Login |  Register |  FAQ

The campaign continues + xmas game

Post subject: The campaign continues + xmas game
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

still in the midst of doin battles for turn 3 with me loosing battle number 4 in the 1st fire phase.

Due to games of magic interspersed amongst battles and christmas and real life it has slowed a bit.

But just had christmas game of 8,000 points today but still to finish. Marine vs Imperial gaurd with no titans or super heavy vehicles ! will post pics soon

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The campaign continues + xmas game
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool, standing by !
Glad your games are still going DNME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok been fighting with photobucket, here is alink to the photo's although been unable to put them in order

http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... 12%20game/

Well i was imperial gaurd my mate was marines and as stated before we were playing without titans, super heavy vehicles or even knights. With a total of 8,000 points it was a pretty epic game that we both enjoyed especially as in the campaign it has been a bit of a titan fest :)

My forces Imperial Gaurd

1 x Commissar Yarrick
3 x tactical companies
2 x bike companies
1 x heavy company
2 x beastman companies
1 x leman russ tank company
1 x predator company
2 x assault companies
1 x rough rider company
1 x Rocket company
2 x sentinel det
2 x ogryn det
2 x chimera det

I had deployed with the beastmen to storm the city area and my armour with the rough riders to cover the right open flank. With the river in the centre i had an assualt det either side to be able to get across easier and re-inforce where needed. The heavy company defended the fortress in the centre with one det to defend the objective on the left flank.

My opponent had a broad deployment with devestators spread across and taking defensive positions in the city.

My opponent dropped a couple of scout set from thunderhawk gunships in which one det of ogryns smashed one lot up. My ogryns grabbed an objective each and my line of troops moved forward, both det of ogryns were deployed in chimeras so i could gt them forward 1st turn and make use of them.

Not much happened in the first turn other than me killing 2 thunderhawk gunships and both moving towards the objectives. with only some exchanges of fire due to range etc

Turn two my bikers got stuck in and both companies got broken as they went forth to disrupt the enemy and hold them up. Broke my opponents scouts, killed another gunship and broke the land raiders which were as usual soaking up shots and dying slowly. he also dropped the sythes of the emperor on yarrick and killed him, which was most annoying due to his morale bonus. end turn 2 was 17 to 44 to me.

turn 3 my beastmen starting to get in the fight and taking fire from his devestators which was whittling them down. My rocket fire proving less effective at taking them out, next time an artillery company would be better as having a minus for buildings. On the open flank i was advancing with covering fire from my armour and making good progress, although my rough riders broke as fighting assault marines so even fights and no caf bonus. 3 thunderhawk gunships flying as air support proving very effective at shooting my troops up in the city. End turn 3 25 to 47 to me.

Turn 4 my 2 comanies of assault troops break and a company of beastmen but luckily some detachments remain loyal and carry on fighting. nearly capture another objective with bitter hand to hand fighting in the city. i only manage to break a tactical company but hold 6 out of 8 objectives and have advanced halfway across the board. 35 to 55 to me end turn 4

Turn 5 A commissar cheekily gets on another objective and manages to hold it by himself. I manage to break 3 battle companies this turn and have 7 out of 8 objectives with my opponent conceeding the game as now 35 to 87 to me.

All round an excellent game thoroughly enjoyed by both. my opponent making good use of the gunships as fire support although i think he was tentative in his initial first moves and did not commit good troops till to late.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry, I missed this post at the time - talk about putting the "epic" into Epic! Love seeing these huge armies locking heads!

Also really like the ash-covered landscape and the recycling of sprue parts as telegraph poles!

Look forward to following more in due course!

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules