Login |  Register |  FAQ

Campaig Turn 3

Post subject: Campaig Turn 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

End of turn 2 the important sector. Mine are with the drawing pins in, my opponents the red coloured markers.

As you can see i held the bridge (left on picture), and lost an army near his hive (down left from centre) although it still looked very exposed. After writing orders down i was hoping to win iniative as would enable me to pin some of his armies and make more of an opening to threaten his city.

This is how it looks after turn 3 movement

There are eight battles to be fought, and they are all along the bootom. This sector is getting very hot, although can he manage to keep supplies up and can i withstand the attrition?

Other highlights are that i have cut his top left sector off from his armies (capturing a supply convoy) and also cutting his middle top sector of aswell (capturing another supply convoy) so making it even harder for him to supply his offensive.

The big map. As you can see on the left my forces snaking up, and a pincer movement on his eastern sector hive.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Campaig Turn 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's a very comprehensive map. I really like how you've put a lot of effort into representing this campaign. It's a really good example for others to follow, and emphasises the importance of the narrative side of the hobby. Thanks for posting this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Its alot of work (thats my mates copy of the map) but certainly worth it and gives a more strategic effect to the games. but it has made us field very different armies from what we would play in a single battle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

1st battle of turn 3 is in progress but real life interventions have delayed it as only turn one played so far, titan fest battle , 18 warlords, 6 reavers, 4 warhounds. 2 meltdowns, 1 topple, mind impulse damage, weapons blown off and vortexs tearing shields down. More and report after Friday hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi DNME

Was worried your campaign had fizzled out. Look forward to the next instalment. So where are all those screaming hoards of infrantry regiments ? Waiting for the Titan spearheads to capture ground I suppose ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thats the one thing that we have noticed in that titans are predominant in a campaign as we put no limit on what sort of troops you can have. So far as all fighting been in the one sector and he has used titan armies to try and smash in and my imperial gaurd armies are in another sector, and my squat ones. not looking forward to his terminator army or his veteran army all in thunderhawk gunships.