Is the "and" confusing you? E.g. the battlesisters have a heavy flamer that grants an ap4 shot as well an IC on their FF attack.

Or is it just because the names are plural? If it's that, ignore the plural. As you say you only get 2x if there's a 2x at the start of the name.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
Not quite following. None of those lines have a 2x out in front, so they all have a single weapon of those listed. Is the "and" confusing you? E.g. the battlesisters have a heavy flamer that grants an ap4 shot as well an IC on their FF attack.

Or is it just because the names are plural? If it's that, ignore the plural. As you say you only get 2x if there's a 2x at the start of the name.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear, but you answered my question. I was confused because the weapons are listed as plural on the datasheet. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been playing with sororitas lately, love the army theme but imho cathedral needs some kind of buff.
Reducing its point cost isnt the way to go because that would allow 2 cathedrals in a regular 3000pt game, but right now comparing 2 chapels with a cathedral makes the cathedral cry... cathedral should have FF3+ (so many short ranged weaponry) increased transoport (16)and a better critical. Right now for 550 points it has lackluster shooting, not amazing assault capability and as soon as it receives a crit it becomes useles due to it being a transport and its short shooting range.

Suggested changes:
FF3+ to match chapel
Increase transport to 16 (2 mission units)
Crit extra hit or even crit fire wich would be thematical

Still it wont be great but it would have a purpose as a heavy assault transport

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice to see someone put some life to the thread here.
We have a SoB player in our area, and with our experience they seem to lack a bit. They are a great theme army, but tend to be a weaker army.

I agree to the changes to the cathedral, and even with the changes it's an expensive unit.

Beside that, the army tends to be outgunnned, due to their lack of range in shooting, and most of their transports have weak armor saves (rhinoes, I look at you!).
To help the army (without adding too much ranged weapons for them) we have talked about letting them have titans as allies, as the other imperial forces do, and adding castigator tanks to them (also because they look awesome). Adding the castigator would probably mean taking a look at the exocist as well, or else they will end up being two vehicles doing the same thing. So here's what we talked about changing:
Exorcist: Changing armor to 5+, from a 4+, and give them the following weapon stats "Exorcist Launcher 45cm 2xAP6+/AT4+ OR 45cm 1BP, Ignore cover", representing their different kind of missiles/rocket for the weapon.

Castigator, battlecannon: AV, 30cm, Armor: 4+, CC:6+ FF:4+, Battlecannon 75cm AP4/AT4 and 2xHeavy bolters AP5

Castigator, autocannons: AV, 30cm, Armor: 4+ CC:6+ FF:3+, Twinlinked autocannon 45cm AP4/AT5 and 2xHeavy Bolters AP5

Exocists becomes a Support formation: 3 x Exorcists for 200 points. Upgrade: 1-3 exorcists for 35points each and 1 x hunter for 50points.

Castigator becomes a core formation: 4 x Castigator for 200points. Upgrades: 1-2 castigator for 40points each. Upgrade any number of castigators to battlecannons for 10points each. 1x hunter for 50 points.

All gain/keep keyword faithful.

This makes exorcists slightly more expensive, but gives them a new weapon option, and the same armor a whirlwind have.
The castigator have the same armor as a predator, since it's kinda the chassis they got. They are a poor mans leman russ (with greater speed of course). They are cheaper than leman russes, and remain about the same price as chaos predators, before they are upgraded with battlecannons. Maybe you could increase the price a bit for them, since they are the only way to compensate for the SoB weakness of having no long ranged weapons in their army.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Guys,
getting somewhat confused. Inq. Stormtroopers are taken with 6 Stands. They have Valkyrie Upgrades, thats fine. But why 4 and not 3? Do I have misread the Rules regarding Transports? You have to take only that much to transport all Troops, no more no less?
Please Clarify for me.

Cheers Steele

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:18 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The Inquisitor is a unit, not a character. There's 7 units in the formation, 3 Valkyries wouldn't be able to transport that, four are needed.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
The Inquisitor is a unit, not a character. There's 7 units in the formation, 3 Valkyries wouldn't be able to transport that, four are needed.

That explains some. And why wasnt it filled up to 7 Stormtroopers then to use all possible transport capacity?

Cheers
Steele

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:00 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

You'd have to ask CnS for sure, but I'm fairly confident I heard him say "it will drive Steele nuts if the Stormtroopers only have 6 units and the Inquisitor in thr formation, so let's do that".

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah. It doesnt drive me Nuts, but I love coherency. As in the past in the Tau Development time I rededsigned my proposals until it fit the Rules. But alas, it should fill up to 8 Stands.

Cheers
Steele

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:12 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The formation is 6 plus one inquisitor. No fancy things in deciding that size. Other Inquisition lists have the same number of 7 and seems standard so I went with that. Please try out the current list and provide a battle report the more I get from various groups the better chance list approval testing gets completed.

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Guys,
as I am Kitbashing a Cathedral, I do need to know what is the Excommunicator Gun looking like? Or are there more than one (as I would expect for AA Cover) or is it a turreted one? You may aswell Point me to the Original Development Discussion of this.
Cheers
Holger