Login |  Register |  FAQ

Imperator and Chaos in 2nd edition

Post subject: Imperator and Chaos in 2nd edition
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Brother-Captain Parzval @ 14 Jan. 2009, 23:08 )

Correct. In the last pages of teh 1st ed Space Marine Rulebook, there is an "in the works"-section, where an "Emperor" titan is mentioned. "Imperator" is of course latin for Emperor.

Emperor class titans are mentioned in the Adeptus Titanicus rulebook as well. Although back then they were also mobile cathedrals for the Imperial Cult as Machinne God didn't exist back then (those were the days...).

But to nitpick: Emperor is a _class_ of titans while Imperator is one type of an Emperor class titan. Just like both Reaver and Warlord are battle titans. Another Emperor class titan mentioned is Warmonger.  :;):

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Silentbob27 - Actually, the stormblade co. and leman russ co. are dual colored/symbol cards - meaning they can be taken by either tech or IG armies.  If you take it for an IG card - then you may attach IG support and special cards to it and vice/versa.  The knight households, and titan battle groups are tech guard company cards only.

It's actually pretty important to decide which "army" the dual cards belong to - mainly because if they are IG co's, they are subject to the chain of command rule.  Not to mention it drastically alters the cards that can be attached to it.

I'd imagine that chaos could not choose to select dual color cards as anything but IG cards, thus illiminating the option to choose tech guard support cards or special cards for it, like the imperator.

Again - thats only if you want to be nit-picky about the rules :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Heh, gotto love the fuzzy nature of the older GW games. Pre-internet forum griping :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thats actually a really good point - I remember all questions on rules were basically answered by anyone standing close to your table at the good ol game store!  :grin:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It also doesnt help that when Titan Legions came out, WD shortly had some killer Chaos Imperator titan conversions in their pages.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh yes - the Abominatus or whatever it was.  They released rules for it in a Citadel Journal I guess - but nothing "official".

Some of the stuff in CJ was really neat.  Off the top of my head - the warp palace, Orc snake-bite Wyvern riders, and cards for termites, moles, and hell bores for squat armies - which one would think should have been official from the git-go...

I need to track all those down...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you want some clarification on what happened to SM2 it has evolved into NetEpic and the rules for ALL these amazing and fun things mentioned are included... as are some very sensible solutions to some of the haziness you were talking about. The rules at the moment can be found on the Wiki page as posted by Zap123 here...
http://www.players.tacticalwargames.net ... ...ryId=17

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That NetEpic stuff seems a little goofy to me - Didnt I see an official smurf army someplace!?

NetEpic has some good core rules - alternate movment for one, but some of the user made content is out there.   :oo:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I fairly certain the Smurf thing was a joke or someone with far to much time on their hands but I know what you mean.  :))
Smurfs aside the rest is actually very good. I started with SM2 and although I loved the game everyone in our group hated all the inconsistent and hazy rules. When we found NetEpic we were delighted to find most of these problems had been resolved. You should have a look and see for yourself. What have you got to lose. I personally like the fact that there is still the same character to the game. Check out the NetEpic Battle Reports and threads here if you like too.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think the objective system is a strong point in 2ed/netepic. And Im not worried about the bizarre effects of maxing out some weird combination of army cards, cause Ill play with the armies I have in the privacy of my own home. And I generally dont have more than one of each company card (with one or two exceptions).

Thats cause I get tired after painting 1 falcon grav tank, and would start experiencing seroius mental distress if I forced myself to paint 18 of them.  :disagree: