Login |  Register |  FAQ

Small project for the holidays Ork MegaGargant at 200%

Post subject: Small project for the holidays Ork MegaGargant at 200%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I downloaded the STL file for the Ork Mega Gargant to replace some missing weapons on a second hand one I purchased at a bring and buy some time ago.

I looked at the files of the Megagargant and thought that the current range of 8mm Titans made them look puny, and even the truescale 6mm Forumware minis made it look small. I decided to increase the scale of it.

After adjusting the complete Megagargant file, I decided 200% was the best size, and I am gcoding the individual stl files into printable portions lower hull guns and spikes, Back weapons, Shoulds, and shouder weapons, and so on.

Hopefully when all the individual sections are printed and built, this one off project mini wll be put aside for larger games where MegaGargants can be used. I will relegate my 2 MegaGargants to being standard gargants.

I hope to add pictures of each print as I finish it on my PLA printer.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Small project for the holidays Ork MegaGargant at 200%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:03 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

looking forward to pics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I printed the first of 6 prints and realised that the original STL had already been enlarged. I realised 200% was way too large.

he original Mega Gargant had a lower hull 6.5cm x 4cm x 1.5cm. The 200% print had a lower Hull 17.5cm x 10cm x 4cm.

I have resized it so that the lower hull will be 8.5cm x 5cm x 2cm. I think that should bring it inline with truescale 6mm Dimensions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Okay Photos. Comparrisons betweent he original Ork Mega Gargant, the 200%resized STL file (which it seems was already resized for True Scale 6mm), and the 100% True Scal 6mm STL file prints.

I abandoned the 200% prints after the first as I realized it was going to be waaayy to bit. The 6mm True Scale prints (broken ito 6 prints to amke it easier) will be added in photo form as I finish them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Sizeable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:17 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I like it.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I finished the Mega Gargant in 6mm Truescale. I am attaching some size comparrison photos for a scale comparrison.

There is the original GW OMG thatis small Mega Gargant. There ara also 2 6mm Truescale Chaos Warhound Titans from a now closed down Forumware manufacturer. There is a proxy manufacturer from Europe Truescale Ork Great Gargant. Lastly my own 6mm Truescale Ork Mega Gargant that I 3D pinted fro a Thingiverse STL file.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think the 200% would have been fine for a Mega Gargant. They're meant to be very large. Forge World have said in the unlikely event they ever make a Titanicus Imperator it will be around the size of a 40k Reaver, which would be 40cm tall. Mega Gargants were shorter but bulkier than an Imperator.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I still think it would have ben too large. I also have nowhere large enough to store a mini that large.

I have been making a bit of room by selling off so many armies and old Gaming systems, but I still want to keep some stuff, and I am still collecting for Epic Armageddon, and have expanded a little into Aeronautica and the new Titanicus s well.

For Epic gaming though, I think it is perfect, as the truescale 6mm is large enough to stand out from all my other Gargants.