Login |  Register |  FAQ

Knights?

Post subject: Knights?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey everyone

My son and I are playing 2nd edition (and I just bought EA so hoping to move to that one day) but for now the simplicity of 2nd edition keeps him engaged.

He is building a Tyranid army from the Hive War box set, and reading on some of the units it says they are a "Knight" I think it was the Hive Tyrant was something like he moves like infantry but is treated as a knight.

what is the special rule on a knight? Is this something from a white dwarf rule added or something? I know they mentioned knights in the 2nd edition rulebook, but dont see any rules on knights in the book.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Knights?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The rules for knights in the space marine version of epic were in white dwarf 126. Send me a separate pm if you would like me to try and scan them for you. The article is quite lengthy and has templates and counters. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The White Dwarf lylekelm is referring to there was the original rules for Knights from the 1st edition of the game.

If you're playing the 2nd edition of the game you'll want to get hold of a copy of the Titan Legions: specifically the rulebook and 'codex titanicus' (which had the unit stats). Both came in the titan legions boxed game and you could probably get hold of a copy on eBay.

If you're just after an explanation of just what the rule does though remind me next week if no-one else has helped with the info before then and I'll look it up. I can't really at the minute as I'm heading off for a festival early tomorrow and I have a lot to sort out before bed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The white dwarf article has both imperial and eldar knights. Codex titanicus has four pages but doesn't cover the eldar knights. There is also white dwarf 182 which has an article on knight households for Epic Titan Legions. It focusses on knight errand or knight lancer households. All are interesting background reading.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

thanks lylekelm

I sent you a PM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Smaul - All ready. See my PM in reply.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As best i can remember-move and terrain as inf but cant be transported and i think can pin super heavy tanks but not titans.